Saturday Party

chole110

How was the party? Decided not to go in the end .. so now I need to hear about what I missed out on (and will probably end up regretting my decision)

How long were Billy and his band on for?

Were there any guests at the party?

Was there lots of dance floor time?

Worth going?

The party was fun!

We had to wait a LONG time before it opened.. and there wasn't much people in fact. I evenwent all the way around the stadium thinking that the meager queue i saw around 8 there was of gold passes or diamond ones.. but no, it was the right one... There was no other entrance to the stadium.

Billy Boyd and his band were very good, and they played about 15 songs.

What annoyed me to no end was that, on the "softer and quieter" moments of some songs, you could hear people chatting in the back of the room over the band's music.

I mean it's ok not to come only to see the band, but you could at least keep your voice down, as it clearly show you don't give a damn on the performance. I saw Billy flinch a little when he realised that some people were completely ignoring his show....

The music after the band pleasantly surprised me. I was half expecting hardcore techno and such.. and no, luckily, no!

The DJ even put on the Time Warp from Rocky Horror Picture Show! The dance floor wasn't that big, but sufficient.

I saw some of the guests mingling in the crowd. The main missing ones: Anthony Head, James Marsters, Charisma Carpenter and Brandon Routh and Zach .

They didn't stay for long though...

I left around 1AM. There were still people there.

Slightly better than the last party with Common Rotation then?

a LOT better than Common Rotation lol! Beecake were fantastic, but I thought the audience were a bit lame, most people were just standing there, not moving at all, which is weird at a gig. I was dancing the whole time, how could you not?

The disco after was really great too, the music the dj chose was excellent and I had a fantastic time.

Beecake were fantastic, but I thought the audience were a bit lame, most people were just standing there, not moving at all, which is weird at a gig. I was dancing the whole time, how could you not?

I was dancing as much as i could, but being stuck behind/under a lamp pole on the far left side (facing the stage) didn't helped much, no much room to move...

I don't even think they saw my efforts in trying to put some moving in there....*sigh*

Ok. I was crewing at the Saturday party and I would just ike to clear a few points up.

The que - yes it might have looked small as to those outside BUT what you didn't notice was those INSIDE. We opened the downstairs bar and the arriving public were given the choice to que for firsts dibs or have a drink inside. Die hard Beecake fans of course waited outside.

The venue - we held the party upstairs. So to anyone walking past after 8.00 it would've looked empty. The room itself was split into two sections, stage and seating. The tables were packed and of course the Beecake fans held their own by the stage.

The crowd. Yes, there was talking, but mainly because some members of the crowd were excited to see the band for the first time. No, there wasn't much dancing but how can the audience dance with they are filming every single bit thing that Mr Boyd said or did? So it worked both ways, if you talked you got told off by someone wanted to record the moment, and if you videoed then you got moaned at for not talking or dancing.......it was swings and roundabouts.

All in all though I thought the evening was a great success. The bar staff were kept happy - when they wasn't begging for autographs (sorry chaps but I am not god - not matter how much you worshipped me lol) - and the disco afterward made me knackered. Thanks to Stef and his hairy friend for not killing me on the dancefloor, much appreciated!

A lot of people stayed until the very end, some got to meet Beecake (hello to the Japanese fan and Beecakes Myspace crew - glad I could help out) and I didn't get a CD - I'm sorry but the excuse that you were still waiting for them to be shipped from the USA was lame roflmao!! Ok, I'll let you off this time but sheesh, I made sure you had ice LOL!

Lisa.

Edited by BrandinsChick