Brandon Routh - What did you talk about?

nicky

I didnt meet him but would have asked:

1). What are the plans for the next Superman film and will they include the rumored return of Gen. Zod?

2). How was his audition for the role and how did he come to be aware of it?

3). How much physical training did he do to become Superman?

4). Did he try to emmulate Christopher Reeve or make the character his own?

5). What about the deleted Krypton scenes? And were there many deleted scenes that didn't make it?

6). He was a big Supes fan before being cast so what would he like to see Supes do or fight in future sequels?

As he was signing my stuff I told him how great a job he did as Superman, he stopped signing and held out his hand and said thanks. Then I asked about the new film he said it would be out in 2009, so it wouldn't be up against Batman next year. I replied "but Superman would kick Batman's ass!" at which point him and his agent cracked up, Brandon then said maybe that would happen on screen someday.

Edited by A007

"but Superman would kick Batman's ass!" at which point him and his agent cracked up, Brandon then said maybe that would happen on screen someday.
Wolfgang Peterson was attatched to direct Batman Vs Superman at one point a few years ago.

I just told him that I'd loved Superman "since forever", which he said he was glad to hear. I also told him about the time I'd dressed up as Supergirl for a school fancy dress competition when I was six and he asked me "Did you win?" and I said no. He was very sweet and really easy to talk to. Lovely guy. :)

As he was signing my stuff I told him how great a job he did as Superman, he stopped signing and held out his hand and said thanks. Then I asked about the new film he said it would be out in 2009, so it wouldn't be up against Batman next year. I replied "but Superman would kick Batman's ass!" at which point him and his agent cracked up, Brandon then said maybe that would happen on screen someday.

What a QA i wish i asked him those questions, i met him and asked him about the sequel and he said they start pre production early next year then i asked him do know what bad guys might be in the sequel and he said they havent writen a script yet and there still brain storming (could that be a glue braniac?) then he shook my hand and i said i thought he was brilliant in superman and i said he was the best superman and when i saw him to have my photo with him he reconised me.

and i thought he was the nicest famous person i have ever met :huh:

I was early on in the photoshoot, i just told him it was nice to meet him, and more of the same for the sequel,

and he replied "absolutley"

Definatly knows how to behave as a star.

damn tall too!!

I was early on in the photoshoot, i just told him it was nice to meet him, and more of the same for the sequel,

and he replied "absolutley"

Definatly knows how to behave as a star.

damn tall too!!

Other "stars" could learn a thing or two from Mr Routh!

i dont think brandon likes brian singer, as u can see in the making of on the superman dvd, plus he isnt a legend because superman returns would of been a lot better if it was done with a different director, he should of stuck with xmen, i met brandon yesterday and yeah he was the nicest one there, chewbacca just looked like he hated being there :-(

i dont think brandon likes brian singer, as u can see in the making of on the superman dvd, plus he isnt a legend because superman returns would of been a lot better if it was done with a different director, he should of stuck with xmen, i met brandon yesterday and yeah he was the nicest one there, chewbacca just looked like he hated being there :-(

Met Brandon Routh at an open queue today, nobody waiting so plenty of time to chat. He mentioned Brian Singer but I did not get the impression that he didn't like him. Understood him to say that filming of the next Superman film starts early in 2008 for release in 2009.

Totally agree that he was a pleasure to meet. More than happy to pose for some photos and genuinely seems to have enjoyed the weekend...in fact he commented that meeting fans by doing shows like this was one of the better parts of the job. Nice guy.

I asked him if they had decided on a villain for the next movie (due out 2009), as I have heard they don't want to use General Zod or Lex Luthor (& Braniac's been done in Smallville), he said they hadn't decided, and didn't name a preference, but said he was hoping for a villain which would allow Superman have a few more action scenes with (I'm guessing since the first film was light on hero/villain physical confrontations).

My mate also asked him about the 3 independant films he's got out between now & "The Man of Steel". Sounds like he's quite proud of those. I for one will be checking those out when they arrive.

All round top guest, the only one I met (never got round to William Hope unfortunately), and glad I did.

I asked him if they had decided on a villain for the next movie (due out 2009), as I have heard they don't want to use General Zod or Lex Luthor (& Braniac's been done in Smallville), he said they hadn't decided, and didn't name a preference, but said he was hoping for a villain which would allow Superman have a few more action scenes with (I'm guessing since the first film was light on hero/villain physical confrontations).

My mate also asked him about the 3 independant films he's got out between now & "The Man of Steel". Sounds like he's quite proud of those. I for one will be checking those out when they arrive.

All round top guest, the only one I met (never got round to William Hope unfortunately), and glad I did.

I finally met him 2day! drove down from bham as i didnt get to meet him on saturday.

What a great guy! I told him he did an awesome job, he stopped to say thanx, then i told him that i never thought id actually get to see a Superman movie in the cinema, he said he felt the same about Star Wars.

Great guest!

I told him he'd done an amazing job and that I couldn't wait for the sequel, he was really nice but there was a big queue and I didn't want to hold it up by talking more.