Saturday at Collectormania

tr1gger

Nope, eyewitness here: Gillian Anderson indeed strictly refuses to sign X-Files material.

She told me she wouldn't sign a photo because it was from the X-Files when I met her once - I had taken great care to find a photo from one of her movies just to make sure she'd sign it.

I admit I got snarky and told her "in which episode does Scully wear a hat like this?" She grumbled and finally signed. But several other people with X-Files items got a flat out refusal from her.

I wonder what her problem is, you would think she would be proud of The X-Files

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I'd be very surprised if an event organiser bothered to get her if she refused to do X-Files stuff as that'd obviously be the main thing people would want .. then again, maybe that's why she hasn't done one :YAHOO:

I'd say take stuff but have a back up handy. It's a bit wierd that she won't sign x files stuff.

if she clearly wouldn't sign any x-files pics....i wouldn't evn bother with a back up item...the words "sod her" would spring to mind...i'd save the money for a guest that matters!

I'd be very surprised if an event organiser bothered to get her if she refused to do X-Files stuff as that'd obviously be the main thing people would want .. then again, maybe that's why she hasn't done one :angry:

My thoughts exactly.

An actress saying that she won't sign Playboy pictures or whatever an event can probably deal with. But an actress refusing to sign anything related to the show that made her famous isn't going to work our for an event.

Tony went through various rules of posed or no posed photos on Saturday. I was the person at the head of the queue checking you had everything out and ready and trying to apologise when we did have the no posed photos rule up. Which was for a short period late on Saturday afternoon.

I think what we need to clarify is this: If a guest has a no posed photos rule sign up, that normally (and in Tony's case DID) means that the guest is not going to stand up, put his/her arm around you and stop signing while the photo is being taken. This can take ages and was put in place only after consultation with Tony because he had about two hours left and three hundred VQ tickets still to call. He was, I believe the last guest to leave on Saturday, because he wanted to make sure that he didn't leave anyone disapointed.

I tried to tell everyone that he'd happily look up while signing and smile if you crouced into the photo, and that he was more than happy for everyone to snap away while he was signing. Putting this rule in place for about an hour enabled us to get through what had become a situation where we wouldn't have managed to get all the autographs done. Anyone who asked me specifically for a posed photo was invited to pop back at the end and told if he was clear/quieter it wouldn't be a problem at all. Tony did do a small photo session at the end of the day for those who came back.

Only if a NO PHOTO rule is in place, will a guest not look up and will we enforce the rule. These are normally in place at the actors or their agents request and to help speed things up for the very busy guests.

We may be crew members but we're also mostly collectors and fans ourselves and we do understand that you want a photo, time with the guest and a signature, but we are always mindful of how many other people are standing in that virtual queue behind you. It never looks like a really big queue because it is an imaginary one but sometimes there are hundreds of people still waiting to be called through.

I appreciate you all saying it never hurts to ask and that you are going to do that in future. But try asking the crew member rather than the guest. Guests don't want to offend anyone, after all, you are who put them there, so will say yes when put on the spot like that! We then have to be the ones who say "No sorry". But if you had ticket number 800 and we stopped at 799 how would you feel? The best bet if you really want that photo is to buy a photo shoot ticket, or to come back later when the guest is on open queue.

Intelligent, articulate, well thought-out, polite, helpful and rational. I wish there were more posts like this, but in the meantime I'm happy to quote it all; maybe repeat exposure will help those qulalities rub off on the rest of us. :angry:

I'd say you're also a credit to your organisation, especially compared to some posts from that side of the fence. Thank you.

:angry: Thank you. You made my day.

Hi Pooks, it's Kayla. It was great working with you on Sat :angry:

Hey there hon! great to work with you too! have you had fun with your goodie bag yet?

:)

I havent touched it since the day i got it. I've been a tad busy lol