How was Grace Park?

Rev_Bem

I sympathise with the last two posts. I was ticket number 265 and got to see her at about 4.30 today, having stood around for well over an hour. Having said that she was more than worth the wait, perhaps the most pleasant, friendly and good looking guest I've met in the 4 shows I have been to. She's also a damn good actress as she convinced me she remembered me from the day before and the photo shoot. ;) Does anyone know if she has an official website?

Met Grace on the Saturday - she was lovely although really needs to learn how to talk and sign at the same time. Her queue was very badly organised and moved at a snail's pace. By lunchtime she had only signed up to 100 whereas all the other big guests were in the 350's.

The girl in charge of her queue stuck to the absolute letter of the law in only allowing people through in virtual queue ticket number which is fair enough but it was excrutiatingly frustrating to watch as often the queue was allowed to get down to as little as 4 or 5 people who then spent ages talking to Grace whilst people with higher numbers weren't allowed through. The queue wasn't kept flowing at all (what was up with increasing the numbers in increments of 20? That was ridiculous!) and I fear people probably left on Saturday without getting to see her (I had ticket number 333 and managed to see her at 4:00 p.m.!) . Eventually two pit bosses took over and everything started to run like clockwork but they should have taken charge a lot earlier in the day. It was definitely the most frustrating experience I've had at a Showmasters event and there were an awful lot of very very unhappy people who couldn't believe how excrutiatingly slowly the queue was moving. I think in future its vital that the big guests have the most experienced staff members working their queues so that things can go smoothly.

I had 199 and kept being told by the crew member to come back, even when 250 and 300 were up. At about 4pm the pit boss took charge and I then got to meet Grace straight away. I have to agree more experienced crew should be working the busy queues. That said the Brandon queue was organised very well indeed.

Living in Milton Keynes I have the advantage of being able to attend every CM and have been able to meet many guest over the years. Grace was by far one of the best I have met, chatty and friendly - a pleasure to meet.

She is very sweet, she seemed quite taken aback by my request even though I explained it was a BSG obligation to join the Jedi Chefs :blink: but she said maybe but it is up to my agent who said no. Still hoping she will join the ranks of the Jedi Chefs as she declined today. Too busy...... her agent let her pose for photos with the crew but did not want her to don chef hat and quickly pose with the lightsabre :firedevil::D He is the new JCB!

I didn't know people could refuse the jedi chefs, surly thats not allowed. ;)

Met Grace on the Saturday - she was lovely although really needs to learn how to talk and sign at the same time. Her queue was very badly organised and moved at a snail's pace. By lunchtime she had only signed up to 100 whereas all the other big guests were in the 350's.

The girl in charge of her queue stuck to the absolute letter of the law in only allowing people through in virtual queue ticket number which is fair enough but it was excrutiatingly frustrating to watch as often the queue was allowed to get down to as little as 4 or 5 people who then spent ages talking to Grace whilst people with higher numbers weren't allowed through. The queue wasn't kept flowing at all (what was up with increasing the numbers in increments of 20? That was ridiculous!) and I fear people probably left on Saturday without getting to see her (I had ticket number 333 and managed to see her at 4:00 p.m.!) . Eventually two pit bosses took over and everything started to run like clockwork but they should have taken charge a lot earlier in the day. It was definitely the most frustrating experience I've had at a Showmasters event and there were an awful lot of very very unhappy people who couldn't believe how excrutiatingly slowly the queue was moving. I think in future its vital that the big guests have the most experienced staff members working their queues so that things can go smoothly.

Yeah, i normally charm my way into the que but the chick in charge of the line wasn't having none of it (have i lost my edge?), I lingered with intent for a fair old while until eventually she caved (it was on 120 and i was 141)

I got a two-person shot with Tricia and since the Maxim shots had run out, got an actual copy signed instead that I'd got from my collection. Apparently there were some versions of a Maxim shot she would NOT sign.

Seemed painfully thin compared to her photos, but very pleasant and not unpleasing to the eye. Would definitely go back if she did another show.

Yeah, i said to my brother she didn't seem as built as i thought she would.

I told Grace that BSG was a great show and had a great cliffhanger to end series 3. I asked her about series 4 & she said they start filming in the next 2-4 week, but none of the cast have seen any of the scripts yet!

Aww I thought Grace was awesome; I don't usually ask guests any questions or such because I am awful talking to everyday people, let alone in such a situation. But I did manage to ask her how it was filming for Command & Conquer 3 which was pretty good of me :WAVE:

and we were very fortunate in that she actually allowed us to take a picture of her with moo; which is the cutest picture we have taken with him so far :D

So yeah, Grace was awesome

When I first saw her I was amazed at just how petite she is but I would not have called her a twiglet - her curves were the right size for her build and in all the right places (at least so my hubby tells me, lol)

When we got her autograph I found her very friendly and pleasant to talk to. she was fascinated by my klingon makeup and asked me alot of questions about it.

She was a pleasure to meet

Kehlan

When I first saw her I was amazed at just how petite she is but I would not have called her a twiglet - her curves were the right size for her build and in all the right places (at least so my hubby tells me, lol)

When we got her autograph I found her very friendly and pleasant to talk to. she was fascinated by my klingon makeup and asked me alot of questions about it.

She was a pleasure to meet

Kehlan

She was lovely, I had an autograph and photoshoot, she seemed a bit puzzled by my command and conquer reference though....

grace was fantastic!

i only went sunday sadly, and whilst her queue was quite big i did manage to beg my way in far earlier than my ticket would have allowed (the woman must have got fed up with me and my friends just waiting there...). as she was the only guest i went to see i was very grateful for that. anyway whilst i can see that perhaps some people would have been annoyed that she was taking a while, i am glad she did - she was open, friendly and very chatty, and everyone got the same treatment from what i could tell. plus she even remembered me from the photoshoot in the morning which was amazing considering how many people she must have seen by then. she spent a good 5 minutes talking (and signing) and seemed interested in what i brought.

anyway if you are interested please check my LJ for photos/video: http://dr-gaius-baltar.livejournal.com/

i really hope we'll see her again next year - that would make me come again for sure (this was my first con/signing whatchamacallit). the only downside is the quality of photos on sale at the place - cheap laser prints that were bloody awful. however the photoshoot itself was excellent value, as were the autographs.

btw i have to say ray park was also fantastic - caught him by chance as we were leaving and his queue had shrunk a bit by then - awesome guy, really friendly :D

grace was fantastic!

i only went sunday sadly, and whilst her queue was quite big i did manage to beg my way in far earlier than my ticket would have allowed (the woman must have got fed up with me and my friends just waiting there...). as she was the only guest i went to see i was very grateful for that. anyway whilst i can see that perhaps some people would have been annoyed that she was taking a while, i am glad she did - she was open, friendly and very chatty, and everyone got the same treatment from what i could tell. plus she even remembered me from the photoshoot in the morning which was amazing considering how many people she must have seen by then. she spent a good 5 minutes talking (and signing) and seemed interested in what i brought.

anyway if you are interested please check my LJ for photos/video: http://dr-gaius-baltar.livejournal.com/

i really hope we'll see her again next year - that would make me come again for sure (this was my first con/signing whatchamacallit). the only downside is the quality of photos on sale at the place - cheap laser prints that were bloody awful. however the photoshoot itself was excellent value, as were the autographs.

btw i have to say ray park was also fantastic - caught him by chance as we were leaving and his queue had shrunk a bit by then - awesome guy, really friendly :whistling:

Damn fine Wallpapers !

Glad I wasn't the only one to namecheck C&C !!!