Parking

bobd_uk

Hi,

I know there is a map of car parks in the FAQ, but can someone please confirm which car parks will be open from 7.30am onwards on Sunday? I've never driven to CM before but friends have told me that they had to queue till 9am for some of the car parks when they have.

Thanks, Bob.

Hi,

I know there is a map of car parks in the FAQ, but can someone please confirm which car parks will be open from 7.30am onwards on Sunday? I've never driven to CM before but friends have told me that they had to queue till 9am for some of the car parks when they have.

Thanks, Bob.

the free car park next to John Lewis doesnt open till 9.30am. The pay and display areas I think start charging from 7am if my memory serves me correctly, something like that.

just noticed this on the website: all pay & display bays are free on Bank Holidays - good news for those going on Monday

There are various areas at MK which are priced differently, including some which is free (I think the free areas are green but don't hold me to that.)

Also if you're intending to travel to CM on Monday, there's no parking charges at all because it's a bank holiday, so if you get there early enough you can park right outside :whistling: .

• Showmasters Admin

The only places that have "opening times" are the multi-storey cars parks (Shown on the map with a big P with a hat on), and the free area to the right of John Lewis.

All the other car parking is open air and never closes.

Edited by Too Tall

I park where all the banks are, either free in green spaces, 25p in purple or £1 an hour in red bays (obviously there are more red spaces than green or purple spaces)

I'd recommend the purple parking areas too, as that's what I've always gone for. For a couple of quid you get to park there all day which is great, and they aren't too far from the centre either.

Well depending on what time your gonna get there Green is free, Purple is standard and Red is the most exspensive.

When I go on the Saturday's to CM I aim to get there for 5:30am to 6am ou have the pick of the parking.

I goto M.Keynes most weekends cos I only live Ten minutes away the side where I park is on the side where Next is.

Over the road in the Green free Parking it's like a Square the parking area opposite the flats.

I would go for Green Parking if i was you if you're planning to stay all day but it depends what time you get there.

Some of the workers have to be at work for 8am to sort stuff out in the shops before it open's at 9am.

Hope this helps

Edited by gem-sanders

I'll arrive early and aim for purple then!!!

If you want free parking the Side where NEXT the shop is over the road there opposite to the flats I think the outter square is Purple but the inner square is Green so it's free that' where i now go for. I used to park in the free bit behind the Library and Bank but that Square is even closer.

Hope this is clear enough.

Enjoy Cm.

i got there between 10 and 11 one time and it was a nightmare getting a space. coupled with Mk being a complete maze, finding the free spaces (or even a pay space thats available) can sometimes be hard. it's one of my main concerns. I'd buy a GPS system if i lived in MK i'd be totally lost!

Hi

Can't wait to get there tomorrow, sounds like today and yesterday went well.

We are arriving from London, but don't know Milton Keynes at all well. I've got numerous maps including the car parking map. We hope to get there for about 9am.

Can anyone who attended today or yesterday advise how difficult it was getting parked.

I don't mind paying premium prices so I've checked out the car parking map.

How busy were the car parks this morning?

Thanks

Steve

Hi

Can't wait to get there tomorrow, sounds like today and yesterday went well.

We are arriving from London, but don't know Milton Keynes at all well. I've got numerous maps including the car parking map. We hope to get there for about 9am.

Can anyone who attended today or yesterday advise how difficult it was getting parked.

I don't mind paying premium prices so I've checked out the car parking map.

How busy were the car parks this morning?

Thanks

Steve

BE WARNED the parking wardens :borg: here in milton keynes are highly efficiant , one of my mates got a parking ticket yesterday and he was only 2 minutes over his time.

spend that extra £2 for more time or get a ticket for £28 (£14 if you pay within 7 days)

I thought parking was fine, if you got there early enough. Cost me like a quid for four hours. We got lost trying to find my car again though as Milton keynes all looks the same.

Edited by Gray Fox

I thought parking was fine, if you got there early enough. Cost me like a quid for four hours. We got lost trying to find my car again though as Milton keynes all looks the same.

We got there at 08:30 and were 3rd in the queue for the free car park. Hillarious to watch everyone zoom in as if thier life depends on it when they open the barrier up :)

This is for next time since all parking is free tomorrow, but if you park near the Jurys Inn and Ramada hotels, parking is free all day on Saturdays and Sundays. I parked there as I was staying at the Ramada (which I can heartily recommend by the way) and left the car there all weekend and just walked up to the centre.