Costumes

zebredy

I know you guys like to dress up, especially with your yellow capes (though not to sure what that is all about, sounds fun though)

This year at C11 I'm going as Janet Fraser my fav character, just wanted to know who you guys are going as, or what type of SG uniforms you might be wearing, as there are quite a few to choose from?

Also at the mo I have the desert, greens, dress blues and part of the base blue and black uniform and as well as working on finishing my base blue and black uniform , I would like to start work on an Atlantis uniform, but I wanted to know what uniforms you guys have or are trying to get hold of or finish...

This is a link to what has been posted in another part of the showmasters forums, hope you like? - click here - Its only a suggestion of mine, but I hope you think its ok?

:rolleyes:

LLAP :borg:

I know you guys like to dress up, especially with your yellow capes (though not to sure what that is all about, sounds fun though)

That's the OJB (Order of Jonas' Banana). Not sure how they came to be.

This year at C11 I'm going as Janet Fraser my fav character, just wanted to know who you guys are going as, or what type of SG uniforms you might be wearing, as there are quite a few to choose from?

Also at the mo I have the desert, greens, dress blues and part of the base blue and black uniform and as well as working on finishing my base blue and black uniform , I would like to start work on an Atlantis uniform, but I wanted to know what uniforms you guys have or are trying to get hold of or finish...

I've done and will be wearing my O.world black to Collectormania, I've also done an Atlantis costume which I may bring as an alternative to change into.

meblackstuff123.jpgWhiteNerdy.jpg

I'm just waiting on a jacket to complete my O.World greens but don't know if that will be here before May.

I've spoken to a couple of people on another forum who will also be coming in costume to CM I think in O.World black also.

I'm in the process of putting together a Hot Fuzz Costume for CM at the moment, if you have any questions on SG costumes don't hesitate to ask I've been putting mine together over several years now and if I'm not sure of an answer I can probably direct you to the person/persons who do.

That's the OJB (Order of Jonas' Banana). Not sure how they came to be.

I've done and will be wearing my O.world black to Collectormania, I've also done an Atlantis costume which I may bring as an alternative to change into.

meblackstuff123.jpgWhiteNerdy.jpg

I'm just waiting on a jacket to complete my O.World greens but don't know if that will be here before May.

I've spoken to a couple of people on another forum who will also be coming in costume to CM I think in O.World black also.

I'm in the process of putting together a Hot Fuzz Costume for CM at the moment, if you have any questions on SG costumes don't hesitate to ask I've been putting mine together over several years now and if I'm not sure of an answer I can probably direct you to the person/persons who do.

I belong to a Stargate group in Essex which has about 14 member, we're always dressing up in SG uniforms, I was just wondering how long it took you to make your Atiantis one, as that would be a great one to wear at an event, cause most people who have SG uniforms don't have the Atlantis one, also if I made one I would be the first in my group (that attends all the meetings) who had an atlantis costume.

I normally buy most of my costume stuff at military fairs etc sometimes you can pick up a pair of trousers for £1-2, but I havn't come across any trousers that are the same colour as the Atlantis ones yet, where did you get yours?

The jacket I picked up at Matalan a couple of years back now the only mods I made to it was to remove the zip (was a horrid brass one) while the zip was out cut out the shapes and attatched the panels to the inside, I attached a new zip and made the storm flap from a bit of spare fabric, finally attached velcro for the patches. think it only took me about a few days to do. The trousers i'm using are just your average BDU trousers.

If your planning a similar jacket with panels, just start by finding a suitable base jacket that you can modify. If it has a normal collar it can be trimmed down to shape. If you're not keen on cutting the jacket to fit panels I have known people to sew them straight onto the front of the jacket...

On the other hand Sheppard and McKay were wearing plain BDU Shirts & Trousers with the patches attached, that's a less complicated option if you want to go down that road.

The jacket I picked up at Matalan a couple of years back now the only mods I made to it was to remove the zip (was a horrid brass one) while the zip was out cut out the shapes and attatched the panels to the inside, I attached a new zip and made the storm flap from a bit of spare fabric, finally attached velcro for the patches. think it only took me about a few days to do. The trousers i'm using are just your average BDU trousers.

If your planning a similar jacket with panels, just start by finding a suitable base jacket that you can modify. If it has a normal collar it can be trimmed down to shape. If you're not keen on cutting the jacket to fit panels I have known people to sew them straight onto the front of the jacket...

On the other hand Sheppard and McKay were wearing plain BDU Shirts & Trousers with the patches attached, that's a less complicated option if you want to go down that road.

Great thanks, though I don't think I'm as good at costume making as you, may have to get my gran to help me out a little, just to get me started. You never know Matalan may still have the same type of jacket, most stores stock the same stuff (heres hoping you never know, ok maybe its just wishful thinking)

If Im going to do an Atlantis costume/uniform I have to go the hole hog

wow that's a pretty cool Atlantis jacket, Welshie! mine would NEVER look like that, I'm useless at sewing :D tis pretty cool though! :D I wore a SG costume types to C5 (I'm talking just the bottoms, DMs and coat really :dance:) but since then I've normally been crewing so haven't worn any uniforms/costumes but I did do CSI :P at C8 :P

good luck with your costume Lorna, hope to see you wearing it there! and shall look out for people in blacks/Atlantis jackets, scutter!

surfy sah xx

ps-I've said it elsewhere before, but gotta say it again, wicked AV and rock on for CM: CIA!!!! :D

wow that's a pretty cool Atlantis jacket, Welshie! mine would NEVER look like that, I'm useless at sewing :YAHOO: tis pretty cool though! :YAHOO: I wore a SG costume types to C5 (I'm talking just the bottoms, DMs and coat really :D) but since then I've normally been crewing so haven't worn any uniforms/costumes but I did do CSI :o at C8 :thumbup:

Thanks, I'm not all that good at sewing myself. The jacket was my first go, I had to be shown how to thread the sewing machine before I started it, but it came out allright.

CSI's going to be my next costuming attempt, I've almost finished the HOT FUZZ costume i've been working on. I've tried to find a source of the vest they wear, but had no luck, so I'm looking to see if I can get www.thevestguy.com (who I know from SG costuming boards) to make one for me.

wow that's a pretty cool Atlantis jacket, Welshie! mine would NEVER look like that, I'm useless at sewing :lol: tis pretty cool though! :dance: I wore a SG costume types to C5 (I'm talking just the bottoms, DMs and coat really :D) but since then I've normally been crewing so haven't worn any uniforms/costumes but I did do CSI :wub: at C8 :YAHOO:

good luck with your costume Lorna, hope to see you wearing it there! and shall look out for people in blacks/Atlantis jackets, scutter!

surfy sah xx

ps-I've said it elsewhere before, but gotta say it again, wicked AV and rock on for CM: CIA!!!! :poki:

So, what are you gona be dressing up in surfy_sah?

:poki:

LLAP :YAHOO:

Is it ok if I make some badges to give out to people at collectormania who are in SG-1 or SG-Atlantis uniforms?

Please let me know your thoughts I will be there on the Saturday and Sunday only.......

:poki:

LLAP :D

Count me in... I'll be fully kitted up as a season 9-10 SG-1 member (Cam Mitchell style) for all the events this year. Everything as accurate as money can get you. Obviously won't be bringing the rather accurate guns!

And if it gets to hot (as I'm sure it will) then the last picture is how I'll end up... No jacket. Teal'c styleeeeee!

6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

2-1.jpg