Series "3" Doctor Who

BrandinsChick

So series "three" hits our screens tomorrow and we have a new assistant.....what will the future hold (for those of you who haven't already read the episode guides that is lol).

Personally I am really looking forward to my Saturday night in the surgery again (get it?) and I am trying very hard not to make my mind up already that I already don't like Martha........

Nacho's and spicy dip here I come!

Lisa.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So series "three" hits our screens tomorrow and we have a new assistant.....what will the future hold (for those of you who haven't already read the episode guides that is lol).

Personally I am really looking forward to my Saturday night in the surgery again (get it?) and I am trying very hard not to make my mind up already that I already don't like Martha........

Lisa.

What is it about Martha you're not sure about? :thumbup: Just curious, not being nasty! :thumbup:

I'm looking forward to the series, but for some reason Russell T Davis is really getting on my wick at the moment and I think he's in dire need of a good slapping! :angel:

Personally I can't wait! I saw the series preview trailer at lunchtime today and it got me even more excited.

I've been really really careful not to read anything about the series (and considering I'm a very curious person it was quite a challenge) so much so that I don't know any of the episode titles past the 1st (ok so I know the 11th too but that was an accident!). Some thing have managed to slip through the net but not so much that I know what to expect.

I just hope I make it home in time tomorrow to be able to see it!

:thumbup:

Lisa.

What is it about Martha you're not sure about? :thumbup: Just curious, not being nasty! :thumbup:

I'm looking forward to the series, but for some reason Russell T Davis is really getting on my wick at the moment and I think he's in dire need of a good slapping! :YAHOO:

It's a female thing LOL :-) I wasn't a Billy Piper fan at the beginning of the series one, but I think that was because all I knew of her was being a drunken bum with her (ex) hubby and screaming the place down with "because we want too"! . I absolutely loved her though, and cried buckets at the end of Doomsday (which was repeated again this morning and I'd just applied my make up grrrrrrrrrr!). It is more probably to do with the fact that there is a change ahead, though I must admit when David showed his "oh new teeth" I really looked forward to seeing him in action.

I have had several discussions with others in my circle who were dreading the Dr metamorphasizing in to David whoever, and they are all won round now. Now it's the sudden worry that the Dr will change again due to the fact his assistant has changed this season, I think that maybe we'll see a new side to the name with no first name and I'd love it to be a tougher one.

Having said that I am looking forward to "meeting" Martha after seeing all the trailers, and after reading an interview with the said Mr R Davis, I think they are expanding the depth of the Dr and I can't wait to watch!

Lisa x

Lisa.

What is it about Martha you're not sure about? :mellow: Just curious, not being nasty! :D

I'm looking forward to the series, but for some reason Russell T Davis is really getting on my wick at the moment and I think he's in dire need of a good slapping! :lol:

It's a female thing LOL :-) I wasn't a Billy Piper fan at the beginning of the series one, but I think that was because all I knew of her was being a drunken bum with her (ex) hubby and screaming the place down with "because we want too"! . I absolutely loved her though, and cried buckets at the end of Doomsday (which was repeated again this morning and I'd just applied my make up grrrrrrrrrr!). It is more probably to do with the fact that there is a change ahead, though I must admit when David showed his "oh new teeth" I really looked forward to seeing him in action.

I have had several discussions with others in my circle who were dreading the Dr metamorphasizing in to David whoever, and they are all won round now. Now it's the sudden worry that the Dr will change again due to the fact his assistant has changed this season, I think that maybe we'll see a new side to the name with no first name and I'd love it to be a tougher one.

Having said that I am looking forward to "meeting" Martha after seeing all the trailers, and after reading an interview with the said Mr R Davis, I think they are expanding the depth of the Dr and I can't wait to watch!

Lisa x

Really enjoyed it, looking forward to more :) Well done the team... :)

i thought last nights show was dire it did nothing for me i am hoping that the following show get better

Goodness. Did you really think that?? I personally thought is was great, I loved the humour and the "Rhinos" scared the hell out of the kids which was great!!

I actually like Martha too - shook horror and she's pretty cool. Though maybe the type of woman you'd meet down the pub, challenge you to a beer drinking contest and drink the pint down in one gulp don't you think???

I thought it was good!

Martha has already grown on me as she is different to Rose, and the family is just classic it shows she is a strong person and a match to the doctor as they all ring her! She's intelligent and has little fear and i always like it when a woman ties her hair back to do battle, almost every programme i watch from buffy to elektra the hair down is not realistic due to getting in the way all us ladies know that! (i'll stop rambling lol)

The doctor as usual is magic and hard not to watch!

I Loved it!

I thought it was great! It was fun to watch and I just loved the Judoon, they're a wonderful creation :)

What is it with the show and blue lights though? There do seem to be an awful lot of them!

It was a really good intro for Martha too, I think I might end up liking her more than Rose and I like Rose.

I loved Dr Who on Saturday.

I wasn't a big fan of Martha when I saw the filming in Coventry although Freema herself was lovely but after seeing her on tv I really like the character now.

I thought it was well made and set us in a different direction to Rose.

Personally I can't wait! I saw the series preview trailer at lunchtime today and it got me even more excited.

I've been really really careful not to read anything about the series (and considering I'm a very curious person it was quite a challenge) so much so that I don't know any of the episode titles past the 1st (ok so I know the 11th too but that was an accident!). Some thing have managed to slip through the net but not so much that I know what to expect.

I just hope I make it home in time tomorrow to be able to see it!

:P

Sarah your just like me! I'e tried so hard not to read about whats going to happen this season because I actually like the suspence of not knowing what to expect each week. I knew about the sheakspear episode because I was tempted to go down while they were filming but couldn't get out of working. And Ive heard david himself talking about episode 11.

In the scheme of this now being the third series I didn't think it started too badly. I wasn't sure about Martha, but that was because I like Rose and even more so because she was one of my cosplay characters. I can't say I was fooled by Mather's line of "my cousin worked at Canary Wharf." We all know it was her so would have been better not to say anything at all but that comes across as one of russell's bad decisions (and didn't he make a few of them last season *coughlove&monsterscough*)

But I think Martha's gonna be a good assistant & I think we are gonna see a new side to the doctor by having her around though I like the fact he hasn't just brushed his time with Rose aside, that he still mentions her and the facial reactions when her name is mentioned just bring me to tears!

Ellie xxx

im really liking this series. so ok.. we have only seen two so far but i like marther, i think shes going to be great.

i have to admit i loved the harry potter references in the second episode. made me giggle muchly.

Expelliarmus! teehee. i knew it would save the world some day.

i am still kind of missing rose though. i guess its the whole nothing is as good as the original. (and i use original lightly... ive only ever seen the new seasons of Dr Who)

=x=

Shakespeare's Code made me giggle. I liked the Harry Potter references, and bada bingbadda boo had me in stitches :-)

I thought is was great to see Shakespeare flirting with Martha - forgive me if I'm wrong but it didn't exactly make the Dr jealous did it???? And if I was laying next to a man in bed and he mentioned another womans name I'd have punched him good and proper ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

I loved the special effects too - I think if I'd been in the audience the toilet would've been a better bet for me somehow.

Lisa x

I loved the Shakspeare episode. The quotes being batted around, the play on the sterotype of witches, Harry Potter, the sets ( the globe looked amazing and made me want to go back for another visit), the script, the developing friendship between Martha and the Doctor. It was a delightful piece of TV pack full of great stuff.

Any extra time or penalties tomorrow means the episode will over-run the "younger" watershed, and will be cancelled. This will also apply to DWC and the BBC3 repeat. At present it's scheduled for a 7.40pm start .....

I'm loving the new series. I need Tennant to be the Doctor FOREVER. He must never leave. I loved Christopher as the Doctor and I couldn't stand the thought of someone else when he chose not to come back. But David is a million times better :( He's so amazing.

I like Martha so far. She's different to Rose but not so different. Any young girl who got to have the adventures they have are gonna be giddy, romantic and in awe of everything. I do love that the Doctor talks of Rose the way he does, its sweet. And you can't blame Martha for loving him so quickly ;)

LOVE THIS SHOW!