any more guests soon?

veasse

• Showmasters Admin

Swear at another poster again and you will be banned from the board.

Fine, ban me, I could care less, and give me my money back. I will no longer be attending any events run by Showmasters, and I've spent a LOT of money at them over the last few years, including having a Gold Pass at one event. Oh and I know a few other people who'll be boycotting them too. Your loss!

Fine, you are banned from the board. That does not mean you are banned from another show or that you will get a refund; that is our choice and we will consider it, but we are under no obligation to provide one, and right now, no, I am not feeling "charitable". If you book a cinema ticket and then decide without seeing it that you don't think the film is going to be any good, you don't get to demand the cinema refund you.

As for your other comments, we did have backups and get more staff in - I explained that several people lent their time to help pick up as much of the workload as they could. And the paying customer hasn't lost out; the event is months away, so more imminent events took priority, but another show is still happening. No one has been denied what they paid for.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swear at another poster again and you will be banned from the board.

Fine, ban me, I could care less, and give me my money back. I will no longer be attending any events run by Showmasters, and I've spent a LOT of money at them over the last few years, including having a Gold Pass at one event. Oh and I know a few other people who'll be boycotting them too. Your loss!

Fine, you are banned from the board. That does not mean you are banned from another show or that you will get a refund; that is our choice and we will consider it, but we are under no obligation to provide one, and right now, no, I am not feeling "charitable". If you book a cinema ticket and then decide without seeing it that you don't think the film is going to be any good, you don't get to demand the cinema refund you.

As for your other comments, we did have backups and get more staff in - I explained that several people lent their time to help pick up as much of the workload as they could. And the paying customer hasn't lost out; the event is months away, so more imminent events took priority, but another show is still happening. No one has been denied what they paid for.

Please please please don't think that this person reflects the rest of us. I'm really sorry to hear about your loss and there are more important things in life than work etc.

I just bought 2 gold ticket 2 weeks ago and that shows my full support and enthusiasm for what you are doing.

People forget that this event is 6 months away

I for one am very excited about another show and thanks for making this possible.

Colin

I am so ashamed now, to share the term fan with this person. Their actions have been dispecable.

Stuart my deepest sympathies for your loss. Having to explain to a stranger why you have not been on here is disgraceful. I hope they are ashamed of themselves for making you make that announcement!

I'm just waiting until I get my new boss (next month) then I can ask for the time off for another show, but even if I have to travel through the night, I will be there, wild horses can not keep me away.

I'm a friend of jacksparrowsmistress and she's just rung me really upset to tell me what's been going on here. Obviously I'm on her side, but I'm really shocked at the way she's been treated on here. As she said, you're running a business and this event seems to me to have been really badly organised so far with almost no information for those wanting to come, and not just those who've already paid. another show Germany is a wonderful event and very well organised so maybe you should have left all the organisation up to those people rather than try to take it on yourselves.

As for the comment made above about cinema tickets, well that's just silly, cinema tickets don't cost over £100 and so if one was to decide not to go, one would only lose a maximum of £20 (I live in London where it's very expensive).

I've been to a few Collectormania events but have never visited this forum before today and I really am shocked by what I've read. Yes my friend may have been a little too outspoken, but a lot of what she's said makes sense. The person posting above says that what my friend said is dispicable, but I think they way she's been treated here is equally dispicable.

Edited by gopher

• Moderators

So you believe your 'friend' asking for money back is acceptable?

Under the Terms and Conditions related to the purchase, what part of it suggests that a refund should be given based on 'opinion' that there has been 'almost no information'?

Venue. Date. Guest. Hotel Code. AND a full explanation from Showmasters relating to the delay.

What exactly has your 'friend' lost? If this was the day before the con, maybe she'd have a point!

So you believe your 'friend' asking for money back is acceptable?

Under the Terms and Conditions related to the purchase, what part of it suggests that a refund should be given based on 'opinion' that there has been 'almost no information'?

Venue. Date. Guest. Hotel Code. AND a full explanation from Showmasters relating to the delay.

What exactly has your 'friend' lost? If this was the day before the con, maybe she'd have a point!

I'm not sure I understand why you've put friend in apostrophes but no, I dont think she has a right to her money back at the moment but I understand why she wants it. Hopefully she'll change her mind closer to the time, but she's very upset at the moment and I've come here to defend her somewhat. I dont think everything she wrote is right or acceptable, but she is surely entitled to an opinion and not to be talked to like a child by the organisers?

Wow! I tell you what you go to work and come back and you've missed everything!

I can't believe someone from SM has been forced by some petulant child having a tantrum, to detail serious aspects of their personal life! I can't speak for everyone else but I'm so sorry that this has happened!

It is DISGUSTING that jacksparrowsmistress has behaved in this way and I am glad she is banned. Plenty of people have tried in a reasonable manner to talk to her and it is no wonder she has to be condescended when she will not listen to anyone and continues to post the same pessimistic, bitter, spiteful responses.

Labelling what has happened to this person from SM as "personal problems" is sick. Trust me when I say, jacksparrowsmistress I'll be more than happy to give you some personal problems if I see you at another show! :chair:

I will ALWAYS support SM as they have been treated in an ingreatful, direspectful manner on this forum (not by everyone of course!). Is this really what fans do? How can we say we love the films when one of the main themes is comradship!

I have no doubt this event will carry on and (minus one or two people) it will be GREAT!! THANKS SM FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!! :smile::D:WAVE::D:D

• Showmasters Admin

Please please please don't think that this person reflects the rest of us. I'm really sorry to hear about your loss and there are more important things in life than work etc.

I just bought 2 gold ticket 2 weeks ago and that shows my full support and enthusiasm for what you are doing.

People forget that this event is 6 months away

I for one am very excited about another show and thanks for making this possible.

Colin

Thank you Colin. I am well aware that the opinions of one fan don't reflect all the others. I also have no problem with people asking questions or expressing concerns, and as time permits I / we can and will do what we can to answer those questions or calm those concerns.

Trust me when I say, jacksparrowsmistress I'll be more than happy to give you some personal problems if I see you at another show! :smile:

wow, now I'm really shocked but what I've read. Yes jacksparrowsmistress is my friend so of course I'm going to defend her when I think it warrants it, but you've just made an actual physical threat against her and yet you're not threatened with being banned, when my friend was for swearing? I hope she does get her money back because I'm actually scared for her now. You people are as bad as she was for what she said, by reacting this way.

Edited by gopher

• Showmasters Admin

I'm a friend of jacksparrowsmistress and she's just rung me really upset to tell me what's been going on here. Obviously I'm on her side, but I'm really shocked at the way she's been treated on here. As she said, you're running a business and this event seems to me to have been really badly organised so far with almost no information for those wanting to come, and not just those who've already paid. another show Germany is a wonderful event and very well organised so maybe you should have left all the organisation up to those people rather than try to take it on yourselves.

I can't see how jacksparrowmistress has been mistreated. A poster asked for reassurance about the event and was given it. I responded to that. jacksparrowmistress came and said that wasn't good enough and as good as accused us of lying, insisting we were simply making excuses by saying we had been busy. Nothing I said was good enough, so I finally explained exactly why I had been busy; that still wasn't good enough, and she swore at another poster. She was warned that swearing at another poster would get her banned, she said to ban her then, so I did. She was banned because she abused another poster, and that simply won't be tolerated.

Has our communication been wanting the last few months? Yes.

Has there been a valid reason for it? Yes.

Is the event suddenly a disaster because it's not been the prime focus of our attentions the last few months? No.

Are we working now to rectify the communication issues? Yes.

Are we working on additional guests and other aspects of Ring Con, so that it will be a good event for the fans? Yes.

As for the comment made above about cinema tickets, well that's just silly, cinema tickets don't cost over £100 and so if one was to decide not to go, one would only lose a maximum of £20 (I live in London where it's very expensive).

The cinema ticket example is perfectly valid, but if you prefer an analogy with costs closer to the ones in question, let's say a stage play then. Same thing; if you booked tickets, then decided the play wasn't to your liking before you had even seen it, then the theatre would not refund the tickets.

The cinema ticket example is perfectly valid, but if you prefer an analogy with costs closer to the ones in question, let's say a stage play then. Same thing; if you booked tickets, then decided the play wasn't to your liking before you had even seen it, then the theatre would not refund the tickets.

ok, lets go with your analogy then, theatres do actually buy back tickets all the time and then resell them, or tickets can be given or sold to someone else. Am I mistaken in thinking that tickets for another show can't be passed on to someone else? I've not bought one myself so I haven't read the terms and conditions, but I know for other events tickets can't be redistributed amongst friends.

Edited by gopher

• Showmasters Admin

Wow! I tell you what you go to work and come back and you've missed everything!

I can't believe someone from SM has been forced by some petulant child having a tantrum, to detail serious aspects of their personal life! I can't speak for everyone else but I'm so sorry that this has happened!

It is DISGUSTING that jacksparrowsmistress has behaved in this way and I am glad she is banned. Plenty of people have tried in a reasonable manner to talk to her and it is no wonder she has to be condescended when she will not listen to anyone and continues to post the same pessimistic, bitter, spiteful responses.

Labelling what has happened to this person from SM as "personal problems" is sick. Trust me when I say, jacksparrowsmistress I'll be more than happy to give you some personal problems if I see you at another show! :chair:

I will ALWAYS support SM as they have been treated in an ingreatful, direspectful manner on this forum (not by everyone of course!). Is this really what fans do? How can we say we love the films when one of the main themes is comradship!

I have no doubt this event will carry on and (minus one or two people) it will be GREAT!! THANKS SM FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!! :smile::D:WAVE::D:D

Thank you for the support, though in the interests of even handedness, I do have to warn you not to make threats, even ones in jest, especially given how heated this whole debate has come.

• Showmasters Admin

Trust me when I say, jacksparrowsmistress I'll be more than happy to give you some personal problems if I see you at another show! :smile:

wow, now I'm really shocked but what I've read. Yes jacksparrowsmistress is my friend so of course I'm going to defend her when I think it warrants it, but you've just made an actual physical threat against her and yet you're not threatened with being banned, when my friend was for swearing? I hope she does get her money back because I'm actually scared for her now. You people are as bad as she was for what she said, by reacting this way.

I have warned the other poster too, and if I genuinely believed any poster was intending physical violence against any other poster, then I would have no hesitation in banning them from both the boards and the shows.

I have warned the other poster too, and if I genuinely believed any poster was intending physical violence against any other poster, then I would have no hesitation in banning them from both the boards and the shows.

I have to ask this, do you know the person that posted that? Do you know that they wont in fact act on this threat, made in jest or not? If you have any doubt, then being evenhanded, you should ban them from this board at least.

Do me a favour "Gopher" and get lost! You've swanned into this forum involving yourself in something that you have had no previous involvement in and if you want to defend someone who sets out to ruin people's fun with their bitter pessimism then your fighting a losing battle!

As for threatening physical violence I have no idea what you are talking about and there is a BIG difference between someone SWEARING at a person who's JUST LOST THEIR LOVED ONE and an IMPLICIT sentence.

If you notice my previous post I was NOT addressing you and therefore it is clear I have no wish to associate myself with you.

I had planned on going to another show, even though I've not yet bought tickets as money is tight right now, but even without the communication blips etc, I'm seriously rethinking it now as the people on this forum, who I assume to be representative of the fans, are seriously scaring me.

• Moderators

If you have any doubt, then being evenhanded, you should ban them from this board at least.

If you read back, your friend wasn't automatically banned without firstly being warned not to do something again, and then secondly actually saying 'ban me' .. and so SMs did.

GondorGirl has been asked not to do something, which is the same first step taken with your friend.

Do me a favour "Gopher" and get lost! You've swanned into this forum involving yourself in something that you have had no previous involvement in and if you want to defend someone who sets out to ruin people's fun with their bitter pessimism then your fighting a losing battle!

As for threatening physical violence I have no idea what you are talking about and there is a BIG difference between someone SWEARING at a person who's JUST LOST THEIR LOVED ONE and an IMPLICIT sentence.

If you notice my previous post I was NOT addressing you and therefore it is clear I have no wish to associate myself with you.

my friend involved me in this debate and from what I read, she didnt swear at the person who'd lost their loved one but someone else completely unconnected to the organisers. You may not have been addressing me but I'm here on behalf of my friend and so am taking your comments on my shoulders. You're incredibly immature and whether your threat was implicit or explicit, it was still there (along with graphics) as so you're as bad as she was.

oh and Showmasters, I think the above statement by GondorGirl definitely warrants banning if my friend's comments previously did.

Edited by gopher

• Showmasters Admin

ok, lets go with your analogy then, theatres do actually buy back tickets all the time and then resell them,

They may buy them back, but it is at their discretion.

If you have any doubt, then being evenhanded, you should ban them from this board at least.

If you read back, your friend wasn't automatically banned without firstly being warned not to do something again, and then secondly actually saying 'ban me' .. and so SMs did.

GondorGirl has been asked not to do something, which is the same first step taken with your friend.

Exactly.

It seems to me that if only Showmasters responded to every 'request' by a poster on here so quickly, things wouldn't have gotten quite so out of hand. The situation is certainly out of hand, my friend was out of line with some of the things she said, but the responses since have been equally disgusting and I'm dismayed at the whole thing.

Ok I'm calling an end to this on my behalf! Gopher, you quite clearly have no sense of humour and are simply here to attack as many people as possible!

I've apologized for my slightly heavyhanded jest to SM but trust me when I say I DO NOT and WILL NOT answer to the likes of you!

• Moderators

It seems to me that if only Showmasters responded to every 'request' by a poster on here so quickly, things wouldn't have gotten quite so out of hand.

And Showmasters have clearly explained, with explicit (and unnecessary) honesty, why things were not dealt with beforehand in such a speedy manner in relation to this event.

Does one expect them to have a time machine? Because I'm sure if they did, there's a lot of 'if only' moments they'd wish to change that would still take priority over this event.

It was actually me she swore at, and, whilst I don't care as it generally means someone is incapable of forming a reasonable response, she was warned then very maturely said 'ban me' You ask, you get.

And before you start asking for GondorGirl to be banned, you may want to check the 'Elijah Wood and Vigoo' thread, where your friend started on her and others, criticising them for their spelling and grammar and saying they had no right to tell people what to do or say as they were new to the board. In fact, here you go:

oh and since you're obviously new to this forum, how about not being so presumptuous as to tell the people who've been here for years how to conduct themselves on this forum please? You say it's not up to us to tell anyone what they can and can't say, well that's exactly what you've just done!

According to her own words, maybe you should be an 'oldie' before insisting that people are banned?