Announcement Reactions

OK, it took a few years, but you can't get to C11 from a standing start ! Obviously you have to strike a balance in the meantime where people don't want to come to earlier shows in massive numbers, but what's the point of just slagging the show off ?

I'm not slagging the event off at all, I said I wish it well for the future but really, the event couldn't be further from my personal tastes.

It really does have potential though and I hope we can see the kind of growth that collectormania has had that you used as an example.

Like Chris, for me it's a bit of a dilemma to be honest. I would really like this event to succeed, and there's a long list of potential guests that I'd love to see / meet. So I want to support it. The trouble is, at the moment the guests that are announced are 1 million miles away from my musical tastes ^_^

At the moment I would say that it is looking like a safe event, that will ensure that Mark will at least get his money back, with Toyah, 911, Bradley McIntosh, Scott Robinson and Tony Christie and the Cheeky Girls, who, I feel, will certainly appeal to the casual shoppers in the centre with their kids.

And to be honest, and since Mark is not a charity, I don't think there will ever be any big Rock stars as I don't think it will be their scene, were as you will more likely get "pop" stars to do it.

May be if he did something more along the lines of LFACC shows then he may possibly get some Rock stars, but, hopefully Mark will make a profit from this venture, and like Collectormania will grow in years to come.

Unfortunately, it is not to my taste at the moment, not even the cheeky Girls in their shorts, so at this time I will not be going, but I wish Mark the best of luck.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Chris really. I wish the event well and hope there are future ones that id be interested in attending, however the lineup really disappointed me.

I found it extremely ironic that music is a huge part of my life, and at this stage I find myself more interested in some of the guests from Sportsmania than this(ironic as I have absolutely no interest in Sport at all!!)

I love hard rock and metal, but consider myself to have a VERY varied taste in music, i like bits of pretty much every music style. But absolutely none of these guests interest me in the slightest.

And I do know a lot of rock fans who would love to get autographs of their heroes. In my humble opinion, its fans of rock, rather than fans of bubblegum pop, that tend to be a lot more passionate about the music and the musicians that they like.

I do think Davids right about it mainly being about nostalgia(which I hoped it wouldnt be) as a lot of the replies to guest announcements have been along the lines of 'i loved 'INSERT NAME HERE' when i was young' or 'oh that brings back memories' lol

But like I say, everyones tastes will be different and I wish the event luck!

Well when i heard about the even i was really exited. Sounded great.

So far im not attending though.. Bit dissapointed to be honest. No-one i even gave a second glance at. I even saw a double page spread advert for music mania in classic rock magazine just didnt grab me.

Hope it gets better in the future and good luck with this event

I think it's pretty clear that, at least time around, the event isn't for me - there's still time for new guests, but given the general theme it's unlikely that they're going to be the sort of people I'd want to meet. If I met any of these boy band characters I'd probably be forced to batter them :WINCE::wub:

Not to worry - best of luck with the event SM - I really hope it works out; apart from anything else, if it does, maybe there'll be some guests for me next year :P

I don't imagine I'll be attending either. Although I was a fan of some of the guests like Howard Jones and Paul Young in my time, I don't really feel any great need to meet them (and Paul Young lives nearby so I often see him walking down the high street lol).

I've been looking at the Sportsmania list and although I have no interest in sport at all, there are some very interesting guests on that list. It's a shame really that the Musicmania guests aren't of the same calibre. Maybe it's more to do with music stars, both past and present, just not being interested in doing this kind of event.

I'll keep checking back though just in case someone does appear on the list that will attract me.

Edited by jael001

• 2 weeks later...

A step in the right direction but I'm no Maiden fan so still not for me :)

He's going to stick out like a sore thumb though isn't he!

I'm a huge Maiden fan - but the two albums he did with them are far from their best work. No disrespect to Blaze, but when Bruce Dickinson rejoined the band I breathed sigh of relief. This said, Silicon Messiah was a great album - his solo work is much better.

And yes, he is lol. Just stick him between Five and Dane Bowers - It's a forgone conclusion a fight's going to break out!

• 3 weeks later...

absloutelty pleasureing rubbish

s*** guests all round the only good one is howard jones

**** guests :firedevil::YAHOO::D

Whilst this isn't the most eloquent post in the world, I agree with the sentiments. A better guest loadout is needed next time round. I sincerely hope that it happens next year, but with a few more credible (and ideally rock related) guests.