Season 3 OFFICIAL

DavidB

• Moderators
FOX has officially renewed Prison Break for a third season. The action series was expected to return, especially after producer Paul Scheuring spoke about his plans for another year at the recent Paley Fest night honoring the show. Scheuring was quoted in Variety saying, "We already knew where we were going. Most of the major players are returning, but it will be a reconceptualization again, just like it was in season two."

There will be at least four new characters added in season three, two men and two women, none of whom are American. This goes hand in hand with the storyline expanding internationally, which probably won't be much of a surprise to fans, given the events in the final episodes of season two, which are airing now. Casting for these new characters will probably begin in May. Scheuring noted that, "The scope of the show will play on a much more global scale."

As long as it's as good as this season, I'm more than happy :D

" 'Prison Break' gets third season

Wednesday, March 21 2007, 09:37 GMT

By James Welsh, International Editor

Warning: This article contains spoilers that some readers may prefer to avoid.

Fox has confirmed that a third season of Prison Break is in the works.

"It essentially will be a new chapter," explained creator and executive producer Paul Scheuring. "It's going to return to the fundamental conceit, to the roots of what the show was about."

Precise details about what season three will entail are being kept under wraps but Scheuring has indicated that both Wentworth Miller (Michael) and Dominic Purcell (Lincoln) will return for at least the initial episodes of the new run. Options on the actors involved come up for renewal in May and more details are expected then.

Production on season three will be based in Dallas, according to The Hollywood Reporter, with auxiliary locations in Florida and Louisiana.

Prison Break, which wins its timeslot in the adults 18-49 demographic, joins Bones and House among Fox shows receiving relatively early renewals. The show airs on Mondays at 10pm on Five in the UK. "

That's what my source had to say on the matter!

SPOILERS!!!!!!!

I'd say that it's going to involve one or more of the main characters trying to escape from prison again. Possinly Sarah, though for some reason, I think Bellick and Sucre will get caught and be forced to work together to escape.

SPOILERS OVER!

Hmmm. I'd rather they wrap up the events in season 2 and have season 3 concentrate on a seperate set of characters, with the initial characters from seasons 1 & 2 in background or minor parts. End one story, start another.

Or they could just do what I suggested a while ago and make season 3 "The T-Bag Show". You know you all want it folks! ;)

• 3 months later...

You can't have a show without the main characters. It just wouldn't work. Even a T-Bag spin off wouldn't work as you need the interaction. I think that the way they have expanded the show due to it's immense success worldwide is brilliant.

I actually can't wait for season 3.. i'm having withdrawal symptoms already. :dance:

"It essentially will be a new chapter," explained creator and executive producer Paul Scheuring. "It's going to return to the fundamental conceit, to the roots of what the show was about."

That sounds pretty good actually. The second series did kinda spin off from the whole point of the show, as good as it was. I guess it'll be a bit of a mixture between season one and season two then. Sounds good to me!

I actually can't wait for season 3.. i'm having withdrawal symptoms already. :dance:

That sounds pretty good actually. The second series did kinda spin off from the whole point of the show, as good as it was. I guess it'll be a bit of a mixture between season one and season two then. Sounds good to me!

The whole point of Season 2 was to have 12 episodes to detail their escape, but the immense popularity of the show extended it. As time has gone on the story has revealed that the whole imprisonment of Lincoln etc was a set up to get Scholfield to do things for them without knowing. This is evident in the final episode when the General speaks for only the second time to say that all they need Scholfield to do is escpae SONA.