The Carling Weekend

Kell

not exactly a variety is it

don't get me wrong, i like a lot of those bands, but in all honesty Reading has always been about a massive mix of tastes.

There has to be a day you aren't really into so ya spend it ifukin about in the campsite or wandering to strange tents to watch stand up n stuff.

There has to be one big headliner that's heavier than the others.

There has to be something for everyone

they have to have dizzee rascal

Edited by KB

The Smashing Pumpkins are back??!

When did this happen, will a new album be out by the time the festival comes?

It was announced ages ago. I posted threads here, there and everywhere when it happened lol. The 7th album will be out on 7/7/7 and is titled 'Zeitgeist'

I can't wait!! Plus, I'm totally creaming in my pants (sorry) about the idea of seeing them live again. When I saw them in Birmingham I thought it would be the last time ever...

:blink:

The last time I went to Reading the Chili's were playing then too. I quite like We Are Scientists - I was going on about them ages ago when nobody had ever heard of them so nice to see them on the line-up.

Don't think it will break my heart to miss this one with what they've got so far, but what usually happens is they announce a band I absolutely love well after all the tickets have sold out. Fortunately I've seen most bands I like except..... MARILYN MANSON!!!

Go on Reading Festy Organisers..... I dare you!

• 2 weeks later...

Got my weekend ticket off ebay for face value which was nice. Ive been going to leeds since they made it into the two festivals. There are quite a few bands I wanna see this year: We are scientists, arcade fire, Biffy clyro( they have been touring around for years and are finally getting a lot of airplay and making people notice - i expect there new album to be the best one yet), nin, pumpkins (even ifts not the classic line-up) CSS, and hopefully a few more bands will take my fancy as they make more announcements. I usually find its best to hang round the craling and radio 1 tents and see bands you miht never heard of and they usually end up making it over the next year orso. That happend with the strokes a couple of years back i had never heard of them and then the year after they were headlining.

Im going to V festival aswell to see The Killers, Snow Patrol, foo fighters and Lily Allen.

• 3 months later...

*digs*

Dragging this thread up as the festival is only a couple of weeks away now! Exciting business :YAHOO:

Here's a newer line up poster which I've not had a proper nosey at yet to decide who to see. I might just choose on the Thursday once I've bought my programme and lanyard timetable thingy :YAHOO:

lineup_may.jpg

I think it's definitely gonna be a wellies year after the floods we've had so far. Well for Reading anyways, Leeds might be alright if you're up on the hill. Death slide down though if it's wet.

So any more people going? Any bands in particular that you're really looking forward to seeing?

x