• 1 month later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wonder if he will turn up?

I've been wondering the same thing in the light of the Bill Nighy cancellation. I'll be gutted if Malcolm McDowell cancels as this event coincides with my 30th birthday and I want to celebrate by meeting him.

I am a polite person some times.

but there has not been another announcement for what 6 months. I was once a poster but I can't remember my name or pass word so I had to re-join

And still we have the same guest I live 1.5 clicks from the g-mex I work at the biggest shopping mall in europe. I have seen alot of stars.

Please tell me That there is going to be more than 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as no doubt they'll be wanting to promote a new version of Halloween, a version that some folks (****) seem to be unaware of, which will have just opened in the UK, and with the hit the other Heroes guys were at LFCC, My guess they'll be busting a few nuts to get him.

Some reckon Nighy was a wish, but as we don't know the day to day behaviour of actors and jobs coming up/over running etc, sometimes folks drop out, or think they can get more $$ from doing something apart from the con they were supposed to do. I know its happened at shows Stateside, where girls get jobs that could gross more than sitting behind a desk and being oggled at by folks fresh from In'n'Out Burger, and take that job instead.

• 3 weeks later...

OH F@$K ME, IT'S MALCOLM MCDOWELL !! I know it's not the most polite reaction but it's completely heartfelt, I assure you.

I never check this site anymore as I'm living on the other side of the world but - for some reason - I chose today to do it and I truly wish I hadn't. If I could meet anyone in the world it would be Malcolm Mc Dowell - purely for his work on "A Clockwork Orange" - and here he is. And here I am, a squillion miles away. I'm just about to move from New Zealand back home to Australia and I have a friend in the UK that was trying to convince me to come via England ( yes, I know, not geographically the most practical way ) and I had to turn her down for financial reasons. Then I discover that there is even more incentive to take her up on her offer and I'm still in the same monetary boat.

Oh well, time to drown my sorrows I guess.

Is there really no way you can come over?

I'd sell my soul if I thought it was worth anything.

Perhaps if the money fairy deigns to pay me a visit it'll happen. However, I won't give up hope until it's the 19th November 2007.

Have you looked into flights and stuff? Sometimes you can get really cheap ones.

At the moment even cheap wouldn't be cheap enough. It's taking everything I have to return all my worldly possessions to Oz and set myself up again.

It's still six weeks away though, so I won't rule out a miracle between now and then :D

Just bought a German 1-sheet of If... on Ebay... that's 3 sigs so far then.... ! Aussie Orange daybill, 1 reissue If.... quad, and a 1-sheet.

Do you think we could get him to reenact 'Singin in the Rain'...? I can think of a few who ought to be co-stars in that performance...