Season 8

Hellsbuttmonkey

• 3 weeks later...

I've just read the 1st one, loved it. Was straight at the shop this morning getting number two, got the variant as well :headscratch: going to read it in a mo.

Any idea when issue 3 is out in the UK, I know its the 4th May in the US?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Like someone else said, I haven't read a comic since I was about ten, so these have been an experience for me. Mind you, I find them really hard work lol. I've had to read them several times to make sure I haven't missed anything and I've found myself wishing Season 8 had just been written as a novel instead (or even better, was on TV lol)! Still, I have to say, it's miles better than no season 8 at all :YAHOO:

BTW - does anyone else have *that* image from Issue 3 burned into their mind's eye???? :YAHOO:

yeah love the comics could you imagine this as a movie (whoa army of the dead in the first 10/15mins) cant wait for next issues i just hope team angel turn up. after all in season5 of angel all of buffy's lot refused to help them even to save fred!!!!!

Yeah - that was mean of them, not helping Fred. Mind you, I have this theory that Team Angel survived the apocalypse because ALL the scoobies (especially Willow and her powers), Slayers and new slayers turned up in the nick of time with several mystical new weapons and fought back the armies from hell AND shut down the Senior Partners. I mean, Buffy defeated the First Evil, for heaven's sake - the Senior Partners must have been a piece of cake after that! Also, I just can't imagine Buffy ever leaving Spike and Angel to face a fate like that, especially when it would affect the whole world as well. I mean, it was billed as THE apocalypse and it's still her job to save the world and now she has help! :WINCE:

Little Spoiler in case some people haven't seen Angel Season 5

I also like to believe that Wesley was carried off to some other dimension where he is in suspended animation, right on the brink of death, until he can be cured, which of course he would be, should any other Buffy/Angel TV or movies ever happen ;)

Well, that's my view anyway...

Wouldn't you love to see it on TV though? Live Action? The final, final episode where all the scoobies sweep in to help and it all ends up with Team Angel being incorporated into whatever organisation Buffy's into now in Season 8?

Really, I know I've said this before, but I reckon if every Buffy fan on the planet sent Joss Whedon a tenner, he'd have enough to film that episode so we could see how it happened :WINCE:

Hehehe, how desperate am I to see it happen? ;)

i dont understand the lack of funds fox knows how successful the show is the fact that the dvdboxsets are re-released nearly every year just with new packaging and sells. you would think that a tv movie that would tie in season5 of angel and season 8 of buffy would be very profitable for them to fund the project.

plus with a movie you can re-release everything dvd,clothing, new figures etc and get a bigger fan base i.e do a firefly!!!!!

i think for angels final ep they should have made one extra ep or turn the last one into a hour+ show just so that the battle could be shown or finished -the way they did with buffy they knew they were going to get cancelled why end it like that?????:blush::wub: