Happy Birthday Buffy!

Hellsbuttmonkey

It is exactly 10 years ago today that Buffy The Vampire Slayer screened in USA for the first time. The episodes shown were ofcourse Welcome to the Hellmouth and The Harvest.

Buffy was the first show that I really became a big fan of. Before Buffy the thought of ever going to a convention never occured to me, the thought of collecting TV series merchandise never occured to me. Watching the show has also helped me make new friends and even my girlfriend.

It also gave me people to relate to at tougher times. It was also the first great show about people my own age. E.g. Buffy and the gang left High School the same year I left Sixth Form, Buffy had her 18th and 21st birthdays the same year I did.

It is still my all time favorite show and even after 10 years still one of the most talked about and that is very rare.

Happy 10th Anniversay Everyone!!!!!!!!!

Where to start....What an amazing show this is! I first started watching on BBC 2 when it first started as I couldnt download back then because the internet had not been about long! lol Then it moved to Sky one for season 2 and I used to tape each episode on to VHS to watch another time!

I remember going out on each release day to buy the new VHS boxset from Season 1 and onwards!

This is and always will be my favourite show on TV!

James

HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY!

cast%20s1.jpg

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1997 - 2003

33_108.jpg

She saved the world

A lot

Wow, cant believe its been 10 years!

I still remember the day it started on BBC2 because i wasnt going to watch it as Luke Perry wasnt it, as i loved the fim, lol, but im so glad i did! :D

I dont think there is a week that goes past that i dont watch at least one episode, it still makes me laugh out loud and it still makes me cry and yeah there was some characters and storylines i hated but there was some cracking ones i loved too, thats what makes a great show in my opinion!

Thats why im grateful for events like Collectormania, LFCC etc, it gives us fans a chance to tell our favourite actors what a great job they did on our favourite show and to hear tales of behind the scene action and laughs!

Ive also met some great people who feel the same as me, it makes going to an event more enjoyable and memorable, long may it continue!

Thank you Joss for bringing Buffy the Vampire Slayer to us! ;)

bafutureani13ss.gif

Edited by pinkangel

My housemate and I are currently doing a celebration Buffy Marathon, watching as many episodes as we can jam in. Watched The Pack, Passion and Band Candy so far. Next up is HUSH, the greatest episode ever.

lol same here! Me and daniel are having a buffy marathon too. Going to try and complete choas bleeds aswell! A whole day dedicated to buffy could it get any better??

Happy Buffyday everyone! :D

Edited by berta314

This is our Buffy cake.

PICT0024.jpg

PICT0023.jpg

The cake was bought but decorated by hand:

The long snake around the back was the mayor

The blue figure at the back is the Judge

The mini eggs are a nest (there were a few of them over the years)

The pigs are the mascot (remeber the episode "The Pack")

The mice are Amy and Buffy (Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered) - they didn't have chocolate rats.

The red and green jelly babies are Sweet and Adam

The pink figure is Clem (I know - no arms!)

The black jelly babies with white heads are ofcoure The Gentleman

Regular and sour skittles (the show's sponsor) were sprinkled on top

Finally the 10 birthday cande.

Very tasty it was too :whistling: