DS9 Slim DVD Sets

DavidB

• Moderators

As with Next Gen, DS9 is being re-released in slim sets at the end of April.

RRP: £34.99 a season, but £27.99 on Play.com, so expect around that price elsewhere too - and eventually in a few months, probably £15 or so.

Here's the first 5 season covers:

3325517m.jpg3325519m.jpg3325522m.jpg3325523m.jpg3325524m.jpg

Im quite lucky cause some of the local shops where you can bring stuff to get money for, or buy other peoples, have sold some of the old bigger style box sets, for £29. Most of them were still had the original packaging on them.

These new box sets look really good, but Im not sure there worth me buying as I have already got most of the original box sets.

:D

LLAP :YAHOO:

Edited by zebredy

• 2 weeks later...

The images for Seasons 6 and 7 have now been released. I'd post them here but I don't have the technical know-how. If you want to see them look at the Amazon website. Does anyone know if/when Voyager will be released like this? Also, the initial post mentions £15 for Trek box sets. The cheapest I've seen the TNG slimline sets selling for is about £18. Where should I be looking?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally! :poki:

I've been waiting for these editions for a while now. *sigh* more money to spend...:lol:

Edited by FoxyTallChick

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Have you seen how much the digi remastered ones are? Last time i looked it was over £100 for s1 and I haven't wanted to look since! I hate to pay much more that £20 for a box set, I really do... and the normal boxes I can't find for less that £40 or 50 :huh: I can't see why they like to release the original last :(

• Moderators

It's all a little insane really!

Initially, you got the big(ish) boxsets that were like £60 a season.

Then they come down to around £35 eventually.

Then the slim sets at probably £25 a season, which will go down to £13 or something in the end.

The content's the same! So realistically you could probably end up with like 5 seasons for the price of one original box :huh:

I got the new TNG complete box for around £50 on sale .. insane!

But yes, the remastered HDDVD stuff is ridiculously priced.

I know, they really are stupid prices- plus the fancy boxes are too hard to store!! I got my TNG's through those mags with 3 eps on a DVD ages ago... my DS9s I got through bday pressies, or 2nd hand on amazon, all fancy boxes, which are too big! My voyagers and Ents I found most of in a charity shop, minus the massive boxes, for £10 each... I already had s1 and 7 fancy box from bday pressies, and I think I got the s4 or 5 as slimline more recently.

Ta da lol :huh:

Arn't the remastered TOS discs double sided though (please correct me if wrong) they are a little expensive but if season 1 is double sided then I'd gladly pay £40 for the remastered on one side and the original none remastered version on the other side.

:chair:

LLAP :chair: