LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT buzz aldrin

• Moderators

Thanks Indio, that did make me laugh, well done :YAHOO:

Actually my question was a fair one, as you stated Nosfer doesn't know anything about you .. I don't either, so I was just wondering if you had gone to the moon. You could have for all I know.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Indio, that did make me laugh, well done :wub:

Actually my question was a fair one, as you stated Nosfer doesn't know anything about you .. I don't either, so I was just wondering if you had gone to the moon. You could have for all I know.

If he has how much will be selling his autograph at Autogrphica for ? :P;):YAHOO:

Im not even going to go into this.. This will be my only other comment in this thread..

But realistically, I think for the whole evnt to work with costs etc, you are getting a bargin with all of the other guests and Buzz is charging fairly

A

Thanks Indio, that did make me laugh, well done :D

No he didn't david he stated - 'nosfer2. you dont know nothin' which has a double negative implying nosfer2 knows something

Thanks Indio, that did make me laugh, well done :smile:

No he didn't david he stated - 'nosfer2. you dont know nothin' which has a double negative implying nosfer2 knows something

:lol: LOL I think it's worth pointing out that even if Indio had gone to the moon, he wouldn't have been one of the first people to go, so I think the price for Buzz is reasonable.

it dosent matter if somebody goes to mars. the fact is anyone who charges over 25 pounds to me is takeing the P.

Now, considering his autograph USUALLY goes for in the region of $180 or £90 why on gods earth do you think he SHOULD lower his fee just because YOU think anything over £25 is a rip-off? Then the show would be swamped with "weekend warriors" looking to make a quick killing and selling on eBay for at least a 100% mark-up. Zip it... its clear you hack most of this forum off.

it dosent matter if somebody goes to mars. the fact is anyone who charges over 25 pounds to me is takeing the P.

If you don't like it, don't attend. But stop insulting the guest and the many people who would like to meet a genuine icon of 20th Century history.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone explain why they would charge more if you have the other astro's autos? Genuinly interested in the reply as that does smack of a rip of to me? Unless i'm not seeing a logical answer.

I would say that it was because of the ebay set.

If they raise their prices then the resale price would probably put people off, imagine how much you could sell and Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins complete set of autos for.

Unfortunately, because of these people we have to suffer.

On another note, Apollo XI is the only spaceshot that I can name the complete crew, on XIII I always miss one off.

Edited by lallen

In my opinion the prices charged at Autographica simply reflect market value. Buzz's signature usually sells for around £100, so the price charged at Autographica has to reflect that.

The point is that when you attend the show you get to meet Buzz, get whatever photo you want signed with whatever inscription.

I must admit it took me awhile to understand why a signature costs more when it is added to a photograph with signature(s) already on it but again that's market value. A little mean to charge extra for adding something like 'Apollo 11' but again, market value.

EDIT: Sorry but it is against forum rules to post names of other events and to post links to sites selling items or services that are not affliated with Showmasters.

Edited by Too Tall

On another note, Apollo XI is the only spaceshot that I can name the complete crew, on XIII I always miss one off.

That's probably because the 3rd crewmember on Apollo 13, Jack Swigert, died quite a long time ago (I think he was the first to die out of the astronauts who had been to the moon, but I could be wrong). Another (rather sad) reason why ebay sellers can put their prices up.

That's probably because the 3rd crewmember on Apollo 13, Jack Swigert, died quite a long time ago (I think he was the first to die out of the astronauts who had been to the moon, but I could be wrong). Another (rather sad) reason why ebay sellers can put their prices up.

Thanks for that, I thought I heard he had died last Sunday, after the re-run on ITV2.

It's ironic that he should survive Apollo XIII, only to die from such a nasty illness.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its all relative, after all if third stormtrooper from the left's standard charge is £15 then £100 for someone who has experienced something beyond the comprehension of most of the people in this planets history is really not bad at all.

I do agree that extra money for personalisations is a bit much, after all a personalisation would lower the value of the photo if it is to be sold on but as so many have said, if you don't like it, don't pay it.

Great guest I look forward to meeting him

Three degrees and he doesn't put a capital letter at the beginning of his sentences. Also 'takeing' is spelled 'taking'.

Spend less time arguing on boards and go back to school indio!

• 3 weeks later...

I missed Buzz last time he was signing and I find the temptation getting a tad stronger the more I think of it. He's definitely one nummy guest!

i feel the same. I've never really taken a huge interest in the whole Space thing, but i agree that meeting someone who has had a significant effect in history of my lifetime would be cool. So maybee if i attend the event i may do the right thing :-)

Space has been one of my 'things.' I spent two solid weeks outside watching the comet, I was outside for a week and a half looking at Mars, and to meet the Buzz Aldrin face-to-face would be more than incredible.

P.S. Did anyone see the lunar eclipse?!