LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT buzz aldrin

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it is stated that Buzz Aldrin charges more for his autograph if other astronauts have signed some thing, ie the rest of the Apollo 11 crew - what about books that have other astronauts or cosmonauts autographs?

One other question, any chance of changing the Autographica 9 site for the 10 site? it's been some months since March.

regards and bests to all

von Dawson's Express

Actually, Buzz had a printed A4 price list, depending on what the item was, and who else had signed it. The basic price was for a composite image of him at various stages of his career, then the 'Man on the Moon', then the official headshot with his helmet under his arm, and so on.

Some items then had prices of 200 quid a sig, but that was if they were pre-signed particular items for the anorak community. I caught him late Friday, and heard one person had already, in 2 hours, dropped 2k towards Buzz.

I think his named sounded like India, or something. :(

I got my sig for my nephew for his christening, just meeting the guy was enough for me, but hopefully I'll be back again....

• 4 weeks later...

Who remembers 38 years ago today, watching grainy pictures and the words " The Eagle has landed" and "One giant step for man, one giant leap for mankind".

It was great timing as for an 11 year old since it came during the school hols. so could watch every programme, from lift off to splashdown, that was on TV.

How about inviting the presenters from the BBC, James Burke, Cliff Michelmore and Patrick Moore.

They could all do a talk with Buzz about their memories of the day and how they felt etc.

I'd like it if Patrick Moore could be at Autographica. The one time I went I didn't have anything for him to sign. Now I have a book he wrote.

BTW, I'm curious as to why Neil Armstrong never does these events. Can anyone enlighten me?

When it comes to Buzz Aldrin, people fall into 1 of 2 cateogories, either they think that he's a complete & utter rip off & he's just there to make the money, or they look beyond the price & see that he's a living legend, & not just in the space world either. Now I know there's a debate weather they went to the moon, but to be honest I don't think we will ever know what really happend, i'm just open minded, anyway i'm really looking forward to meeting this true legend :YAHOO:

I'm curious as to why Neil Armstrong never does these events

I had the honor to meet Neil in LA at a convention and I was his assistent for that day. He is a very charming, but very shy und modest man. If you see him you would never think of him being "the first man on the moon". He didn't give any autographs at that event and he usually had someone walking with him through the halls, telling fans - sorry, no autographs. But he was so nice, lovely and polite to the fans who met him and he gave a fantastic and funny speech at the banquet. I think he simply doesn't feel well giving autographs, cause he is so shy and does not enjoy public attention.

• 3 weeks later...

how the hell did you get buzz aldren

Obviously the same way as they did back in 2005 and in approaching the other astronauts and moonwalkers.

Incidentally, I see that Neil Armstrong recently attended a Star Trek event in the States to commemorate the sad passing of James Doohan. Does this mean that his self-imposed isolation is now coming to an end or am I being too much of an optimist? I am fortunate enough to have a superb example of his autograph but would really welcome the chance to meet this space icon and modern day hero.

Edited by Niallsdad

• 5 weeks later...

Just 1 thing to warn about - if you want anything signed that is already signed by another astronaut then you may have to pay more than 100.

If you want something signed that already has 1 or both of the other Apollo 11 astronauts then you might have to pay a lot more

Whatever he is well worth meeting :poki:

How much more was he charging, as I have a photo that my grandfather gave me signed by other other two Apollo 11 astonauts which he got just before the launch but for some reason was never able to get Buzz so this will be a great chance to complete it. But I am not happy to pay more just becasue he know he can get more money out of us :D:borg:

Incidentally, I see that Neil Armstrong recently attended a Star Trek event in the States to commemorate the sad passing of James Doohan. Does this mean that his self-imposed isolation is now coming to an end or am I being too much of an optimist?

I think you're an optimist :poki: He just did that because of Jimmy. In his speech during the banket he talked about Jimmy Doohan and how much he loved watching Scotty on screen. He seemed like a huge fan of the original series.

He didn't have much contact with the fans on that event either, no panel, no autographs. He is so humble and I admire him for that. When I see guys who really haven't achieved anything in life bragging about themselfs every day .. and then I see this hero, shy, humble, incredible nice... I know what I prefer :D