LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT buzz aldrin

• Showmasters Admin

LATEST GUEST buzz aldrin

Gemini XII,Apollo VIII,Apollo XI

buzz-aldrin.jpg

buzz_cgi.jpg

45325main_MM_Image_Feature_69_rs4.jpg

Buzz Aldrin was born in Montclair, New Jersey on January 20, 1930. His mother, Marion Moon, was the daughter of an Army Chaplain. His father, Edwin Eugene Aldrin, was an aviation pioneer, a student of rocket developer Robert Goddard, and an aide to the immortal General Billy Mitchell. Buzz was educated at West Point, graduating with honors in 1951, third in his class. After receiving his wings, he flew Sabre Jets in 66 combat missions in the Korean Conflict, shooting down two MIG-15's. Returning to his education, he earned a Doctorate in Astronautics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Manned Space Rendezvous. The techniques he devised were used on all NASA missions, including the first space docking with the Russian Cosmonauts.

In October 1963, Buzz was selected by NASA as one of the early astronauts. In November 1966, he established a new record for Extra-Vehicular Activity in space on the Gemini XII orbital flight mission. Buzz has logged 4500 hours of flying time, 290 of which were in space, including 8 hours of EVA. As Backup Command Module Pilot for Apollo VIII, man's first flight around the moon, he significantly improved operational techniques for astronautical navigation star display. Then, on July 20, 1969, Buzz and Neil Armstrong made their historic Apollo XI moon walk, thus becoming the first two humans to set foot on another world. This unprecedented heroic endeavor was witnessed by the largest worldwide television audience in history.

Upon returning from the moon, Buzz embarked on an international goodwill tour. He was presented the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest honor amongst over 50 other distinguished awards and medals from the United States and numerous other countries.

Since retiring from NASA, the Air Force, and his position as Commander of the Test Pilot School at Edwards Air Force Base, Dr. Aldrin has remained at the forefront of efforts to ensure a continued leading role for America in manned space exploration. To advance his lifelong commitment to venturing outward in space, he has created a master plan of evolving missions for sustained exploration utilizing his concept, "The Cycler", a spacecraft system which makes perpetual orbits between Earth and Mars. In 1993 Dr. Aldrin received a U.S. patent for a permanent space station he designed. More recently he founded his rocket design company, Starcraft Boosters, Inc., and the ShareSpace Foundation, a nonprofit devoted to opening the doors to space tourism for all people.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone remind me how much was his autograph last time ? I may try to save money and come to this event. Thanks

His auto was expensive but im sooooooo glad i forked out for it. Was the best show. The mix of movie guests and himself were fantastic. Heather L would be a welcome guest return too!!!!

Hopefully the balance will be right this time like that time.

His signature on its own was £90. Photos wer £3 each unless you had your own. Dedicated signature was an extra £10. If you wanted Apollo 11 written that was an extra £10.

I paid £100 - Signature and Dedicated. Believe me well worth the money.

I have to back everyone up on this meeting him was expensive but worth it. I think my autograph cost about £100 that Autographica was awsome and had to be one of the best events I have ever been to!!!

Fingers crossed they can pull of another awsome guest to go along with him

I have to back everyone up on this meeting him was expensive but worth it. I think my autograph cost about £100 that Autographica was awsome and had to be one of the best events I have ever been to!!!

agreed one of the if not the best event ever. Especially the drinks party etc....................awesome.

Just 1 thing to warn about - if you want anything signed that is already signed by another astronaut then you may have to pay more than 100.

If you want something signed that already has 1 or both of the other Apollo 11 astronauts then you might have to pay a lot more

Whatever he is well worth meeting B)

agreed one of the if not the best event ever. Especially the drinks party etc....................awesome.

I would sell my soul on Ebay to have the chance to meet Neil Armstrong LMFAO

nosfer2. you dont know nothin

Actually I have three university degrees. How about you?

Calm down dears it's only a discussion.

For my 10 cents worth, yes I think Buzz is expensive, but then again you don't have to meet him if you think he is, it's your choice.

Saying that everybody has there worth, and as you can see by the other postings on this discussion then to most people he is worth his asking price.

You can draw an easy comparison, would you be happy to pay £25 to £45 for a major character in your favourite TV series, that is still running, but again there would be people that aren't interested in that series and would think that character is overpriced.

I remember sitting up at night watching the moon landing live, and to me Buzz is a piece of history, I would like to met him. but will have to see how the money goes.

Will now prepare to duck.

nosfer2. you dont know nothin

Actually I have three university degrees. How about you?

Calm down dears it's only a discussion.

For my 10 cents worth, yes I think Buzz is expensive, but then again you don't have to meet him if you think he is, it's your choice.

Saying that everybody has there worth, and as you can see by the other postings on this discussion then to most people he is worth his asking price.

You can draw an easy comparison, would you be happy to pay £25 to £45 for a major character in your favourite TV series, that is still running, but again there would be people that aren't interested in that series and would think that character is overpriced.

I remember sitting up at night watching the moon landing live, and to me Buzz is a piece of history, I would like to met him. but will have to see how the money goes.

Will now prepare to duck.

A point well made. I too remember watching the moon landing and was more than happy to part with the required amount last time around. How often do you get a chance to meet somebody who played such a significant role in living history.

Its been said many times before but once again....if you have no interest or feel the price is too high then don't go. Really don't see the point of getting into a cat fight over it.

Sadly, I wasn't born until 2 years after the first moon landing (to my eternal regret!) but I still think the Apollo programme was one of mankind's greatest achievements.

I find Buzz Aldrin's price rather high but I think he is worth it. In the same way, my bank balance wasn't too happy about Jim Lovell's prices but I am going to treasure that autographed photo (and particularly the memory of meeting him) for the rest of my life. Each to his/her own.

I find Buzz Aldrin's price rather high but I think he is worth it. In the same way, my bank balance wasn't too happy about Jim Lovell's prices but I am going to treasure that autographed photo (and particularly the memory of meeting him) for the rest of my life. Each to his/her own.

Depends on whether you look at the price as just a signed photograph, or the memories that you will be left with.

A signed photo you may be able to buy cheaper on line somewhere, but you won't be able to bore your grandchildren, one day, telling them about the day you met a real hero from the Simpson's :thumbup: , sorry a real hero who was the second man on the moon.

That is what the real value of the price is worth.