Hotel Room Prices for RingCon

showmasters

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, wouldn't that just make life a lot easier for everyone all round?:D

Absolutely!

When I asked showmasters for a written confirmation of my booked and paid ticket...they said they won't send it out before some time prior to the event. I'm definitely used to another handling from German another show...

so Dirk ?

We're not being unreasonable, are we? :dance: Wanting a bit of info to reassure us that it's all still going ahead? :YAHOO:

*sends good luck vibes to Dirk* :D

I must admit I would be feeling a bit more reassured if Dirk was handling the hotel booking.

I appreciate that SM are busy with other events (which seem to be very differently organised fron the LOTR cons I have attended), but a teeny bit of information would really be appreciated.

What we have not yet been told is how the hotel booking will work.

- will there be a block booking at the hotel that we can buy into (as at another show), or should I book direct with the hotel now and try to apply the booking code later?

I am worried that by the time we get more info we will find that there is no room available at the Radisson.

SM, if you are reading, please tell us what we should do!

What we have not yet been told is how the hotel booking will work.

- will there be a block booking at the hotel that we can buy into (as at another show), or should I book direct with the hotel now and try to apply the booking code later?

I am worried that by the time we get more info we will find that there is no room available at the Radisson.

*high-fives you* :YAHOO:

You've just put into words exactly what's worrying me, too! :D

Voronwe, if it is ok for you to sleep in a twin bed room you can relax. I made a reservation by creditcard for a twinbed room from friday to monday. If we get better conditions by sm, i can cancel the room until 24hrs befor .

Voronwe, if it is ok for you to sleep in a twin bed room you can relax. I made a reservation by creditcard for a twinbed room from friday to monday. If we get better conditions by sm, i can cancel the room until 24hrs befor .

Hey, thanks, Waldmaid :poki: . I'll do that, it's a twin bed I want anyway.

• Showmasters Admin

I am very sorry, i am waiting for this code as well. I am trying to contact Showmasters bymyself and they said, that they are working on another show right now, and that they will work on another show UK later. Thats all i can say. We run things differently in Germany, but this is England and Showmasters is an english company so i totally trust Jason and his crew. I think that he will soon come up with some solutions (like a nice link to the actual another show UK page on his main page :-)

Well, as a start, here's the code needed for people to book their rooms with the show discount.

1123AUT

You can call the Radisson and use the code listed above to get your room booked at the discounted price.

I am very sorry, i am waiting for this code as well. I am trying to contact Showmasters bymyself and they said, that they are working on another show right now, and that they will work on another show UK later. Thats all i can say. We run things differently in Germany, but this is England and Showmasters is an english company so i totally trust Jason and his crew. I think that he will soon come up with some solutions (like a nice link to the actual another show UK page on his main page :-)

Well, as a start, here's the code needed for people to book their rooms with the show discount.

1123AUT

You can call the Radisson and use the code listed above to get your room booked at the discounted price.

*snuggles you* :wub:

:thumbup: Made my month, you lovely SM person you!!! :wub:

Some info re the Hotel and using the Booking Code.

Without the Code above if you want the standard Double Room it would normally cost £109.00 per night but if you need to cancel the booking at a later date you can do this without a charge (ie should the convention not go ahead - Not that that's going to happen of course).

If you book the same room with the code it will be £89.00 per night (You save £20/night) (I believe it is £69 for a single - but don't quote me on that). However, if you need to cancel the booking there will be a cancellation fee equal to one nights stay (eg £89) as it is part of a group booking.

If you have already booked a room without a code ring the Radisson and they can change the booking to accomodate the new code, price rate and cancellation fee. Number is 020 87596311.

Edited by Elwyn

I have been waiting on the code and didn't want to go ahead and book the room anyway..just in case.

My fault really, but I wish I had, as there are no rooms available for that weekend now, so I'm gutted :chair:

You're joking?? What do you mean there are NO rooms??! :chair:

Oh, that's just bloody typical!!!! :chair:

Edited by RosiePosieDanderfluff

I have been waiting on the code and didn't want to go ahead and book the room anyway..just in case.

My fault really, but I wish I had, as there are no rooms available for that weekend now, so I'm gutted :chair:

You're joking?? There are NO rooms??! :chair:

now why doesnt that surprise me?

Oh, that's just bloody typical!!!! :chair:

If this is the case, then SMs have a lot to answer for! :chair: I can't believe for a minute that the entire hotel is fully booked 6 months in advance!!!!!

They have rooms for the Friday and Sunday, but not the Saturday..which is pretty useless for me as I am going for the whole weekend.

They said they have rooms at a different hotel just down the road, but it was disappointing to hear that after holding out for the Radisson.

I should point out though, that I telephoned the hotel directly.

I think some hotels pre-let batch rooms to different agents for them to sell on, so it is quite feasible to maybe find vacancies on an outside website, (although I have already tried a few, including Expedia, Opodo, Trip advisor, amongst others)..I just don't have the time really to trawl through the many websites to see if i can find any vacancies.

I am resigned now to booking another hotel nearby.

They have rooms for the Friday and Sunday, but not the Saturday..which is pretty useless for me as I am going for the whole weekend.

It's pretty useless for anyone who was planning to stay for the whole weekend... :chair:

I'm furious beyond recognition now. :chair: In fact I'm incredibly upset by this.

I refuse to believe that this hotel is booked up 6 months in advance. It's ridiculous! We've been waiting on some information for months without a word and then finally when we try to book into the hotel, its fully booked! OK, perhaps we *should* have booked the hotel earlier in the year and then contacted them when the code arrived, but surely with a huge event like this the hotel should have blocked the majority of the rooms for the convention anyway? *shakes head*

And then get told that there are rooms available for Friday and Sunday, but not Saturday? Something about this doesn't add up and frankly it stinks. :chair: I guess booking another hotel is the only option now. Not practical or ideal.

As far as SM events go, I'm afraid unless it was something pretty spectacular another show will certainly be the last one I'll attend.

Rosie

Edited by RosiePosieDanderfluff

I'm furious beyond recognition now. :P In fact I'm incredibly upset by this.

I refuse to believe that this hotel is booked up 6 months in advance. It's ridiculous! We've been waiting on some information for months without a word and then finally when we try to book into the hotel, its fully booked! OK, perhaps we *should* have booked the hotel earlier in the year and then contacted them when the code arrived, but surely with a huge event like this the hotel should have blocked the majority of the rooms for the convention anyway? *shakes head*

And then get told that there are rooms available for Friday and Sunday, but not Saturday? Something about this doesn't add up and frankly it stinks. :WINCE: I guess booking another hotel is the only option now. Not practical or ideal.

As far as SM events go, I'm afraid unless it was something pretty spectacular another show will certainly be the last one I'll attend.

Rosie

I agree, one of the only events i was truly looking forward to this year!

I understand that Heathrow is the biggest Airport in England, but allowances should have been made for this convention. Thus far everything about this has been a farce and I'm in agreement, unless they pull out all the stops and get a pretty major guest, I'll be on the no go list too.

Come on guys, pull it together!

I agree, one of the only events i was truly looking forward to this year!

Have already cancelled one other event to concentrate on saving for another show and am feeling pretty stupid now. :WINCE:

Did we misunderstand the info SM gave us originally? Might it have been a bit clearer? Have there been some crossed wires somewhere along the way?:P Guess it'll still all be our fault for being impatient or something... :huh:

Edited by yeltz-lass