GHOSTRIDER - Nicholas Cage

nicky

This is director Mark Steven Johnson's 2nd attempt at a Marvel hero after the failed Daredevil (which I actually liked). Ghost Rider was origianlly scheduled for a summer 2006 release but was pushed back to Feb 2007. It Nicolas Cage co-stars with Eva Mendes (Hitch) and Sam Elliot (Hulk) and Donal Logue (Blade), Wes Bently (American Beauty) and Peter Fonda (Easy Rider).

Cage and MSJ are in need of a good hit after some bad films.

ghostrider02.jpgghostrider01.jpg

ghostrider.jpg

Edited by nicky

I don't really know that much about the Ghost Rider comics series, but I'm looking forward to this movie (despite the bad signs-delayed release, etc.). I thought Daredevil was O.K., although nothing special.

MSJ seems to have a fondness for comic books, he's involved (producing) a new TV series for HBO based on "Prescher", and was apparently in line to direct "Succubus" (according to Lane Garrison at G-Mex 2).

I've always liked Nic Cage, even though his recent movies haven't been that good. I like the publicity shots, very atmospheric, though the CGI used to create GR doesn't look that real for some reason.

I saw the trailer and although the effects and when he is ghost rider look promising - the rest of it looked crap. I dunno I just can't stand Nic Cage ever since Con Air- He drives me insane. Plus Daredevil should have been so much better than it was - with that cast and the storyline they were following from the comic. I liked Jennifer Garner tho!

Why is this thread moved to Comics????

Sure the character is a comic but this is the film I'm talking about here (hence the sug-heading, "Nicolas Cage") and not everyone knows Ghostrider is a comic anyway so won't know that they have to look here to find the thread...?

For example: if I started a thread about the new proposed Star Wars TV show or Canino Royale would they be subsequently moved to the Star Wars and James Bond sections??

Edited by nicky

I had no idea it was a comic! :thumbup:

I wanna see this film, Nicholas Cage rocks! :D it's been a long time coming due to it being pushed back since the summer! It's out already in Canada (and therefore probably the States) but we ended up seeing Smokin' Aces the other night instead. Ah well I'm sure this will be worth the 2/4quid I'll be paying, not sure if Smokin' Aces was worth ther $13CAN I ended up paying for it lol. Good film though!

surfy sah xx

ETA - looking forward to seeing it when back in the UK, just in time as land on the 3rd hehe :P

Edited by surfy_sah

I actually enjoyed it....lol

It was incredibly cheesy, over acted, and everything, but I had fun. It was better than Elektra, and I prefered it to Superman Returns (which I thought was dire).

Maybe its because the trailer run was awesome and put me in a good mood (TMNT, Wild Hogs, FF2, Spiderman 2, Transformers), or maybe its coz I got in free to see it, but I did enjoy it.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw it again recently with my housemate on Orange Wednesdays and paid a whopping £2odd :D and enjoyed more this time through seeing as we actually saw it from the beginning and it made alot more sense! :D yeah ok so not the best film or anything but, hey, Nicholas Cage rocks and I thought it was less cheesy than the likes of Superman Returns and Batman Begins and Elektra, which are other comic-film-spin-offs so :P

surfy sah xx

ps-for the love of gawwwwd please move this back to the "current films and tv series" section where it belongs!!!!