WHO DO YOU WANT TO HANG OUT WITH AT RINGCON UK?

showmasters

Who do you want to "hang out" with at RingCon UK?  

289 members have voted

1. 1. First choice...

• Elijah Wood ... Frodo Baggins
    • Viggo Mortensen ... Aragorn
    • Billy Boyd ... Peregrin 'Pippin' Took
    • Liv Tyler ... Arwen
    • Ian McKellen ... Gandalf the Grey
    • Hugo Weaving ... Elrond
    • Dominic Monaghan ... Merry
    • Ian Holm ... Bilbo Baggins
    • Christopher Lee ... Saruman
    • Sean Astin ... Sam Gamgee
    • Sean Bean ... Boromir
    • Cate Blanchett ... Galadriel 
    • Orlando Bloom ... Legolas Greenleaf
  2. 2. Second Choice...

• Craig Parker ... Haldir
    • Bernard Hill ... Theoden
    • Lawrence Makoare ... Lurtz
    • Andy Serkis ... Gollum
    • Brad Dourif ... Grima Wormtongue
    • Harry Sinclair ... Isildur
    • John Noble ... Denethor
    • Karl Urban ... Eomer
    • John Rhys-Davies ... Gimli
    • Thomas Robins ... Deagol
    • Miranda Otto ... Eowyn
    • Sala Baker ... Sauron
    • David Wenham ... Faramir
  3. 3. Third choice...

• Noel Appleby ... Everard Proudfoot
    • Mark Ferguson ... Gil-Galad
    • Sarah McLeod ... Rosie Cotton
    • Stephen Ure ... Gorbag
    • Noel Appleby ... Everard Proudfoot
    • Paul Norell ... King of the Dead
    • Brent McIntyre ... Witch-King
    • Marton Csokas ... Celeborn  
    • Jed Brophy ... Sharku/Snaga
    • Nathaniel Lees ... Uglúk

I'm hoping to see "backstage" guests as well :) I remember how popular the Weta workshops people were. I'm speaking of Gino, Richard, Tanya and Daniel.

It would be cool to see Alan Lee & John Howe of course!

But Sean Bean would be ace, I really liked his performance in LOTR...and as Sharpe of course !

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember we got 3 out of the 4 hobbits and Andy Serkis a month before the last LotR film came out and the world press could not believe we had them. They were as hot as the Beetles at that time.

Hi Jason

Would it be at all possible to bring back the only Hobbit that has not returned to a UK signing event since C4!!! Please please please - I am start to regret a once in a life time trip to Florida which coincided with C4 and I missed out on meeting them, since then I have met Elijah, Billy and Andy all at your events - all I wanna do is meet Dom - please please!!

I will start begging you know!!!

Lisa

I think it goes without saying that the more Category 1 guests you can get, the better. I would be willing to pay quite a bit of cash to meet Cate Blanchett, Holm, Weaving, Bean, Bloom and Mortensen...these people are GREAT actors, especially Cate Blanchett, nevermind their LOTR roles.

I repeat...'Quite a bit of cash' !!!!! :thumbup:

Ed

Cannot believe some of the names listed in the First choice section – totally unrealistic and therefore unfair to suggest they are a possibility. Surprised Peter Jackson’s has not been listed!!!

Alan Lee and John Howe should be part of any LOTR event

Hey Noddy, I just had a look through your old posts. Do you have anything good to say at all?

As to some of the guests being totally unrealistic HOW WOULD YOU KNOW?

I book the guests and I talk to the agents and I can tell you now none off the guests are unrealistic

We do not just put up the credit list from a film: it is possible to get all these guests at some times and of course not all at the same show.

Just remember we got 3 out of the 4 hobbits and Andy Serkis a month before the last LotR film came out and the world press could not believe we had them. They were as hot as the Beetles at that time.

So by now you should not underestimate who we can get. If we had your attitude we would just go for guests that are on the signing circuit and Collectormaina would not exist and the fans would not have met the 250 1st time signers we have brought to the shows over the years.

Its easy to trash but hard to act

Sorry Noddy, its just how I feel after reading all your negative posts

Jason

Very flattered that you had the time to respond to my post and have time to check through some of my previous posts. In answer to your question I have do have good things to say when I feel they are merited. I am sure of greater importance to you is that I attend your shows and spend good money and in a sea of often sycophantic praise my ramblings on this forum should be off little consequence. I absolutely stand by my post and feel that by listing certain actors as possibilities creates unrealistic expectations but I defer to your expertise and look forward to further 1st time signees.

Edited by Noddy

Hi Jason

Would it be at all possible to bring back the only Hobbit that has not returned to a UK signing event since C4!!! Please please please - I am start to regret a once in a life time trip to Florida which coincided with C4 and I missed out on meeting them, since then I have met Elijah, Billy and Andy all at your events - all I wanna do is meet Dom - please please!!

I will start begging you know!!!

Lisa

OOOOOoohh the four Hobbits:)

Please please please please - people vote for Dom!!! - I have to meet him!!!

I'm sorry but i just couln't resist voting for Viggo :thumbup:

BUT i REALLY want to meet Dom too as i only started to go to SM events after C4 and since then managed to meet the other 3 hobbits (elijah, sean and billy) so would be amazing to get Dom there!

(And of course would love to meet Ian Mkellen, Sean Bean and Orlando- would be a dream to collect all the Fellowships auto's! Or am i just being greedy now?)

I would love to meet all of them, but i always miss seeing Sean A, Andy and Lawrence (and Sala of course)

I dont mean to be a moaning minnie but didnt Lawrence say he couldnt do the UK anymore as he was missing loads of work. (and now he has his own business which would be sooooooooo awesome to have him at the con to give us all cool tats!)

I personally would especially like to meet Sir Ian and the lovely Mr Holm.

You guys also missed out Kiran Shah and Shane Rangi. Both wonderful people!

Andrea xx

P.S there are a few peeps i havent mentioned who i adore such as Thomas and Craig... just dont want to leave them out of my gushfest!

Ooooo! *Wants to meet Sir Ian McKellen too!* I hope all of them have a chance of being considered, not just the main people that are voted for :)

Sir Ian would indeed be a cool guest. However he also does quite a bit of theatre in the UK so is more "meetable" (for want of a better word) outside of events.

Sincerely hope now that Andy Serkis is announced, that the B list isn't shut.....!

It really cracks me up whenever one of these kind of polls comes out...why does everyone largely insist on requesting guests that have already been to a convention?

Yeah, it would be great see Elijah Wood there again, but when there's an option of Ian Holm, Hugo Weaving, Cate Blanchett, Orlando Bloom, Liv Tyler (etc. etc.), why wouldn't people pick them?

Hmmm, actually I'm going to answer my own question here. It could be for one of these reasons...

1) Perhaps most people voting on this poll are more 'LOTR fans' than 'film fans' in general, thus actors who have very big parts in the film (Viggo for example) are scoring better than actors who have smaller roles but have been in many more things in the past (Ian Holm for example). Maybe not many people are considering him because they simply aren't thinking of 'Alien', 'Brazil', 'The Aviator' etc.

2) Perhaps it's down to a "looks thing". Let's face it, there are a lot more Elijah Wood fans in the age category that would vote on this poll, when compared to say, Hugo Weaving, who probably appeals to an older audience. Hmmm, it's just a theory though!

3) Perhaps, and I do think this is the most possible, people simply aren't believing that some of these big names are possible for a convention and they are therefore voting for the biggest star that they think IS possible. We all know Elijah Wood attends conventions, so perhaps this is why a lot of people are choosing him rather than, say, Orlando Bloom! Many people might feel that their vote would be technically void if they voted for someone who they felt was an impossible guest!

*scratches head*

I don't know why I went into such detail there...I suppose I was just interested in why this kind of result keeps happening time and time again! :unsure:

The reason why I voted for Elijah Wood is:

1. I'm a huge fan of him, been a supporter of the actor for 11 years!

2. Because i never went to a convention before, it's the first time that i'm planning to do this (if I'm able to buy a ticket before they're sold out). So for me it would be great if Elijah will be there.

3. Also because I read that Viggo doesn't really do these things (i'm not saying that he will never come), and I read that Elijah does come to these happenings sometimes

4. I would be very happy to see any other LOTR castmember, big or small role.

Elijah is great and it would be WONDERFUL if he could come but I would prefer to see someone like Viggo attend the convention. Elijah has done two showmasters events. Don't hate me, I LOVE him, but I'd like to see someone who hasn't been more:)

I understand that piglet.

But I hope that you understand that there are some other LOTR fans that have never seen these actors, none of them. Like me, i've NEVER been to such a convention or anything where these people come to.

For me it would be amzing if the great "Frodo" would be at the another show UK.

I have met Elijah Wood recently, but that had nothing to do with LOTR.

I still would enjoy seeing him at this event, and i'm sure that lots of other LOTR fans feel the same way.

And I don't think that even if Elijah would come, that it means that Viggo won't come, right?

If they're both available and willing, it is possible that both of them (or other LOTR actors) show up, or am I wrong?

I voted. Yay me and all for people I haven't met before. Viggo, Karl and Marton, although ya know it was a hard choice, well except for Karl as I've been a fan for 10 yearsish. Ah yes Xena days fondly remembered, so if you got him I would be there, probably queuing about a month early, just to get a good spot and all.

• Moderators

sorry... but more people want see to elijah :D !!! vigo...no...^^

ELIJAHHHH!!!!!!!!AND YESS HE RETURN!!!....

*Elijah has done two showmasters events...¿?¿?

-what events... :thumbup:

Elijah was at Collectormania 4 & LFCC 2006, hes a great guest, having meet him & crewed with him. But would rather meet Viggo at ring con, as he'd be a great guest to have, not saying I would want Elijah back, hes great & would love to see him again :D

• Showmasters Admin

elijah wood win!!!he goo!!!is the best!! :wub::D

"Elijah Wood win. He goo. Is the best." :D:thumbup:

Maybe we should have a teenage translation programme on the forum!

sorry... but more people want see to elijah :wub: !!! vigo...no...^^

That would be because several people have joined up today under multiple names to bump up the poll results! Don't worry folks, we're keeping track of the real results. ;)

Andrea

• Moderators

sorry... but more people want see to elijah ;) !!! vigo...no...^^

That would be because several people have joined up today under multiple names to bump up the poll results! Don't worry folks, we're keeping track of the real results. ;)

Andrea

I knew it lol :wub:

sorry... but more people want see to elijah :wub: !!! vigo...no...^^

Andrea

Thought the votes had gone waaaaay up for him :LOL

Elijah would be a great guest, and he's definately a really great guy, but given the choice... I'd rather see Viggo, Orlando, Ian Holm, Sir Ian McKellan - these guys just don't do events, so to think we'd have a chance to meet one or more of them?

Wow.

C'mon guys, stop voting with your hormones!!

T/B.