It will be a three day event, what do you want to see

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

The event will be held at RADISSON EDWARDIAN HOTEL, HEATHROW, LONDON for 3 days

Each day will have a lot of fun things to do and guests to meet

We already have some good ideas, here are just a few:

1 Guest talks

2 Friday night Party which will be themed and dedicated to the dark lord Sauron

3 On Saturday night there will be the Rivendell banquet, which will consist of a 3 course meal held in an amazing part of this 5 star hotel 

4 After the banquet on Saturday night will be the Bag-end ball, going on until 2 or 3 in the morning with live music and a DJ

6 Costume Workshops with a catwalk show, open for all to enter

7 Make up Workshops with demonstrations on how it is made and applied

8 Writing Workshops

9 Stage play written by you and performed by the guests

10 Guest Photo sessions at fair prices. Each photo with a guest will be around £10 to £20, taken by a professional photographer and will have a LOTR background in every picture

11 Signing sessions with all guests staggered over the three days.

Again fair prices with a minimum of 2 free autos for all attendees  

Each auto will be from £10 to £20 each with a numbered queue system to avoid a lot of time waiting around to get your autographs.

12 Deals room and fan table were you will be able to pick up collectibles, photos, etc, and if you are a fan making LOTR items then this is a great place to show others what you can do.

13 fan art competition and gallery

14 we will offer a cheeper room rate at the 5 star hotel for people going to another show

These are just some of the things we are planning. Now it's your chance to put some ideas forward.

Tickets will be limited to just 900 attendees, as this amount of people will enable us to raise enough revenue to pay for the big names that fans want to meet, and it will also allow the event to still keep it's personal and intimate feel.

Showmasters

I'd love to see some sort of live commentary on selected scenes from the films...

For instance, let's imagine that Elijah and Sean were attending, it'd be really cool to have (either instead of, or as well as a talk), the two of them on stage, talking us through key scenes, the decisions they made as actors, and relating any stories particular to what we're seeing.

Of course, I've just pulled those two names out of a hat - so no-one get excited by them!

It's happening in November and the exact dates are under the event name in the Upcoming Events section.

Thank you , unfortunatly thay give ONLY 2 days 24 & 25 of Nov 2007 and SM say it's 3 days .. sooo i'm missing a day

As there aren't any bank holidays in November I would assume it would be from Friday to Sunday that weekend.

:) havn't figerd out what a " bank holiday " is .. or whats it for <lol > but as long as the Con is ther i'm ther 2 :D

There is one thing I would love to see at RC UK... and that is a sword-fighting workshop like the one that is run at Ring Con. I was desperate to have a go but was worried I would be instructed in German..... and I'm not very good at German. :YAHOO:

Oh... one other request... the Ringstars Thrill Ride Show.... I dont think England has seen anything like this before....I was blown away by it!! I'm not suggesting that you make the UK event to be a clone of Ring Con... but those were two fantastic parts of it which I think would give RC UK the"wow factor"!!!!

I think everyone is fascinated by stunts so maybe a stunt demo or talk about what it is like to be a stunt actor?

Oh boy.... I'm so excited about the prospect of another LOTR event...someone shut me up pleeeeeease!!!

Rosie xx

Edited by TricksyHobbit

I know some place some one probebly wrot this BUT :)

As some of us meet ( thanks to C-4 etc. ) some of the cast but probebly didnt get a Pic with all of them

maby you can do a photo Op' , with out having to go throw the autograph line ?

Alsow maby a nomber of photo sizes to chose from , cash amont acording to the size .

And how about a Middel-Earth food

Edited by Nili

This might be a stupid question, but I really don't know what to expect of the party on friday, saturday and sunday night with "the guests".

Does this mean that the actors will be at the party, in the same room?

And the one hour VIP with the guests, what does this mean exactly?

And when will the ticketsale start?

Sorry for the questions, this is kinda new to me.

But it all looks great! The workshops, the party's,... amazing!

I love the costume workshops. It is great that they are gong to be included. I big part of an event like this for me is to become an Elf for the weekend.

How about Elvish lessons. I missed them all last time.

I love the idea of Middle earth food.

And the Hotel/another show package sounds great. I'll be going for that!

Elwyn.

Edited by Elwyn

• Showmasters Admin

This might be a stupid question, but I really don't know what to expect of the party on friday, saturday and sunday night with "the guests".

Does this mean that the actors will be at the party, in the same room? 1

And the one hour VIP with the guests, what does this mean exactly? 2

And when will the ticketsale start? 3

1: The guests will be invited to the party and will be in the same room as the attendees. But obviously the guests have the right to leave the party or not come at all. Basically a specific guest may not come to the party but most (if not all) will be there and in the same room.

2: There will be an exclusive one hour VIP pre-party/reception with the guests. So rather than there being the guests and 900 attendees, there will only be 200ish attendees with the guests at this pre-party. So you have more chance to talk to them.

3: I'm not sure.

1: The guests will be invited to the party and will be in the same room as the attendees. But obviously the guests have the right to leave the party or not come at all. Basically a specific guest may not come to the party but most (if not all) will be there and in the same room.

2: There will be an exclusive one hour VIP pre-party/reception with the guests. So rather than there being the guests and 900 attendees, there will only be 200ish attendees with the guests at this pre-party. So you have more chance to talk to them.

3: I'm not sure.

Thank you very much Too Tall!

I think this will be a great event, will sure do my best to be there!

*starts saving*

Does this mean that the actors will be at the party, in the same room?

And the one hour VIP with the guests, what does this mean exactly?

And when will the ticketsale start?

Sorry for the questions, this is kinda new to me.

But it all looks great! The workshops, the party's,... amazing!

where buy this special vip tickets...¿?¿

Edited by lostiegirl85