Hairy Potter and the Philosopher's Bone

nicky

Radcliffe's new promo pics for his play, Equu, have kicked a fuss with parents who are now boycotting his films...They are upset cos their kids now have been exposed to Hairy Potter and the Philosopher's Bone...I made that up (unless someone else beat me to it)

And does anyone have any links to joke pics for this like the Harry Pothead Philosopher's Stoned??

Your thoughts?

013007_danielequuspromos.jpg

maybe tis would get more replies in the HP section.... :wub:
Yeah, I did look there but no one had picked up on it, I think it was only yesterday that I first read about it. A lot of fans are shocked at how hairy he is!! :YAHOO: I put in Gen Chat cos it's about Radcliffe rather than HP and it's in the news at the moment.

I can't believe that this is the same weedy kid from HP & The Philosopher's Stone! :D

And very nice he looks, too - I have no problem with Hairy Potter at all!!! :D

Mind you, I despair of the people I've read of who've been doing the :o:vader::eek: thing about the promotional pictures for Equus; it's not a cute and cuddly play and, while I guess it's a bit of a crafty and cynical stroke to get the punters in, the nudity in Equus is - as they say! - integral to the plot.

I just think they protesteth a little too much! :D

is it just me or does anyone else think he has an elijah wood look about him :headscratch:

ppl are always so quick to complain, its like he is not allowed to grow up and do anything other than harry potter, silly ppl, i hope it all goes well for him :D

A couple of random facts for anyone interested in the actual play (and not just a nude Danny Radcliffe :D ).....

The play was written by Peter Shaffer (whose other credits include "Amadeus") and an early production of the play on Broadway featured Anthony Hopkins. The new version apparently features Jenny Agutter as a magistrate.

Wonder how the publicity surrounding the play will effect the 5th Potter movie (opening July 13th in the UK)? Surely parents can't be "boycotting" his movies? I mean, you'd just avoid the play if you were that offended, right?

Wonder how the publicity surrounding the play will effect the 5th Potter movie (opening July 13th in the UK)? Surely parents can't be "boycotting" his movies? I mean, you'd just avoid the play if you were that offended, right?

On any given subject, there will always be a certain percentage of the great British public that will act like stupid cretins. Especially when whipped up by the scum of the tabloid press. (E.g the paediatrician in South Wales whose house was grafitti'd because at least some idiots in the wake of NOTW hysteria thought her job title meant she was a paedophile...)

I wouldn't have said he looks that hairy either - not unless you're comparing him to some waxed model, anyway.

Recon he has been doing a bit of panic exercise when it dawned on him that he'd be naked. Certainly ripped. Must have shaved in HPGOF cos he wes smooth in the prefects bathtub scene. Hope that a load of fans dont go along and start screaming during his play.

As for people are boycotting the films, always amuses me when idiots like this get offended. Im just wishing it was hermione naked in a play not harry. Won't hold my breath.

Who's the girl bottom left?!

Most likely a character named "Jill" who appears for some scenes in the play (including the majority of the concluding act). Since all the publicity, I've read the play and must say it's most impressive. Has a "Good Will Hunting" vibe about it (young troubled boy bonds with psychiatrist. Psychiatrist learns more about himself than the patient).

Makes me want to go and read "Amadeus" now.