what's everyone working on?

wyrdsister

Akk bloody shoulder straps, I cut em too long now I have to unpick all the trim and cut em to size again.

Oh well least I have enough fabric to make my grey lady dress if not I can ask my darling bf to get me some more in a similar colour and pattern and I can put it into the skirt gores which with the amount of pleating thats going into it it'll hide it. lol :D I hope. :wub:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working on Marcus Flint for LFCC, although hand-sewing the robe is proving very time-consuming! (See what happens when you've been at a summer camp too long? You start sewing huge things for no reason! :P)

Draco, dearest - when are you going to come and visit me? ;) My mum's still paying!

Thats it i'm cheating I found the perfect pattern in a haberdashery shop in my local market. It's simplicity 3782 for any one who wants a look, I'm a bit skeptical about putting pics on here it never lets me. lol. Although I have mamged to get a pattern for a bum roll to hold the skirts right, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get the ruddy thing right, so I now have a pattern that will work, and it turns out that I didn't have enough of the white fabric I was gonna use but I managed to dig some blue and silver out of my stash which will work for the sleeves and underskirt, although looking at the directions for the thing it's going to be a very heavy and warm dress. But it will be november so I might be grateful for that. lol :huh: I've decided to leave off the shoulder straps on the stays and use ribbon instead, it'll look better under the dress. Add to that I made the chest and back piece on my partlet too short. Me thinks this costume is gonna be a bit trial and error, but I have 2 months to work on it and 3 days off this week to start cutting, so I WILL be done in time for halloween. (I've been asked to do the face painting at the rink again.) Unlike the greylady though I'm gonna have a cap on go to www.festiveattyre.com and look through the featured pics from 2002. the cap in particular is on eva andersons page in her costume gallery under a flemish gown from the 1560s. The dress i'm making is very similar to the on on the featured page, just with bigger shoulder rolls and in white silver and blue. (anyone notice a theme here? my elven nanny dress was that colour) lol. :headscratch::P

Yet another change of plan, I'm doing white gold and burgandy, decided the blue and silver didn't go with the pattern on the main fabric which has red and gold in it (bit too gyffindor but hey it loos good) and i'm posting a semi assembled pic on myspace as we speak. so for those of you who want a look go to www.myspace.com/elfzena and go to my pics. I only have one pic so far but you get the idea of what i'm trying to do from it.

toodles uploading and beading are calling.

mwah mwah

gem.

:thumbup::P

Ok, I've one or two. So here goes...

Stargate team member (Jackson style, I'm on the right)

>Image Link<

ANH Stormtrooper

>Image Link<

Imperial Officer (Captain)

>Image Link<

ESB Han Solo

>Image Link<

Revolver Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid 2 "Sons of Liberty"

>Image Link<

Frank West - Dead Rising

>Image Link<

John McClaine - Die Hard 3

>Image Link<

HM Murdock - A-Team

>Image Link<

Not got any of Harvey Birdman yet unfortunately, but that's more than enough for you guys to look at in the meantime ;)

I have a Luna costume for tomorow complete with (not very good attempt at a) butterbeer cork neclace and wooly hat like Luna has in OOTP film lol. I really like it so although I was tempted to wear my gorgeous LOTR dress again I am meeting more HP guests and haven't worn this costume to a SM event yet.

Anyone else going in costume tomorow? I know most cosplay events and most costumers tend to go on Saturday but hope there will be a few Sunday as well so I don't feel silly as will just be my my lonesome not as part fo a group or with a friend in costume.

Ok what have i gotten into i now have 2 costumes to make for the con as my bf has decided he wants to go and go as jack sparrow. ARRRGGGGGHHHHHH :jason: WHEW tension gone on a brighter note i have got the bodice 3 quarters boned and all sewn together, just need to do the skirts and bumroll now, then i can start decorating the ruddy thing, got most of the left shoulder roll embroidered and beaded as well. Oh and if anyone has any advice on where to get a jack sparrow hat and where i can get a pair of boots or at least a pair of boot covers pleeeaaaassssseeee let me know and open the blast doors like the costumes, there are some there that i think no oone else has thought of before. nice one mate.

gem :YAHOO:

well hopefully if there is a halloween themed ball at c12 im going along the theme of 'freakshow' but i havn't finalised anything yet!!

Didn't you already do that, at like every party there's been?

is that a form of sarcasm or are you genuinly asking the question?

1st party: i dressed up as a cowgirl

2nd party: moulin rouge themed

3rd party: was based on the 'snow queen' series

^^^ so i can't really see how 'freakshow' comes within the above :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well its my first time cosplaying but im thinking of going as deidara from naruto (if anyone here watches/reads?)

ive ordered my stuff to make and wear the costume so it should be good :) My freind is also coming along wit hme but im not sure who he's cosplaying as i think its another naruto Charecter

Hey there this is like my first convention and i am dressing up as byakuya from bleach does anyone have any idea's on where i could get his sword from because thats the only thing missing

Maybe Ebay?

Sorry if this isn't much help :thumbup:

Hey there this is like my first convention and i am dressing up as byakuya from bleach does anyone have any idea's on where i could get his sword from because thats the only thing missing

Well all you need is a Katana since that's all Byakuya uses since you cannot gather up all the Cherry Blossoms and use Bankai lol

You can easily get any Toy Katana from Ebay or perhaps make it out of wood, or perhaps go to China Town since they sell all kinds of stuff bootleg made^_^

Wow time and costumes move fast, my two historicals are still not finished though the elizabethan now has a hem on it. lol my bf's cossie has much more done now, he has boot tops a hat and dreads sorted i've almost finished his shirt but the rest i'm gonna do on the machine as with my two historicals, don't have time to faff around with hand sewing anymore. (grrr.

oh and i need to put some gold beads on my french hood maybe even make a new one as my mum managed to bend mine and flatten it by stuffing it into my fabric box. again grrrr

:wub: