what's everyone working on?

wyrdsister

Working on several projects:

Harlock's friend Lamime (or Meema, Meeme, or Mima, wathever), her:

meeme2.jpg

Also working on his bird, in the right scale:

bird.jpg

We have a X-Men group planned as well, working on Rogue.

And a Lodoss one, working on Sheeris.

Plenty of stuff to do, believe me!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still trying to find decent pics of the tonks costume. grrr why are there none out there yet. lol

quick off topic request, if anybody has piccies of me at previous events (you know who i am and you know they arte out there.) could you please send me them. you can send them to elfzena@hotmail.com or elfzena@aol.com

either one is fine.

thankies lots ppl. gotta go hunger is killing me.

Having just seen the promo pics for tonks and dyed my hair bright pink, seriously thinking of doing the tonks costume, female snape can wait tonks looks way cooler. lol.

Ooo! I think you'll work well as Tonks. My brother has done Snape and loved it so he'll be wearing that again. Lucius has got new costumes for the new movie. I haven't decided if I'll do them yet. One of them is head to foot black leather!

Jan, great jewellery. You have done a fab job.

• 2 weeks later...

well the under layers of tonks cossie are easy a t shirt and a hoodie thanks em for the link to those pics, i have the boots already its the jacket and trousers that are gonna get me. lol just gotta go back and look at them again, and as for the hair well lets just say that magenta is kinda bright but very tonkish. lol

• 2 weeks later...

I started working on Sarah's dress from the ball scene in Labyrinth, but I'm sad to say the glitter and sparkly stuff got the better of me. After the scissors became violent, I changed my mind and hunted for something easier.

However, thirty lil minutes ago, I was browsing Ebay when I saw a second hand ball gown that'd be pretty much perfect. More expensive to be sure, but if it means no more glitter, I'd sell my soul... If I had one, that is!

So now I'm back to my original choice of Sarah, but I'm not sure if I could stand wandering around MK in something the size of a house :angry:

I started working on Sarah's dress from the ball scene in Labyrinth, but I'm sad to say the glitter and sparkly stuff got the better of me. After the scissors became violent, I changed my mind and hunted for something easier.

However, thirty lil minutes ago, I was browsing Ebay when I saw a second hand ball gown that'd be pretty much perfect. More expensive to be sure, but if it means no more glitter, I'd sell my soul... If I had one, that is!

So now I'm back to my original choice of Sarah, but I'm not sure if I could stand wandering around MK in something the size of a house :D

Scorcy! Is that you!!! I didn't know if you did these events. Tis I the Sephy fan you met at another event in Glasgow. I'm also known as Sephirayne on other boards. Did you get my last e-mail?

You should carry on with Sarah's dress. I might try and get the Goblin King ready for the event if I have the time. Luckerly with using my own hair I have taken out one expense for the costume already. I might be able to change my original plan and do the Goblin King from the same scene. If I can find the right patterm for it.

I'm starting on the new leather clad Lucius this week for the 'Order of the Pheonix' group. Its going to be one hell of a costume as it consists of four layers of leather and suedette and dose include embroidary. Hopefully I can pull it off. New Lucius Costume below

5crop.jpg

MalfoyOotPresize.jpg

4 Layers of leather and suedette, man that is gonna be one warm cossie hun, yay i started a new set of stays for the grey lady cos my othes don't fit and dig into my hips cos i forgot to incorporate the tabs at the waistline. duh. This is gonna be a learning experience for me now i've finally decided on Anne boleyn one day (my tudor gown is almost complete, and the ravenclaw ghost the grey lady for the other, thankfully the undergarments are the same, so i only have to change top layers. Oh off topic slightly but hopefully i escape the rink very soon and get more sociable hours working as a managers asistant for coral bookmakers. better pay better hours, just hoping i get it, the interview went well so fingers crossed i have a new career.

xxx

oh and i will get some pics of the sewing process this time. lol :P

What am I working on? Trying to finish my Ravenclaw uniform for the HP7 book launch this Sat, also lots of anime & video game costumes, most recently Medea from Dragon Quest 8.

P.S. About the Labyrinth costumes, I would love to see that! By the way, I heard today that apparently we have the Ludo costume from the movie (!!!) in a warehouse somewhere and if it can be repaired and transported we can have it for display near the cosplay stand at a future event!!!!!!! @_@

Getting started on my Bellatrix costume when I get paid, hopefully!!!

That should be really cool, can't wait to see it :P

So now I'm back to my original choice of Sarah, but I'm not sure if I could stand wandering around MK in something the size of a house :YAHOO:

Scorcy! Is that you!!! I didn't know if you did these events. Tis I the Sephy fan you met at another event in Glasgow. I'm also known as Sephirayne on other boards. Did you get my last e-mail?

You should carry on with Sarah's dress. I might try and get the Goblin King ready for the event if I have the time. Luckerly with using my own hair I have taken out one expense for the costume already. I might be able to change my original plan and do the Goblin King from the same scene. If I can find the right patterm for it.

I'm starting on the new leather clad Lucius this week for the 'Order of the Pheonix' group. Its going to be one hell of a costume as it consists of four layers of leather and suedette and dose include embroidary. Hopefully I can pull it off. New Lucius Costume below

5crop.jpg

MalfoyOotPresize.jpg

Em, that looks like hard work! If anyone can pull that one off, it's got to be you hun! If you haven't work with leather before ( although I'm sure you have!) and you need advice, I'm on hand if you wish!

Good Luck and can't wait to see it :P

Well I've made up my mind. The grey lady it is, although i now have verrrry Snape like hair (yay) owing the the fact that I got the job (woohoo i escape the rink at last) an dhave nearly compleated my effigy stays to go under my grey lady gown.

What am I working on? Trying to finish my Ravenclaw uniform for the HP7 book launch this Sat, also lots of anime & video game costumes, most recently Medea from Dragon Quest 8.

P.S. About the Labyrinth costumes, I would love to see that! By the way, I heard today that apparently we have the Ludo costume from the movie (!!!) in a warehouse somewhere and if it can be repaired and transported we can have it for display near the cosplay stand at a future event!!!!!!! @_@

That would be awesome to see.

I might be doing a change with my costumes. I've had an armour disarter so Sephiroth won't be ready in time. I'm gutted as this is my third delay of him. Hopefully it will mean that by the time hes ready he will be good. So I'm bringing Col Tavington (Jason Isaacs) from the 'Patriot' back in for a possible histroical group. I'm looking to possiblly wear a Goblin King outfit for the party (If I can get it made in time). I've worked out how to make the Lucius three layers instead of four. Although I can handle heavy and hot costumes I think four layers might be too much to wear all day.

Yes, Wyrdsister I've worked with leather before. In fact at one point I was a leather seamtress. Thanks for your offer.

Heres Tavington in case no one knows who he is.

tavfront.jpg

My version of the costume. It will have some of it remade as I've shrank since I last wore it. (clicky)

th_Chair_pose.jpg

In the famous 'Shaving scene'

compshavesm1.jpg

Fantastic earrings :) I did have a link for an made to measure, easy as anything robe - I'm looking now but in the meantime this has some links to bought patterns.

Aww thanks for the links & thanks for the compliment too, I'm so pleased with them. I'm not usually very good with crafty things lol

I definitely like the idea of an easy as anything robe, I look forward to that link if you manage to find it.

Ta for looking for me :D

I have finally found links to the 'how to make robes and cloaks without patterns' site - go HERE. Their robe is a slip over the head deal, but the cloak has an optional hood and is open down the front

Edited by sazzra

I was trying to see if I could pull off a Moulin Rouge costume, but I don't think its gonna happen somehow. I don't have the guts for one thing and I definitely can't make it :dance:

May try a Padme... but I have more fun as Anakin to be honest. All my other costumes are out the window. Although Cedric may have Quidditch robes by the time C12 comes round!

Jay, did you get my e-mail re the Moulin costume? I've had a bit of a prob with my computer and haven't heard from you since I sent you the quote.

Sam, good to hear that you have the internet back there. We can chat more regurally though myspace or other if you like. Costume planing is always fun.

Just got the suedeette for my Lucius in leather outfit. I can't believe I couldn't find it in Manchester and ended up getting it in Morecambe. Hopefully I can now get started.