what's everyone working on?

wyrdsister

I'm going up to C11, mainly to see Rene (guy who plays ODO) but Im thinking of wearing my SG-1 blue uniform and maybe if my friend lends me her doctors/lab coat then I might even go as Janet Fraser, (though Im not as thin as her) Only problem I have is if I get a photo done with Rene when I see him (to me) its gona look a bit weird me being in an SG uniform (I know he's been in it) because the main reason I want to see him is because of his role(s) in Star Trek...

I'm just wondering if there is any way round this problem without having to fully change out of my SG uniform.

:WINCE:

LLAP :thumbup:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going up to C11, mainly to see Rene (guy who plays ODO) but Im thinking of wearing my SG-1 blue uniform and maybe if my friend lends me her doctors/lab coat then I might even go as Janet Fraser, (though Im not as thin as her) Only problem I have is if I get a photo done with Rene when I see him (to me) its gona look a bit weird me being in an SG uniform (I know he's been in it) because the main reason I want to see him is because of his role(s) in Star Trek...

I'm just wondering if there is any way round this problem without having to fully change out of my SG uniform.

:hathor:

LLAP :borg:

Ok forgive me if I'm wrong but doesn't Dr Frazer wear a white shirt and tie under her uniform jacket? If that's right you could just take off the jacket and tie for the photo and then you'd just look like you were dressed smartly rather than in a uniform?

• 3 weeks later...

I have decided to do some simpler costumes that can be done at short notice, and thinking of Mal Reynolds from Serenity, and possibly.... no wait I'm not going to tell you...

you will just have to wait and see... I got to have some surprises up my sleeve otherwise it will spoil the fun of doing the costume :thumbup:

I have two costumes planned now!!

The Wicked Witch of The West and Dracula/Prince Vlad, from Bram Stokers Dracula. =]]

My brother might do Dracula from the movie. Hes doing it for Halloween he might wear it for C12. I might join him with Lucy depending on what others will be doing. I might be wearing my Goblin King.

I'm currantly working on Sephiroth from FF7-Advent Children

Jareth- Goblin King Labyrith

Lyta Alexanda - Babylon 5

fixing my Han Solo

finsihing my Legolas

Bill from Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey

hmm...*thinks for a while* so the Torchwood cosplay is still happening then? :( I'm glad, and if the list is still the same as before, as I haven't been on here for a while then I need to get my skates on for my Gwen costume hehe! Oops....

Turkfox and Rickman>>>>What day you doing it?

X

Well I'm still going to be going as Jack this time (but will be more than willing to do it again if anyones still interested in doing a group sometime!) :) Most likely on the Sunday as I can't make it down untill Saturday afternoon. I've just got my earpiece to paint and then I'll (finally!) be ready!

Jareth- Goblin King Labyrith

Hmm be warned. if you do. i may have to jump on you and steal you

You making the big curled collar coat too?

And going to -hehe- play with your balls all day?

Eeeeeeepppppp!

Yes I'm doing the big collar as well. Don't know when I'll have it ready though. Kinda concertrating on makeing my Sephiroth AC reaaalllllyyy good.

Finally found a decent cane today. Went to the fleamarket, and searched all over. Found a really nice one, but it turned out it was actually owned by the person in front of me purchasing something, and he needed it to walk...

So, in the end I bought two of those things you use to close the curtains with in dark brown wood, took the metal thingy off the end and replaced it with a rubber thingy (I'm being awfully clear, aren't I?), en coloured part of the handle silver with a sharpie. It looks a lot better than my last ditch idea (to buy a wooden rod at a DIY store and screw a doorknob on the end), and it only cost me 50 cents, which is about 35p!

• 2 weeks later...

Yay back online at last. lol. My stays are finished and work beautifully, and now i've got a bodice. Hhe with all the herr flicks around i might go as Helga .lol I have a 40's event this weekend and now have all the gear. lmao. Still trying to convince my fella to not go as gestapo to this event, just had to ring a fancy dress place in leeds to ty get him a gi uniform. lol :D (off topic slightly) how ios everyone I aint been on for over two months.

gem

You know i'm on myspace you found me. I haven't worked on any of my costumes for a few days. I got bored of sewing. lol. Deffo thinkng of trying out a madam edith cossie if anyone wants to try an allo allo group. oh n i convinced said b/f not to go as herr flick to the 40's weekend, add the that someone beat him to it. lol

I'm working on a Luna Lovegood costume for C12

I've just completed my radish earrings:

radishti8.jpg

Just got to attempt the robes, frankly I'm a tad nervous about doing them as I'm not exactly good at sewing etc so any advice, such as pattern recomendations etc, would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jan

-x-

Edited by Magenta_Jan

Fantastic earrings :) I did have a link for an made to measure, easy as anything robe - I'm looking now but in the meantime this has some links to bought patterns.

Aww thanks for the links & thanks for the compliment too, I'm so pleased with them. I'm not usually very good with crafty things lol

I definitely like the idea of an easy as anything robe, I look forward to that link if you manage to find it.

Ta for looking for me :wub:

Fantastic earrings :) I did have a link for an made to measure, easy as anything robe - I'm looking now but in the meantime this has some links to bought patterns.

Aww thanks for the links & thanks for the compliment too, I'm so pleased with them. I'm not usually very good with crafty things lol

I definitely like the idea of an easy as anything robe, I look forward to that link if you manage to find it.

Ta for looking for me :wub:

Still looking - I've posted asking for it on a couple of costuming forums on Yahoo,so I'll let you know :YAHOO:

Well I am currently considering three main costumes (rather then the mountain of a list I had before):

• Tinkerbell (the Jeremy Scrumpter movie version)-This is a definate!
  • Mina Harker (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)
  • Mary Kelly (From Hell)

Haven't done a costume before so I am crossing everything for them to go well haha!