What Type of Football Guest Would You Like?

mightymax

What Type of Football Guest Would You Like?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. As we all know there are various kinds of football guests that could attend some attracting more interest than others. So this is what the poll is all about, would you like to see present players or players thats in the "Legends" mould?

• Present Players
    • Legends of the 80's
    • Legends of the 70's
    • Legends of the 60's
    • Players from '66 finals (These always appear to be popular at another convention, but how about getting other players, Bobby Charlton or Ron Flowers from England? Or perhaps players from the German squad or some other international team)

As we all know there are various footballing guests that could attend which would have a varied rate of sucess. We could have such a wide range from Ian Rush, Bruce Grobbelaar, Peter Beardsley, Peter Schmeichel and as we know an event else where does the England '66 squad but they always have the same old guests, so what about other players? Perhaps Bobby Charlton or Ron Flowers? And there just isn't the England squad what about the German squad or any other international team? And it just doesn't have to be World Cup 66 there are a vast array of guests that have played in the World Cup tournament. Lets see what peoples views are.

Thing is the 66 team although they do a lot of shows are always popular, plus they are likely to attract a lot of passing trade so they make sense from a commercial point of view. I'm not sure but I think they organisers of the show that tend to have a lot of sports guests arrange their signings through a different firm now so I suspect the 66 team may not do as many events in the future.

I suppose from a general popularity point of view significant international players will attract more attention than club players. For me for example someone like Ronnie Moran would be unbelievable but for a non Liverpool fan he might not be such a big deal. I saw this at another event which had Ron Yeats, Ian Callaghan, Jimmy Case and Gerry Byrne, for me they are legends but they barely had a queue all day. Still don't let me dissuade the organisers from getting an ex redmen in!

Ive gone for present day as Ive always wanted to meet Ryan Giggs and Lee Sharpe

So with you on that. I'd love to meet Lee again. Met him at Soccer 6 last year at West Ham. *sigh* it's all about the eyes!

I voted for present players too. Anyone from the Man Utd squad would make me a very happy girl. Especially happy if it involves Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Alan Smith, Ryan Giggs, Ronaldo, Scholes and Carrick!

xxxx

How about some players from the Golden Age of football, Tom Finney has done shows in the last year for example. Someone like Bobby Robson or Nat Lofthouse would be good as well. I know some of these guys are getting on a bit but its got to be worth asking.

By the way when I mentioned Ronnie Moran it wasn't to say I wouldn't want him to be there! In fact how about an Anfield Bootroom thing, Ronnie, Roy Evans and King Kenny, how good would that be?

i'd suggest possibly international sports - e.g. gaelic, or irish football. its still football, and might appeal to a larger contingent of irish than regular soccer players, considering that (to my knowledge) gaelic isn't played on a sizeable scale outside ireland, but there's a hell of a lot of irish in england who may still follow it.

I voted for ex-players as if you want to meet current ones then hang around at training grounds (or just outside in most cases). I would like to meet Jurgen Klinsmann (as a spurs fan I'd like to thank him for what he did for our team).

I'd also like to meet Glenn Hoddle, Gary Lineker, Razor Ruddock and some of the ex-england stars such as Stuart Pearce.

I'd also like to meet Pele again, maybe him and Jarzinho together.

Ian Wright

Denis Bergkamp

Maradonna

Pele

How about thes for starters

How about arguably the best ever team on the planet the 1970 world cup winning team.

Plus Carlos Alberto and Jairzinho did a show late last year so theres no reason they might not be gettable either

All You Need Is Rush

You missed him last year in Birmingham?

Yeah he was only there on the Sunday and I couldn't go that day, I've had a couple of near misses with him at Anfield as well!

Never mind. I'm sure you'll meet him one day.

I wish one of these events would get John Barnes. Would love to meet him as he's in my signed photo that Rushie did for me. A dual signed would be great.

Edited by Wubble

I would love Vinnie Jones to attend something, I have that photo signed by Paul Gascoigne he signed it "F*ck my balls!" and then he did a little drawing of erm well what Vinnie sqeezed. I would like to have it dual signed and it would be interesting to see what Vinnie Jones would put on it in response.

Unless SM suddenly announce Edson Arantes Do Nascimento, I think from a footballing perspective, this kind of event is about to be done much better somewhere else.

he's done book signings in this country so why not?

the trouble with the other event is that they've started to put the guests behind roped off areas that you can only get into by paying for something which for some older fans like my Dad who isn't interested in autographs but meeting the ex-players and having a chat (the players are always okay with this) it puts him off so let's hope that this event caters for the "older" fan.

the trouble with the other event is that they've started to put the guests behind roped off areas that you can only get into by paying for something which for some older fans like my Dad who isn't interested in autographs but meeting the ex-players and having a chat (the players are always okay with this) it puts him off so let's hope that this event caters for the "older" fan.

Even if he's not interested in autographs he could get one from each player he wants to meet and then sell them on Ebay - there's bound to be someone who wants the autographs but can't make the event. That way he'll get to see them.

Ive gone for present day as Ive always wanted to meet Ryan Giggs and Lee Sharpe

So with you on that. I'd love to meet Lee again. Met him at Soccer 6 last year at West Ham. *sigh* it's all about the eyes!

I voted for present players too. Anyone from the Man Utd squad would make me a very happy girl. Especially happy if it involves Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Alan Smith, Ryan Giggs, Ronaldo, Scholes and Carrick!

xxxx

Yeah any of those would be good, in fact all of the Man Utd squad would keep me happy

I think that with Lee doing Dancing on Ice, he will hopefully be willing to do events. What was Lee Sharpe like when you met him?

• 1 month later...

peter beadsly is a good one and also sturt perce and hoddle waddle and all the rest of the 1990 england team and the 1996 team also in boxing mike tyson he is nealy skint so surly he would think about it i would like his and brunoes on the same picture ian bothem flintoff pederson seman owen bobby robsen and son rooney butcher maradona gazza liniker cant think off any one ellse at min but will let you no as soon as i do