Guest Suggestions

Sportsmania

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it would have to be Torval and Dean (though not cause of that skating on ice show)

Anyone from Formula 1 (though don't know many of there names yet) as my fiance is a big fan of that, and if he's working he always makes me record it, that or when he is at home, I'll wake up only to find he was in the livingroom since god nows what time in the morning, trying to catch it live...

I know there racing at the mo, but they don't race every single weekend and its not on all year, so if not this time then maybe next?

Kina reminds me of my favourite bit in Cars near the end where the Ferraris go to get new tires, don't know why it just does.. :thumbup:

:gorgeous:

LLAP :borg:

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum so be gentle with me :P

I'm looking forward to meeting the 1966 & 2003 World Cup winning teams.

What's the chances of getting Martin Johnson to appear?

I have to agree with most of the suggestions above, but I'm a little surprised no golfers have been mentioned.

Think Woods, Els & Mickelson may be a little busy :P

But the likes of Faldo, Woosnam, Lyle, Torrance & maybe even Ballesteros might be interested.

The 2007 Open is only a month after this show, so some of the really big worldwide names might be in the country.

Jack Nicklaus would be the icing on the cake.

Other sporting legends I'd love to meet would be Wayne Gretzky & Richard Dent. Though I don't think there would be I big demand for them (please, somebody, prove me wrong).

Finaly Michael Johnson & Carl Lewis.

I know most of my suggestions are from the US but thats because I've had the chance to meet most of my British sporting hero's, though if anyone from the Ashes winning team could turn up that would be fantastic.

When it comes to events such as this, a lot depends on the personality of the people appearing. Two of the best I've had the pleasure to meet are Joe Frazier & Shane Warne. Both could not have been any nicer if they had tried.

I'm really glad to see you arrange a sporting event, I know the ***** organises have restricted who can supply sporting legends in Birmingham.

What a great guest list already.

I'd like to know in advance who much each star will be charging for autographs on photos, shirts etc as this helps with budgets, also I strongly believe that if the charge rate is cheaper more signatures will sell, £5 + money for a photograph ideally, anything over £10 is too much in my opinion.

Being a Watford fan, I'd like to see John Barnes and Luther Blisset.

What a great guest list already.

I'd like to know in advance who much each star will be charging for autographs on photos, shirts etc as this helps with budgets, also I strongly believe that if the charge rate is cheaper more signatures will sell, £5 + money for a photograph ideally, anything over £10 is too much in my opinion.

I would like to agree on two accounts, firstly this is a great guest list, especially for the late forties, with the 66 team, our Enry, and Ginny to name but a few.

Secondly, if you were to charge £10 flat rate for an autograph, whether on a shirt, boxing gloves, balls etc, then I agree that the guests will probably be a lot busier.

If the price is done to reflect the "sell on ebay" crowd then you could make it that if you want any thing other than a photo signed then it has to be dedicated/personalised, as this would cut down on the resell value.

Also would like to meet Martin Johnson, and any other of the 2003 winners that have retired.

And don't forget Ben Kay as there is a pizza hut he could go to.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to see the footballer Steve Bull (he played for Wolverhampton Wanderers FC)

You can write to him and get his autograph free, he sends out a photo of his mug shot with the promise dreams logo on at the moment.

Yeah, I have his autograph from writing to him :D But I would just love to meet him!

• 2 weeks later...

For me the list is:

Ian St John

Tommy Lawrence

Tommy Smith

Willie Stevenson

Chris Lawler

Gordon Milne

Joey Jones

David Fairclough

Steve Heighway

Roy Evans

Ronnie Moran

Ian Rush

Robbie Fowler

Steve McMahon

Jan Molby

Peter Beardsley

Phil Neal

Basically anyone whose every played for the redmen!