March Collectormania G-Mex – IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

showmasters

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definition: Convention; "A convention, in the sense of a meeting, is a gathering of individuals who meet at a pre-arranged place and time in order to discuss or engage in some common interest."

Interesting definition - from where does it hail? It seems a little broad; using that definition, one could say that the sixty odd thousand Man Utd fans who gather at Old Trafford at 3pm on certain Saturday afternoons to engage in their common interest of cheering on their football team are also attending a convention...

:YAHOO: Yes, I suppose one could class footie matches as conventions taken to a huge scale.

• Showmasters Admin

Does this mean that now another show is back on for the end of the year, that the proposed another show UK will not go ahead this year?

There has been no mention of another show UK, so at present it is going ahead as scheduled.

• Showmasters Admin

Sorry to ask....with Gmex being postponed until later in the year will you still be able to have the star trek voyager cast still in attendance????

The guests announced for G-Mex in March were just that, guests for the March show. New guests (maybe including the Voyager cast) will be announced for the November show closer to the time.

• 1 month later...

Don't want to sound callous (bad spelling i know) but as with all large and busy venues screw ups happen it's a fact of life, look at it this way we now all have longer to perfect our costumes save our money and the wait makes seeing your friends that much better. Personally in a way I'm glad cos it means I can attend the whole thing (not allowed time off in march due to it being bradford ice rinks busy season), and all you moaning about sm being unreliable and not being able to get money back, sorry guys again fact of life, doesn't always go your way and you try finding another venue the size of gmex at such short notice up north, sooooooo not happening, and hey Leeds would be good *cough* busride away* lol

Anyway hows all the guys I know ain't been on for quite some time, am now running a dressmaking company specializing in historically correct (or as close as you can get) costumes and wedding dresses, as well as goth gear, think I finally found something I can do. squeeee Hugs for you all to try make up for my rant. mwah mwah :D

Am kinda dissapointed I gotta wait so long to see you all tho. lol

gemz