March Collectormania G-Mex – IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

showmasters

I'm totally gutted, but I'd only go on the sat cos of mothers day, so i agree with SM, a cancellation is the best thing. But i'd deffo like to know if Ethan n Robert will be at any other shows, as i was desperate to meet them again.

Anime_Angel, stop complaining!! Every one of your posts i've seen is moaning about sm. This is NOT an anime show, nor does it garantee even a tiny anime stall. If that is all you are bothered about, go to you know who's show- thats all they are bothered about too.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just a run of bad luck tbh, I feel bad for all - Showmasters, the guests and fans and to be honest it's happened, time to move on and just look forward to the next event. Hope Fan Force UK can be there and enjoy the November bash.

Good to see the general positive posting above, it's a shame this happened, but it's not the end of the world, and I am sure the November Manchester show will be just as good as the last one.

Please let Steven berkoff come to Milton Keynes!!!!!! I really really want to meet him!!!

I second, third and forth that. He is one of my fave playwrights and I've tried to meet him before to no avail so I was actually really excited about being in the same building with him and being pretty sure to meet him. :uhoh: So bring him back and make me happy!

It's a shame you had to cancel the show, but I completely understand, as the cons far outweighed the pros.

There's still plenty of cons left in the coming year (cannot wait for Glasgow!), the only downside is that I'll have to wait that little bit longer to see all of my convention friends again.

Thanks for trying, SM. I know you wouldn't have cancelled unless you had no other choice. Here's to Collectormania 11 people! :uhoh:

I think it's obvious by now that Showmasters will do their best to transfer guests from G-mex to their other events this year such as Collectormania 11/ 12 and LFCC (As it seems Andy Hallett has already been announced for LFCC 07 now and if i'm not mistaken was on the list for G-mex along with Robert Picardo, Ethan Phillips and Steven Berkoff? Do guests usually attend more than one Showmasters event in the same year?)

Give them a chance and have some patience and I'm sure we'll hear about at least another one or two being moved. Those of you not able to make the other events mentioned obviously won't care if they're moved or not, but I for one am thankful for any event Showmasters hosts in the first place! So THANK YOU Showmasters for all the hard work you put in to every event even if you don't get all the respect and thanks you all rightfully deserve from everyone of you future/ past attendees. :uhoh:

It's a shame you had to cancel the show, but I completely understand, as the cons far outweighed the pros.

There's still plenty of cons left in the coming year (cannot wait for Glasgow!), the only downside is that I'll have to wait that little bit longer to see all of my convention friends again.

Thanks for trying, SM. I know you wouldn't have cancelled unless you had no other choice. Here's to Collectormania 11 people! B)

Well SM should have cancelled and taken their business elsewhere, the hall was double booked so obviously they aren`t run by professionals.:thumbup:

And stop calling this event a convention because it is not. It is an autograph show, not a convention. BTW there is no need to badmouth other organisors, as we all attend them all anyways, cos there is no loyalty amongst autograph hunters. :P I just don`t enjoy this one so much as I do some of the others, but that does not mean I do not go to all of them at one point or another.

Thanks for trying, SM. I know you wouldn't have cancelled unless you had no other choice. Here's to Collectormania 11 people! :thumbup:

Well SM should have cancelled and taken their business elsewhere, the hall was double booked so obviously they aren`t run by professionals.:headscratch:

And stop calling this event a convention because it is not. It is an autograph show, not a convention. BTW there is no need to badmouth other organisors, as we all attend them all anyways, cos there is no loyalty amongst autograph hunters. B) I just don`t enjoy this one so much as I do some of the others, but that does not mean I do not go to all of them at one point or another.

Talking as one of Dort (Friends) he could mean convention as we might go to ones outside of sm. Also talking from an Autograph Hunters side of things I used to attend nearly all the events you could think of and now attend sm events and the odd conventions only. As didn't like the way others were going (there is only so much crap you can promote) and the guests have gone for A Class (Bernard Hill) to C Class (Guy from Emmerdale).

As for "taking their business elsewhere"... I am pretty sure it is not easy to find a venue as big as G-Mex for an event that is supposed to take place in 2 montshs, especially one that isn't booked already.

Might know one but its too late

I just wish you had cancelled it in the first place.

Having just amended my hotel reservations and

my annual leave at work and re-booked by flights

which again, were non transferable and non refundable,

I am now out of pocket by over £100, as is my friend

and convention companion - a lot of expense and

no benefit.

I know we have reasonably well paid jobs but we

don't have money to burn.

Much as I want a Ring Con, when exactly at the end

of the year would you have it? Its in Germany in

October and with G-Mex in 17-18 Nov and Fed Con

the week after ...you will be coming so close to

Christmas and I work weekends which means I

would have to save all my holiday leave for that

time of year and would have no money left for

presents ....or are you thinking of squeezing it

in between Germany and G-Mex?

Personnally, I would prefer a month between

each of your conventions as I do enjoy the

opportunity of attending them all.

Wouldn't it be best to leave it until January or

February 2008?

Totally understand why it was cancelled I mean with Mothers Day and everything would be a very bad weekend.

I think it was the best thing to do and of course I'm glad that another show UK is back on the cards.

Although I do have one thing why did they accounce a new date and then cancel surely would be better to have said they were sorting things out and then either confirm new date or cancel.

I haven't booked anything like hotel or travel in order to go as I live close by but a lot of people have had to rearrange things already and paid extra to change.

Well, crap. my flatmate just wasted his years holidays on this thing, i was hoping id be able to get him to go as it was so close to home to us so he booked off the week before and after to make costumes and such, now i doubt ill be able to get him to go to the MK one as he thinks SM is unreliable and likely to just cancel after we book the hotel.

Not to mention my disappointed neices who wanted to go and see the costumes.

That's a real shame after taking the plunge and coming to Manchester in the first place. I know that G-MEX was taken over by the council in 2005 and they have lost staff as a consequence. As well as changing the name of the venue there are plans to do building work inside and outside - remember the disruptuion to GMEX 1 because the toilets were being done?

It's always a fact of life that a big venue such as G-MEX will favour the trade shows over public shows. There is a smaller Exhibition hall 15 miles from G-MEX in the Reebok Stadium, home of Bolton Wanderers, which regularly stages Collector and Antique fairs. It is only available when there is no football game - looking at the fixture list it is free on March 10th weekend. It is next to the M61 motorway, has free parking, has a railway station nearby and several hotels within walking distance including a 4-star hotel at the venue for the guests! The hotel itself has a large conference facility to save building rooms for the guest talks. i am not biased but it is also 2 miles from where I live. :thumbup:

Where in Leeds? I noticed that the Glasgow show has also moved into a shopping centre, like Milton Keynes. The Reebok Stadium is part of the big development on the outskirts of Bolton known as Middlebrook which is a large shopping centre that makes the area always busy and ideal for enticing people who might not always go to a Collectormnia event. It would certainly get the publicity from the local press that seemed to be absent from the oh-so-cool Manchester Evening News.

any particular reason for leeds richard.. *coughs*doorstep*coughs*

To be honest you guys can moan all you want, its not going to get the sho wback on.

If you have a problem then I would follow the earlier action by dufrenes and contact the MICC centre themselves, let them know just how awkward they have been. For many people they have ruined the show, for first timers it has let them down, it will no doubt have put showmasters out of pocket after all the advertising and non- refundable desposits on eveerything (guess here)....

SM have tried their harest here and whilst this will have left alot of people out of pocket its not their fault...

Dont let this change your perceptions of SM, go to another show then come to C11 and youll see just how much better SM's shows are... and then look at the crew at the shows too, not just SM shows but elsewhere. You may start to recognise faces, whilst SM run their shows and the crew help, with other shows it is the SM crew that run the show and the organisers ask for help...

Seen it happen.

A

any particular reason for leeds richard.. *coughs*doorstep*coughs*

To be honest you guys can moan all you want, its not going to get the sho wback on.

If you have a problem then I would follow the earlier action by dufrenes and contact the MICC centre themselves, let them know just how awkward they have been. For many people they have ruined the show, for first timers it has let them down, it will no doubt have put showmasters out of pocket after all the advertising and non- refundable desposits on eveerything (guess here)....

SM have tried their harest here and whilst this will have left alot of people out of pocket its not their fault...

Dont let this change your perceptions of SM, go to another show then come to C11 and youll see just how much better SM's shows are... and then look at the crew at the shows too, not just SM shows but elsewhere. You may start to recognise faces, whilst SM run their shows and the crew help, with other shows it is the SM crew that run the show and the organisers ask for help...

Seen it happen.

A

Its the same as Manchester for Me I'm in between. Harrogate Exhibition Centre. And I'm certainly not moaning also Jason any chance you get a PS3 if gave you the money since your going to America shortly.

Hint

I don't see why a few newbies are being so angry to SM about this- this is clearly GMEX's fault, so any blams, take to them!!

I think this is the first time SM have ever cancelled anything, and they are the BEST event organisers i've ever seen (believe me, i got to a fair few of these!)

In the up coming year, SM have at least 8 (I can count in my head) events planned, which i'll chose which ones to go to nearer the time (Tho CM hotel is being book as soon as I have my money!!)... we don't have to go to every single one.

Please people, remember SM are the good guys. Without them we'd have nothing.