The Runaway Bride

emma_w

Oh my god!!

How fantastic was this episode?? What did every one else think? I got all excited when Gallifrey was mentioned, I think that is not the last we have heard it being mentioned?

As for the series 3 preview I got even more excited seeing bits of the Shakespeare episode that I reckonised when I was watching filming in Coventry. It looks completely amazing, what with the war camps and Ardal O'Handall (sp?( Dougal from Father Ted)) being unregonisable (well I only recognised his voice) as well as Mark Gatiss and the being the 76 year old. In total I think that next series may be the best yet.

I "eeked" when he proudly said Gallifrey was his home planet!

New trailer looks fantastic, my only grumbling was the Dalek. Don't get me wrong I love the Daleks (if you can say that) but need a different bad guy (the Master? - I can keep dreaming I know!)

Happy now, but just realised that I forgot Torchwood last night so fingers crossed that they are repeating it on Wednesday.

havent seen it yet, its another thing i have to download (family taking over the only working TV for a load of crap soaps that overlap enough that even taping Who wouldn't be possible ;) ) disappointed though not surprised that the daleks can't even wait till the end of the season to be shown again.... :dance: yes i know i've moaned about it before, i'll shut up now, the writers obviously don't care about over-using them as long as they're familliar... *grumbles*

on a related note, can anyone please tell me how many torchwood episodes there are so far, and maybe the names of all of them? i've got the first 3, but wasn't able to get the rest and kinda lost track of them... :firedevil:

even just a number is fine, though, thankies ;)

I actually enjoyed the episode as well.

It was the little touches such as the reference to Rose, and def the reference to Gallifrey ( Not sure if they've actually mentioned the name before now, they just used to refer it as Timelords, but maybe someone will correct me?)

Also thought it was a nice touch continuing referring to Torchwood. I feel this helps setup what I think has to happen later in Season 3 of Doctor Who, which is, How Does Captain Jack end up on Earth?

Catherine Tate was alright I thought, but there again I don't know her other work at all.

Still pleased about the reference to Gallifrey, I'm of the opinion that they will have to bring back Gallifrey at some point, depending on how the writers deal with the number of regenerations the Doctor can have!!

I'm plannign on watching it for a second time but overall I wasn't impressed. I loved last years and this just didn't compare. It just seemed to be riding on the fact it was catherine tate....I'd rather have more unknowns if this is anything to go by, along with Love & Monsters. The second series looks like its going to be fantastic but I stand by my love for Rose's character and her interaction with the doctor.

I was shouting at the tv when the Dr said he couldn't go back in a specific persons timeline....I believe the episode in season 1 when rose stopped her dad from dying proves otherwise

But I shall repost when Ive managed to watch it without my family talking all over it!

on a related note, can anyone please tell me how many torchwood episodes there are so far, and maybe the names of all of them? i've got the first 3, but wasn't able to get the rest and kinda lost track of them...:angry:

even just a number is fine, though, thankies :smile:

There are thirteen in the series, and the one broadcast on Christmas Eve was number 11. There is a double episode finale on New Year's night ;)

I was shouting at the tv when the Dr said he couldn't go back in a specific persons timeline....I believe the episode in season 1 when rose stopped her dad from dying proves otherwise

He was just saying this to her rather than complicate things - he admitted later in the episode that he had "lied".

on a related note, can anyone please tell me how many torchwood episodes there are so far, and maybe the names of all of them? i've got the first 3, but wasn't able to get the rest and kinda lost track of them...:angry:

even just a number is fine, though, thankies :smile:

There's 13 episodes but only 11 have been shown so far. For the titles of the episode check out imdb:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0485301/episodes#season-1

cheers both of you - just knowing the number helps with getting the d/ls... :angry:

He was just saying this to her rather than complicate things - he admitted later in the episode that he had "lied".

also, now i've seen the ep - didn't you notice when he said it it was like 'i can't go back in a specific person's timeline... well, apparently' ? he implies there's a sort of rule preventing it - and remember, when he took rose back he did make clear they weren't to do anything. the bride is specifically asking him to go back and change time - rose did it without letting him know in advance, or he wouldn't have let her do it. look what happened when rose did it - the creatures that appeared to repair the damages. in that case it was a simple case of rose's father had to die. this time - the bride would have to be prevented from reaching her own wedding. how could they repair that, when what they seemed to do was destroy everything in the time-wound? hope that makes sense to someone else, it does to me :smile: