Anyone going in costume?

Hellion44

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have another dress finished. A cute velvet number.

A lovely burgundy/garnet red. It has a cloak and a separate hood. Just the shoes to go.

LG you saw the fabric at the re enactors market! I hope you are OK. That sewing machine is going to see some serious work!

I have a few pairs of shoes to make. That is the hardest bit for me. I like to use proper leather soles. It hurts the fingers. But I may run the others up on the machine.

I am beading the neckline to my last one now. It may not be done in time though. I'll just have to work hard!

I am bursting with excitement. It is getting sooo close now. AAAHHH...sorry.

:YAHOO:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I've been thinking of starting up a Yahoo Group, if anyone's interested, called something like "Minas Tirith Seamstresses Guild" so we can keep in touch on all things velvet now that this forum has a limited lifespan.

Let me know what you think (I might even see if I can make it a TS smial)...

Heather

Hey Guys,

I've been thinking of starting up a Yahoo Group, if anyone's interested, called something like "Minas Tirith Seamstresses Guild" so we can keep in touch on all things velvet now that this forum has a limited lifespan.

Heather

Hi Lasergirl, you could do both set up the Yahoo board and advertise it within the TS (through Amon Hen) so people could join members and non-members but all of you into costuming

Hey Guys,

Heather

Sounds a good idea to me.

:dance:

Verity

:YAHOO:

Yes, Count me in.

Although someone will have to guide me in how to do this Yahoo thing???? :YAHOO:

(Planning another dress again...)

Jo

Please keep me in mind as I can easily be left behind due to lack of computer savvyness.

Edited by Elwyn

Excellent,

I've set up the Yahoo Group and to get the ball rolling have designed a logo, posted an explanation for the name and uploaded photos of my creations so far (including the dress I wore to Oxonmoot).

To join just send your email address to:

heather_coleman "at" btinternet "dot" com

and I will add you to the list, you should then get an invitation describing how to log in.

For those who are not familiar with Yahoo Groups, they are driven more by emails than a typical message board/forum. You send an email to a central group address, and it is then forwarded on to the other members. There is also web space for photos etc.

So please drop me a line, the more the merrier,

Heather