Advice for trying to meet James Marsters?

Princess83

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

At Collectormania 7, James was surrounded by dividing walls on Monday and it was impossible to see him without an autograph ticket !

He sure was. I built them :firedevil:

This is what it says in the online store:

...we will have the queue laid out so that it will be possible to take pictures of James while he is signing while you are queuing.

So, it's fine to take photos of James while he's signing, as long as it's done while we're queuing for his autographs? Just want to make sure. :thumbup:

As QS says last time there was a complete stop of all photos. I wasn't involved with his queue so can't 100% say why. But I know on the Sunday we had all kinds of problems with people taking photos of James from all over the place. It was like a premier or something, and so after a couple of hours of constaint flashes, James could take no more.

I set it up for the Monday so that you could only see him if you were queuing to get an autograph. This was because we had a lot of problems on the Sunday with people getting in the way of the queue and climbing on centre property (up trees etc) whilst trying to get photos or a look at him.

You should hopefully be able to take pictures of James from the queue as you are waiting.

Edited by Too Tall

I really want to meet James Marsters but I'm scared that I'll get turned away. I know last time he did a con here, a LOT of people didn't manage to meet him because of how busy he was.

Does anyone have any advice that might help me succeed in meeting him? I'll be devestated if I go and then don't manage it.

Hiya

Just a litlle message for above question. James is not with the same agent as last time so hopefully you will not get turned away, it happened to me and a family member as well (but that was due to his agent not mentioning any names there).

Just thought you would like to know that.

Orlilover James still has the same manager...Steve Himber was his manager at CM7 - I think your thinking of JCB, who he dropped earlier on before CM7.

We were speaking with Steve last time when he was running the stall that they had there.

Just a litlle message for above question. James is not with the same agent as last time so hopefully you will not get turned away, it happened to me and a family member as well (but that was due to his agent not mentioning any names there).

People were not being turned away due to James' manager. People were turned away because the maximum of virtual queueing tickets allocated to this day had been given out for James on Sunday.

Showmasters has always given out a certain number of virtual queue tickets per day, and once these run out you are out of luck. I think the number per day is 1000, and if you've seen the queue on Sunday for James you will know that this was nowhere near enough.

There's certain limits to how many fans a guest can see per day, even with the so often critizised being rushed through. So limiting the numbers makes sense. Just imagine how furious people would be if numbers were simply given out without restrictions and they'd be staying at the show all day and would not get to meet James. It was bad enough with people being told they would not get to see James because the tickets had ran out in the morning.

Virtual queueing tickets have run out before - for the Hobbits and Anthony Head for example.

People were not being turned away due to James' manager. People were turned away because the maximum of virtual queueing tickets allocated to this day had been given out for James on Sunday.

but people that had a virtual ticket were turned away as well. I know this for sure since this happened to two friends of mine. They had a very high number

but people that had a virtual ticket were turned away as well. I know this for sure since this happened to two friends of mine. They had a very high number

A virtual queue ticket doesn't guarantee you to meet a guest, especially if it is a ticket with a high number. Just because 1000 tickets were given out, that still doesn't mean all 1000 will meet James. A VQ ticket is not an autograph guarantee. The only ticket guaranteeing you'll see a guest is the Gold Pass. ;)

People with high numbered tickets are even told when they are being handed the tickets that they might not get to see the guest. I got tickets for both Alexis Denisof and James on Sunday and have heard the people handing out the tickets for James saying that to the fans.

James had to do his talk on Sunday, so that meant limited time additionally.

JCB was never James's manager, merely his agent for conventions/signing appearances. She was still in that role at C7 but it was very soon afterwards that he announced she would no longer be in that position. On the Sunday he stopped signing relatively early as he had his talk, when he left the board said he was signing up to VQ ticket 900 (I had a number in the mid 900s). As has been said many times already, on the Monday he ended up with an open queue.

Whilst I have read many people say on here that to guarantee to meet him you need to get there at silly o'clock can I just add that on the Monday of C7 I joined the queue an hour before the doors opened and I was only number 150 and had a signature within an hour of the start so there probably is no reason to panic about getting there at 1 in the morning or any such time. However, if you do get there an hour early and end up not meeting him then why on earth did you listen to me. :blink:

As QS says last time there was a complete stop of all photos. I wasn't involved with his queue so can't 100% say why. But I know on the Sunday we had all kinds of problems with people taking photos of James from all over the place. It was like a premier or something, and so after a couple of hours of constaint flashes, James could take no more.

I set it up for the Monday so that you could only see him if you were queuing to get an autograph. This was because we had a lot of problems on the Sunday with people getting in the way of the queue and climbing on centre property (up trees etc) whilst trying to get photos or a look at him.

You should hopefully be able to take pictures of James from the queue as you are waiting.

Thank you, I'll live in hope then! Sounds like it might be advisable to tell fans to turn their flashes off if they want to get photos while queuing. Give James' peepers a break. :blink:

Showmasters has always given out a certain number of virtual queue tickets per day, and once these run out you are out of luck. I think the number per day is 1000, and if you've seen the queue on Sunday for James you will know that this was nowhere near enough.

There's certain limits to how many fans a guest can see per day, even with the so often critizised being rushed through. So limiting the numbers makes sense. Just imagine how furious people would be if numbers were simply given out without restrictions and they'd be staying at the show all day and would not get to meet James. It was bad enough with people being told they would not get to see James because the tickets had ran out in the morning.

Virtual queueing tickets have run out before - for the Hobbits and Anthony Head for example.

People buying the maxium autos slows the queue down as well.

We missed out on tickets on the Sunday :dance: So as we'd seen James all week in concert, just had to see him one last time. So i was one of the 'idiots' who stayed out all night :dance: Was not amused to find out he had an open queue in the afternoon though, but then i had to leave early on the Monday so :poki: Still we had a laugh and the security guys even brought us coffee and hot chocolate :D

:YAHOO:

Thank you, I'll live in hope then! Sounds like it might be advisable to tell fans to turn their flashes off if they want to get photos while queuing. Give James' peepers a break. :YAHOO:

I totally agree, there were people outside with there faces PRESSED against the glass windows on the Sunday. And before anyone asks, it wasn't me :D i was in the queue to see Alexis with my friend :poki:

Many camera's don't need a flash to get a good picture these days, so give the guy a break :dance:

:YAHOO:

I've decided I'm going to attend the con for at least two days (maybe three, depending on whatever my money situation's like at the time), rather than one as was originally planned. Hopefully that way I'll get to meet James and Charisma (who's no doubt also going to be very busy) without having to worry too much about the risk of getting turned away.