Advice for trying to meet James Marsters?

Princess83

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He hasn't personalised anything for years in bulk, although he did do personalisation at the 2005 Toronto con but that was for the premium ticket holders (about 100)

He broke his hand several years ago and it cramps up when he has to write hundreds of autographs ,which is why he tries to cut down on the time by not personalising, that way no one is disappointed by not being able to get an autograph.

Edited by chrisuk

oh right, I never knew that..they should have maybe said that this was the reason, I thought it was his people being ass's about it and wanting to get more fans through for the money.....I'm definitly lookin forward to meeting him again, maybe for a little longer than the last time.

When I was meeting him they did state that. Maybe they dropped it over time.

This is his 2nd CM, right? So all those that met him last time won't feel a need to see him again will they?

Not necessarily! There are people who will meet the same guest time and time again - just ask any of the Michael Shanks, Corin Nemek and Elijah Wood fans!

I myself sometimes want to meet the same guest again - It can be for different reasons. As mentioned sometimes guests don't personalise due to time constraints so sometimes I try and see a guest again at another event to see if personalisations are possible there, if the guest isn't as busy. Othertimes it could be because I have more things to get signed.

A very popular guest's second appearance can be just as busy as the first.

This is his 2nd CM, right? So all those that met him last time won't feel a need to see him again will they?

James not be busy.............your kidding right ??????????????

All his concerts have sold out and there will be quite a few of those people going to collectormania................including me......... :D:wub:

Edited by hells childe 17

yay Kath you are right what was it a 2am q for last time he was in MK i believe (as we were the daft ones doing it) and we were not first in the q either.

All the concerts in London for this year prior to him being in MK have sold out in less than 5 mins and most of those people are travelling to Mk as well as everyone else. so the chances of him not being busy --- i would say nil especially on sunday when the talk is!

He is after all an absolute hunny.!

I would guess best day if you want less busy would be monday afternoon, by which time the rush is over and most people have their autos and are making their way home.

nicky x

yay Kath you are right what was it a 2am q for last time he was in MK i believe (as we were the daft ones doing it) and we were not first in the q either.

All the concerts in London for this year prior to him being in MK have sold out in less than 5 mins and most of those people are travelling to Mk as well as everyone else. so the chances of him not being busy --- i would say nil especially on sunday when the talk is!

He is after all an absolute hunny.!

I would guess best day if you want less busy would be monday afternoon, by which time the rush is over and most people have their autos and are making their way home.

nicky x

2am ?? Nah a few of us queued from 10pm the night before :D:D

I won't be doing that this year though i feel to old to be out all night :D

Roll on May................James...........Tony.............Michael Biehn............George H..............what more could you ask for :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

This will also be my first convention ever. I have already bought a photo ticket for James Marsters. We hope to arrive on friday before noon, would it be good to start queing then or just go early on saturday?

The photo ticket you've bought guarantees you the photo, you will not have to queue up early for that. Just turn up at the time of the shoot.

If you want to get an autograph as well you will need to queue.

Last time he was at the event, on his first day (the Sunday) we had over 1000 people in his queue by the opening time at 10am. We could only give out 1000 tickets to see him, so anyone getting there after about 9:30am didn't get one. But everyone that got there before 9:30ish did. Also on the Monday he had an open queue at 2pm which meant anyone could join the queue, even if you'd got there at 4pm.

So to be honest queuing from Friday really isn't nessesery. Also there will be no where for you to queue for James on Friday. If you get to the centre before 7-8am you will get his autograph.

Edited by Too Tall

• 2 weeks later...

Well I myself bought a ticket for the photoshoot you can do with him ^^

I am comming from Sweden so I'm gonna meet him damn it xD The reason why I'm comming :P

yeah, same here. He is the only reason I´m coming :P

The other guests are cool as well, but I wouldn´t fly all the way from Sweden to England to seem them. But everything for James :D

and hello there fellow countryman! :P

I am comming from Sweden so I'm gonna meet him damn it xD The reason why I'm comming :P

yeah, same here. He is the only reason I´m coming :P

The other guests are cool as well, but I wouldn´t fly all the way from Sweden to England to seem them. But everything for James :P

and hello there fellow countryman! :P

Yay :D Do you have msn? I would love to talk to more people who's going :D

yeah, same here. He is the only reason I´m coming :pyth:

The other guests are cool as well, but I wouldn´t fly all the way from Sweden to England to seem them. But everything for James :D

and hello there fellow countryman! :chair:

Yay :D Do you have msn? I would love to talk to more people who's going :D

I sure do!

ma780101@yahoo.com

:D

Hi all,

This will be my first collectormania, and I was wondering what is the best day to go just to wonder about and managing just to see the guests? I am not going for signings or photos this time round, but it would be great to be able to get a good look at the guests (mainly James of course!).

Any advice would be brill!

Thanks! :-D

Friday is generally the most quiet day, but quite often not all guests are there on Friday.

Guest appearance days have not been confirmed yet, but if I remember correctly James' website lists him as appearing Saturday through Monday.

Be warned though . you may able to catch a quick glimpse of the guests. But seeing you will be inevitably blocking access to the queues if you stand in that area longer, you will be asked to move.

Hi all,

This will be my first collectormania, and I was wondering what is the best day to go just to wonder about and managing just to see the guests? I am not going for signings or photos this time round, but it would be great to be able to get a good look at the guests (mainly James of course!).

Any advice would be brill!

Thanks! :-D

At Collectormania 7, James was surrounded by dividing walls on Monday and it was impossible to see him without an autograph ticket !

At Collectormania 7, James was surrounded by dividing walls on Monday and it was impossible to see him without an autograph ticket !

He sure was. I built them :firedevil:

:o

hahaha

You can see many of the guests though. I got a very close look at Anthony Head at CM 7. He sat at the end of a table so I got very close to him.

* imagening Too Tall starting to buld more walls* :WINCE::P

He sure was. I built them :firedevil:

This is what it says in the online store:

...we will have the queue laid out so that it will be possible to take pictures of James while he is signing while you are queuing.

So, it's fine to take photos of James while he's signing, as long as it's done while we're queuing for his autographs? Just want to make sure. :WINCE: