Advice for trying to meet James Marsters?

Princess83

I really want to meet James Marsters but I'm scared that I'll get turned away. I know last time he did a con here, a LOT of people didn't manage to meet him because of how busy he was.

Does anyone have any advice that might help me succeed in meeting him? I'll be devestated if I go and then don't manage it.

Thanks!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want to meet James Marsters but I'm scared that I'll get turned away. I know last time he did a con here, a LOT of people didn't manage to meet him because of how busy he was.

Does anyone have any advice that might help me succeed in meeting him? I'll be devestated if I go and then don't manage it.

Thanks!

I think the best thing to do is to get there as early as you can possible make it and just queue. The closer you are to the front of the queue, the better your chances of meeting him. I also think that maybe he wont be as busy this time around as previously as he's now done one so the urgency of meeting him for many fans wont be so great. Of course he'll be busy, but maybe not as manically busy as last time.

• Moderators

Both his talk and photo shoot are on the Sunday, so depending on what other days he's doing, perhaps you'd be better off attempting to see him on another day because in theory he'll be signing for longer :thumbup:

Obviously this depends on what day/s you're going yourself etc.

• Showmasters Admin

As DB says it'll be more down to which days YOU can do. Also which days James is doing, and at present that hasn't been announced.

At the last one he only did 2 days, the Sunday and Monday.

The Sunday was madness and if you got there after about 9am (even with an opening time of 10am) you wouldn't have got a ticket to see him. But as QS has said on the Monday he had an open queue in the afternoon.

If James does all four days, if you get to the show before 8am on Friday, Saturday or Monday I don't think you'll have trouble seeing him. But your best bet will be to go on the Monday.

Unless you have talk or photo tickets don't go on the Sunday it's likely to be the worst as it's usually a busy day anyway and as he'll be doing his talk and photo shoot that day, he'll...

A: Have less time to sign.

B: If people are coming for James for just one day it'll likely be the Sunday to go to the talk/photo shoot.

If you do have tickets for his talk or photo shoot and so have to go Sunday I suggest staying over. So you have another day to make sure you see him.

Thanks everyone, I feel a lot less worried now. :) I'll probably be able to make any of the days, so I'll try and go on the quieter ones, depending when James will be there.

Looking forward to what will be my forth time at a Showmasters event, though I'm completely prepared for James to cancel...but fingers crossed that won't happen.

According to James official site hes doing a gig on the friday and they have him down to be at collectormania the 5th to the 7th may! I know this can change at any time but normally James's site is pretty good for information? :thumbup:

Yeah. He cant be in MK on the 4th since he has got a concert in London then.

• Showmasters Admin

According to James official site hes doing a gig on the friday and they have him down to be at collectormania the 5th to the 7th may! I know this can change at any time but normally James's site is pretty good for information? :thumbup:

Yeah. He cant be in MK on the 4th since he has got a concert in London then.

That's not necessarily true. He could easily sign until 4-4:30pm and still be in London for a concert at 7:30-8pm.

I'm not saying that is happening, I'm just pointing out that even at rush hour he could get to London from MK in less than 3 hours (it's just over an hour away in good traffic). So there is nothing stopping him coming to the event during the day and then going to the concert in the evening.

Personally I wouldn't want to if I was him, but still, the concert on the Friday evening does not automatically mean he'll not be at C11 during the day.

Edited by Too Tall

If I were you I'd definitely buy a photo shoot ticket. Showmasters only sell a certain amount due to time wise etc, so if you get one (there's some left)... you'll definitely see him, and take home a nice memento of that occasion:)

If I were you I'd definitely buy a photo shoot ticket. Showmasters only sell a certain amount due to time wise etc, so if you get one (there's some left)... you'll definitely see him, and take home a nice memento of that occasion:)

they were sold out a few days ago

That's not necessarily true. He could easily sign until 4-4:30pm and still be in London for a concert at 7:30-8pm.

That's true (but rather unlikely since on the day of his concert, he'll be doing rehearsals and sound checks), but on James' official site it does say this:

Collectormania 11, Milton Keynes : 5-7 May 2007

• Showmasters Admin

That's true (but rather unlikely since on the day of his concert, he'll be doing rehearsals and sound checks), but on James' official site it does say this:

Collectormania 11, Milton Keynes : 5-7 May 2007

That's likely right then. We'll just have to wait for confirmation from SM.

As I said I was just pointing out that him having a concert Friday evening doesn't automatically mean he won't be at C11 on the Friday. It makes it less likely but doesn't mean it's impossible.

if possible go for more than one day. that way if you dont meet him on day one, then you're nearby to be able to get up early and Q if needs be. you might also be able to meet him twice if time allows. i think i've only ever been to CM just for one day once, i just get too paranoid about not being able to meet everyone i want to.

glad im not too fussed about mr marsters, i'd be having a big headache right now!

I'd also buy a photoshoot ticket - that way you def meet him and get a photo.(unless he cancels obv)

I very much doubt James will be there on Friday he will be in london, i am sure he is not gonna commute back and forward to MK and london especially as he is doing something thursday night in london as well.

James is really approachable, i have met him every time he's done a con and he's a real sweetie as well as absolutely gorgeous. You wont probably get a lot of time with him as there is likely to be a long q. always have any questions ready for him before you go so you get to ask them while he's signing. you'll be fine.

the photo shoot tickets i thought were already sold out now as well as the talk ones for sunday.

Nicky

On this subject, I want to ask if I am catching a trian from manchester on the saturday morning, what time would be the best to be there? Because I have to go on the saturday to get the photoshoot with James Marsters! What tiem do you suggest would guarantee me being able to meet James for a signing aswell? xxx

• Showmasters Admin

There are no guarantee's I'm afraid.

It is possible that he won't be as busy this time and you'll be able to walk in at 10-11am and still get a ticket. But based on his previous appearance I'd say you need to be there before 9am.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

You are correct he was at C7.

You'll find that like Elijah, James has a lot of devoted fans that will follow him everywhere. Trust me at least half the people that meet him last time will be back.

He'll be busy, that's for sure, but hopefully not quite as bad as the Sunday last time.

Edited by Too Tall

I met him on that manic Sunday you speak of lol!!! man that que was something else!!!! I met him in Manchester at Forbidden PLanet in 2002 and had to que round the block for over 4hrs...and he had to sign for longer than he was down too so he saw eveyone (which I thought was real good of him) and the que at MK was just as bad...as mentioned, alot of people didn't get to see him.and those of us that did didn't get to have a photo with him AND we couldn't have the picture personalised to us!!! that's how crazy things were that day!!! but I'm gonna give it another bash this time for a personalised pic...and if I'm lucky a photo lol..coz I lost the ones I had with him in Manchester :(