elijah woddddd!and vigoo!

• Moderators

People unfortunately lose patience after a while. Moderators and other forum members usually help people as much as they can in terms of explaining where guest requests should go etc, but it can get very annoying if this is ignored.

'I LOVE ELIJAH WOOD 4EVA' has learnt this herself after overdoing the Elijah requests, and was simply advising the other person based on her own experiences.

I don't believe anyone is attempting to be a 'bully' in this topic. I'm all for enthusiasm and people wanting guests, but only so much is necessary - it's not a case of 'the more threads the better' to be fair. People don't need to ask for the same guests in the same topics all over the forum, and in other guest announcements say I HATE THESE GUESTS!! THEY'RE RUBBISH!! etc. I think that's rude.

As for spelling, yes sometimes people don't speak English as a first language and that's fair enough, but other times people are just lazy. Sure, there are more important things in life, but again it can be irritating trying to work out what is being said. I don't think it's too much to ask for the majority of people to write in a legible manner.

Anyway, that's not just relating to this topic, but some of it is relevant. Elijah is always popular, and doesn't warrant repeat 'suggestions', and no doubt Showmasters would know Viggo would be popular too.

DavidB,

To be honest I'm not sure how much of that related to this thread!! In terms of what has been said in other forums/threads about guests I do think is that if someone starts their own thread -regardless of whether or not people think it is a mistake- they should be able to say what they want on it without being insulted -afterall it is their thread!

I'm sure that people do get lazy with spelling, grammar and so on but I do think this is not the case with lostiegirl85, therefore by insulting her unfamiliarity with the English language it is slightly too personal for my liking.

I was of the belief that forums were a place where you could have fun and bounce ideas/opinions off of each other - not be insulted and restricted in your point of view, and therefore I want to stand up for lostiegirl85!

Edited by frankslittlemachine

Ditto frankslittlemachine!

Although I think I'll leave it at that! If I'm honest I don't want to get drawn in to some petty argument!

I'm looking forward to another show and meeting like-minded fans who just want to have fun!! It just seems like that's a pretty tall order for some people!

I hope the people I meet at the convention are just as positive and friendly as you and wyrdsister are! I've got no time for people who just want to complain about everything and spoil other people's good mood!

HAVE FUN EVERYONE UNTIL THEN!!!! :YAHOO::YAHOO::YAHOO:

GondorGirl

:thumbup:

I met Viggo after the premiere of 'Alatriste' (his spanish speaking movie) at the Toronto film fest last year. We waited outside the cinema and it started to rain as he walked to his car with David Cronberg (who has nothing to do with Alatriste but must be friends with Viggo after History of violence) everyone thought he would just get in his car but he stopped and signed for everyone, and asked everyone their names and whether they were having a good time at the festival. Some guy was really sucking up to him and apologised for the weather(like he could do anything about it) but Viggo was just ' Its ok I gotta sign for my fans who've been waiting'. I met a lot of film stars that week and Viggo was one of the best. Some of them were good and some bad, like Morgan Freeman just walked past everybody and ignored everyone! Im not boasting just thought I would lighten this thread up a bit. I will post a pic of the auto later as he has a really weird signature. Heres a pic of him signing:

Toronto2012.jpg

Edited by fugaziuk

Hello Fugaziu,

Good on you for lightening this thread up a bit!! I must admit Vigo -although he's never been to any conventions- does seem to appreciate his fans. I was lucky enough to see him in a shop in London and he signed something for my me and my mum - he was such a gentleman! My mum nearly fainted!!

Although I think the nicest actor I've met was Sean Astin - I never really thought much of him until we went to a signing he was doing at Forbidden Planet, London and he shook everyone's hand, asked how we were and appeared to be a really genuine person.

Sorry if I'm going to offend anyone here but I wasn't to impressed with Dominic Monaghan when he was at the another show in Wemberley. He sat in a restricted room where you couldn't even go in and see him unless you paid £25 for an autograph and I just thought that was quite egotistical - if it wasn't for LOTR he wouldn't be where he is today! Rember the people who put you there mate!

Oh well, must go, I've got to attend a training session on 'Handling Complaints' - what do you think people? I think I've done a pretty good job at that already! He he!

:lol:

GondorGirl

:WINCE:

H

I must admit Vigo -although he's never been to any conventions- does seem to appreciate his fans. I was lucky enough to see him in a shop in London and he signed something for my me and my mum - he was such a gentleman! My mum nearly fainted!!

Hey, GG

You'll be able to recognise me at another show now - I'll be the one who is GREEN with envy!

Totally with you on that GondorGirl,

its not up to any of us to tell others what they can and cannot want and say! or be so high and mighty to feel that we need to correct their spelling and grammer.

Just let everyone have their fun and say what they wish, its not hurting anyone, and if you don't like it than just ignore it!

were all excited about another show lets not spoil the fun by being negative and down.

Yeah I agree! B) Its not a spelling test here, its a fun forum and if you don't like the topic, why look at it?! :thumbup:

Hello!!

Vorwone - if it helps I don't even think he's that cute!! He He, I'm only joking he's pretty gorgeous in the flesh - I certainly wouldn't say no!

Still I'm saving myself for David Wenham! He's so gorgeous - so hands off ladies, he's mine!! I met him at Collectormania 10 and I was wearing this really gorgeous purple top -courtesy of Karen Millen- and he said it was a lovely top and asked me what colour it was and then....

I just froze! I couldn't actually speak!! I was like JD from Scrubs - I went off in my own little world! I mean I couldn't just say purple because I thought that would be too obvious and thus quite insulting and what's another word for purple? Violet? Peacock blue? It's actually quite hard! The whole time he's looking at me waiting for an answer and do you know what I say? I grin sheepishly and say "I don't now" - I mean now I just look like a bloody idiot for not knowing the colour of my own flaming top!

Let's just say, whatever I wear to the convention, if he's there, I'll be carrying a list of different colours to describe my outfit, tucked down my bra!

Have a great day everyone! Weather's lovely! :YAHOO:

GondorGirl

:gorgeous:

P.S Sami - thanks for your support!! I can't speak for frankslittlemachine but I appreciate it! :thumbup:

Sorry if I'm going to offend anyone here but I wasn't to impressed with Dominic Monaghan when he was at the another show in Wemberley. He sat in a restricted room where you couldn't even go in and see him unless you paid £25 for an autograph and I just thought that was quite egotistical - if it wasn't for LOTR he wouldn't be where he is today! Rember the people who put you there mate!

It's no wonder you weren't impressed with him, GondorGirl, given the fact that he has never been a guest at the FF... :smile::YAHOO:

It's no wonder you weren't impressed with him, GondorGirl, given the fact that he has never been a guest at the FF... :YAHOO::blink:

Dominic was definately NOT a guest at tFF in Wembley - where on earth did you get that idea from??? Billy Boyd was there, and he definately was not restricted - in fact NO guest was restricted in any way what so ever.

If you are talking about Dom being at Collectormania then I wouldn't call that a room either, sure the guest get corden off from time to time when they are big guests, but how would you feel if you had paid £20 for an autograph and had 50 screaming fans shouting his/her name out and trying to get their attentions when in fact it's your time said time with the guest???

Please, before you start posting things like that can you check your facts, scare mongering and gossip does no one any good.

Lisa.

Hello Everyone!!

You're totally right! It was Billy Boyd! He He!! :thumbup: But I'm serious guys - we went to see him and we weren't allowed in the room he was signing in unless we paid which I thought was a bit unfair! To me that's a bit restrictive!

Brandinschick - it was a mistake there's no need to be so aggressive in you're response - I don't doubt you've made mistakes before! Oh and I'm sure noone was actually scared when they read my post! ...Tiny bit over exaggerated, perhaps?

GondorGirl

:thumbup:

Hello Everyone!!

You're totally right! It was Billy Boyd! He He!!:thumbup: But I'm serious guys - we went to see him and we weren't allowed in the room he was signing in unless we paid which I thought was a bit unfair! To me that's a bit restrictive!

Brandinschick - it was a mistake there's no need to be so aggressive in you're response - I don't doubt you've made mistakes before! Oh and I'm sure noone was actually scared when they read my post! ...Tiny bit over exaggerated, perhaps?

GondorGirl

I was at the FF when Billy was there and had no problem seeing him. Maybe the organisers didnt like your face (joke). Seriously though, Billy is one of the least egotistical stars you could ever hope to meet. I've met him 4 times now and every time he's been amazing, chatty and friendly and generous with his time. If you werent allowed into the room to see him that'll be to do with the organisers, not because Billy didnt want to meet his fans, so dont judge him for that.

I was at the FF when Billy was there and had no problem seeing him. Maybe the organisers didnt like your face (joke). Seriously though, Billy is one of the least egotistical stars you could ever hope to meet. I've met him 4 times now and every time he's been amazing, chatty and friendly and generous with his time. If you werent allowed into the room to see him that'll be to do with the organisers, not because Billy didnt want to meet his fans, so dont judge him for that.

I agree, he's incredibly unaffected and friendly. I can't see there being any problems meeting him.

Just to remind you, so you won't get confused if you ever get to meet either of them.

This is Billy Boyd:

billyboyd.jpg

This is Dominic Monaghan:

dominicmonaghan.jpg

OK?

Edited by RosiePosieDanderfluff

Hello Everyone!!

You're totally right! It was Billy Boyd! He He!!:thumbup: But I'm serious guys - we went to see him and we weren't allowed in the room he was signing in unless we paid which I thought was a bit unfair! To me that's a bit restrictive!

GondorGirl

Yes, but maybe it would've been best and saved you a lot of hassle if you'd got your facts right in the first place. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, he's incredibly unaffected and friendly. I can't see there being any problems meeting him.

Just to remind you, so you won't get confused if you ever get to meet either of them.

This is Billy Boyd:

billyboyd.jpg

dominicmonaghan.jpg

OK?

ajjjj noooo... xDDD ELIJAH AND VIGGO..!!!

This is Billy Boyd:

billyboyd.jpg

dominicmonaghan.jpg

OK?

ajjjj noooo... xDDD ELIJAH AND VIGGO..!!!

Ouch! You may be joking, but you run the risk of seeming a bit selfish. :YAHOO: You want Viggo and Elijah? Fantastic! :D But don't forget that other people might want other members of the cast too. :YAHOO::YAHOO::dance:

Edited by yeltz-lass

Shakespeare made over 20 spelling and grammar mistakes when writing 'Hamlet', and often spelt his own character's names wrong - so are people going to take a pop at him now?

At the risk of kicking a barely lukewarm corpse... :thumbup:

(i) no, because the Bard isn't around to take notice of people telling him of his faults, and

(ii) there is only one small piece of genuine Shakespeare writing in existence (i.e stuff written in his own hand), and it isn't Hamlet (or any of his other major recognised works). Every bit of Shakespeare's plays in existence comes from various folio or quarto editions, mostly collated after his death. The folio stuff is basically stage copies, and quarto stuff individual actor copies. In both cases, Will was working with the cast, and corrections and revisions could and were made by people other than Will S.

Add to this that these were then later edited into the forms that we now know, and it's arguable that such mistakes were actually made by cast members/compilers/transcribers/printsetters etc.

The whole history of how what we come to know as Shakespeare came to be is actually a fascinating story, if you have a bit of a yen for that sort of history...

Edited by TommyT