Guest cancellation - Catherine Munroe

showmasters

f**k me!

what's all this talk about the 'business side' of showmasters???

i think that's none of anyones damn business.

go to empire day on sunday,it'll be great to meet fellow star wars fans.

i'll see you down the pub after for a shandy.

if you don't want to go,then don't.

but stop whining like a child about it.

for christs sake...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but stop whining like a child about it.

for christs sake...

:thumbup: Another kind welcome! cheers 'jamie'....

Forgive me but has this really just degenerated to ‘name calling’…

What was it that some body said earlier ‘discussion is encouraged’… please!.

Edited by jonny3x

to all the whiners

Would you all please go and watch Jay and Silent Bob Strike back...

then sit in your basements and wait for the Boys to come an kick your asses !

Showmasters buisness is their own.

I have been attending the majority of Jasons events since Empire day 2 and all have been fantastic Guest cancellations happen its outta their hands. Jason will to his best to get said guest at another show in the future im sure. !

Im still atending on Sunday and it should be fab !

:thumbup: hello!; .... and are you going to be one of these ‘boys’ to come and beat me up KarnorJax?

Another kind welcome?!?!....

Yet if I reply and tell them what I think of them; I’m sure I’d be the one to be banned; and my crime? being the newbie who only dared to suggest that there was money in this industry!. :lol: Madness!!!

Edited by jonny3x

Apart from certain whiners, this was the most rediculous post here.

I'll admit struggling was a poor word to pick, but you still sort of get the idea.

And what idea is that? What criteria?

Dont forget that some were only extras in Star Wars and are now actors/stuntmen in other projects, some were crew members at Lucasfilm and now crew members on other projects.

None of the people listed for this weekend's show fall into that category.

So you know for sure? A friend is one of many production crew, runners, studio dressers, 3rd-4th ADs that dont get credits. Drivers and caterers do however. :lol:

Wow, if you can't take "these rude posts", then you wouldn't be able to handle the cons for sure.

What cons have you been to where its custom to expect rudeness? :thumbup:

Edited by SarahSith

to all the whiners

Would you all please go and watch Jay and Silent Bob Strike back...

Showmasters buisness is their own.

I have been attending the majority of Jasons events since Empire day 2 and all have been fantastic Guest cancellations happen its outta their hands. Jason will to his best to get said guest at another show in the future im sure. !

Im still atending on Sunday and it should be fab !

I aint gonna beat you up. jus saying that the metaphore of that film other than the richard n fart jokes kinda applies here !

I aint gonna beat you up.

Using your quote as my inspiration; I will to attempt to do the same in my reply:

Juliet Bravo; from the episode ‘Nothing to Report’ in October 1982:

"Forgive me for not understanding your humor, but its nice to meet you†:thumbup:

Hear, hear! And since I know the reason for her cancellation (and don't ask, for I'm not making this public), we should actually be a bit ashamed for the aforementioned!

The reason is more than valid. While I understand we cannot take a cancellation at face value, sometimes the reason is so personal it cannot be made public. We should respect that fact.

I wish to apologize to SM, Mrs Munroe and her representatives for my previous remarks about being dissappointed for her not appearing.

I hope to meet her at an upcoming event. Jason has told me he'll do what he can to get her to come to one in future.

Thank you, SM!

• Showmasters Admin

Hi Mark

thanks for what you say

jonny thinks i should say sorry to you

i do not know wy i think its because you come from another country or something

so for that I am SORRY :-D

good to see you at the week end and thanks to all that supported this event

i am looking for a new venue for 2007 to run some small Empire Days but they will be well away from SE just to keep you all informed

Jason

ps jonny you got it a bit rong several times i was not offering to lend you the money to run a show

if i was to do that that would make it 50% easier for you

pps Ho and jonny as much as you must hate it there is freedom of speech on here

& to prove it i think that you are a total (edited buy Showmasters as not becoming to a show promoter )

Hi Mark

thanks for what you say

jonny thinks i should say sorry to you

i do not know wy i think its because you come from another country or something

so for that I am SORRY :-D

good to see you at the week end and thanks to all that supported this event

i am looking for a new venue for 2007 to run some small Empire Days but they will be well away from SE just to keep you all informed

Jason

ps jonny you got it a bit rong several times i was not offering to lend you the money to run a show

if i was to do that that would make it 50% easier for you

pps Ho and jonny as much as you must hate it there is freedom of speech on here

& to prove it i think that you are a total (edited buy Showmasters as not becoming to a show promoter )

:thumbup:

LOL

• Moderators

I think the majority of people have tried to finish this argument/discussion in here now, but you're not going to do yourself any favours by making comments like that Jonny. That's just deliberately inciting a reaction.

Although I didn’t agree with Jason’s post;

I was man enough to accept that we have a simple massive disagreement; and was trying to drop it, and move on.

Surely if anybody was doing any ‘provoking’ it was Disney; with his stupid message.

and also Bounty Hunter; I fully agree with you, but none of our discussion has been towards Ms Monroe;

I never questioned, or spoke of it. I respect her, and therefore her private reasons.

Edited by jonny3x

• Showmasters Admin

Although I didn’t agree with Jason’s post;

I was man enough to accept that we have a simple massive disagreement; and was trying to drop it, and move on.

Surely if anybody was doing any ‘provoking’ it was Disney; with his stupid message.

and also Bounty Hunter; I fully agree with you, but none of our discussion has been towards Ms Monroe;

I never questioned, or spoke of it. I respect her, and therefore her private reasons.

hi Jonny

"I seem to lack any of those ‘backtracking ’ chromosomes you seem to have an abundance"

sorry it is just funny to me

maybe if you was less aggressive then you would have other forum members that would support your ideas and stand up for you like others do and would have to backtrack less

just a thought

have fun

Jason

Can we just let it go now, we are missing the point - we nearly had a super cool first time signer and sometimes these things fall through and I hope Ms Monroe doesn't read this thread as it makes it sound as if its our god given right to meet her. She has never done a signing before and if she met some of the posters here maybe never would again.

Anyway Jason you say you are looking for other venues what about one further up the country. You have branched out to GMEX so what about somewhere in Manchester or one of the Blackpool Hotels??

Here's hoping! One last thing I grabbed a C:E flyer from SM at another show and must say they look cool. I was also told that they will change then every few months so looks like even the flyers for the event will be collectors items!!

Can we just let it go now, we are missing the point - we nearly had a super cool first time signer and sometimes these things fall through and I hope Ms Monroe doesn't read this thread as it makes it sound as if its our god given right to meet her. She has never done a signing before and if she met some of the posters here maybe never would again.

Anyway Jason you say you are looking for other venues what about one further up the country. You have branched out to GMEX so what about somewhere in Manchester or one of the Blackpool Hotels??

Here's hoping! One last thing I grabbed a C:E flyer from SM at another show and must say they look cool. I was also told that they will change then every few months so looks like even the flyers for the event will be collectors items!!

Got any spares or any at sm hq you could send me. Also I suggest Leeds or Harrogate for empire day

"I seem to lack any of those ‘backtracking ’ chromosomes you seem to have an abundance"

Forgive me but I fail to see where I’ve ‘backtracked’; please explain further. :poki:

I expect to post a further 959 times without the ‘regular’ members support; but upon my 1000th we will finally unite and form a happy family :lol: ;

Edited by jonny3x

For god's sake shut the fcku up!!

and no I'm not a regular I just loathe argumentative bastrds who have to moan and whine about everything. I get enough of that at work without it affecting my hobby as well.

Is this a bad time to ‘discuss’ what I loath in the human race too? :poki:

You lovely specimen! :lol:

No that's fine - you'll find something in General chat about things you dislike and some of them are cringeworthy.

Just let the argument go it's not one that anybody is going to win and so lets just all agree to disagree with each other on this one.

And yes I agree with you sometimes the regulars can be less than welcoming or sarcastic but they will stick up for each other so you'll never win. I put in another thread that when I saw some of them at Gmex they looked most unwelcoming to anyone new - I understand that they have known each other along time and consider themselves friends and that's fine I'll just stay out - I won't lose sleep over it but did you really come on here to wind people up - I think not and I think your original point has been blown out of all proportion.

Come on tis the season to be jolly so I stick by my comment shut the fukc up - please for everyone's sake including yours.

I believe you are a fellow fan and collector so lets just concentrate on the good things like Celebration Europe or getting Cathy Monroe another time.

Please SM just close this thread and let it die in peace (pieces)

I do agree with you; this whole issue got a little bit side tracked; but admittedly I wasn’t responsible for it all. But let’s not point any fingers; for I’m sure it will just lead to more confrontation, more quoting, and more dubious name calling.

Lets ‘in James’ eloquent words’ all ‘just shut the #### up’; and close this thread; before Disney in all his wisdom, hits reply and starts it all off again.

and just agree to disagree; and move onto the next show… :D:wub:

Edited by jonny3x