What costume/s will you be seen in at GMEX3?

edgejedi88

Hi guys!

I'll be the cosplay co-ordinator for Gmex, it's exciting to see so many people are planning to come in costume! And so many different series too :o

No idea what costume I'll be wearing, going to so many events this year I can't plan more than a few weeks in advance @_@; but I'll definitely be in cosplay!

By the way, why not take this discussion over to the Cosplay Forum?

P.S. Anne Boleyn? That would be AWESOME

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anne boleyn depends on if i can get the others done first, tho all it needs now is it's fore part and sleeves the rests done, was done 3 months ago i just refused to pay 16.99 a metre for faux fur, but boyes has a sale on nowe and at 3.99 i'm just waiting for payday. lol :thumbup:

hehe guess whos been a lazy girl, i've got bugger all done the past couple of weeks work seems to have taken over, so when i get home i'm either too tired or have to be up early to do any, tho i do have a couple of dayus off this week so will hopefully get something done, on a brighter note my grey lady dress only needs its hem doing on the skirt and sleeves then the rest is last min stuff that i can do the week beforer the event.B)

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm, it seems that not alot of people is gonna be cosplaying lol

Don't worry Angel, there will be cosplayers and costumers there, so you won't be the only one :D:D

Check this thread for three Star Wars groups going, two of whom are costuming focused. All three have tables for the G-Mex show, all three will be promoting Star Wars fandom. And even though we are Star Wars based, it would be great to see other costuming people and groups and say hi to them. It's all about fandom, about expressing our love of fandom and also (hopefully) entertaining the general public and convention-goers along the way. And we are a friendly bunch. May post about some interactive things on our table in the next week or so ;)

It's Children in Need the night before the G-Mex show, so I believe all three groups will have some form of collection for that worthy cause.

I'll be with the Fan Force UK North table on the Saturday since I am currently Assistant Chapter Representative for the FF-UK North, and on Sunday I will be costuming crew for the 99th Imperial Garrison and also Rebel Legion UK.

Look foward to seeing everyone there.

North rocks! :P

--- Tim Bolton

Assistant Chapter Representative, Fan Force United Kingdom: North

Crew, The 99th Imperial Garrison/Rebel Legion UK

Edited by timb

Well...

I'm thinking of donning a beautiful LOTR gown bought from (and made by) a friend.

I haven't 'dressed up in costume' since I was a kid. So this would be a real departure for me.

The 'Lady of Rohan' gown is lovely. I am an Elf Princess by trade ( lol) but since I am of the race of Men I should, perhaps, wear fitting garb.

Lord of the Rings seems to make many yawn, now, alas.

Those who yearned for another show UK and are truly sad at its loss, please consider appearing in costume at G-Mex and future cons.

Edited by orlandopassion

I'm looking at doing something Final Fantasy related and then Lord Il Palazzo from Excel Saga. I was looking at my OotP DE Lucius but due to a house move I've had to put most of my more complex costumes on hold. So my planned costumes of Sephiroth and OotP DE Lucius will appear next year. Of course I might be able to pull some mircle in the middle of all my packing and produce something. Who knows. I think I'll have to do last minute confirmation on this one.

First time posting here, but i'll be there on the saturday in costume for around an hour as Batman (Batman Begins Version)

I'll only be in the suit for an hour as its made of latex and is very very hot.

Never done it before so im a bit nervous to say the least, but excited too, do you guys know how i do it?

Do i change in the toilets? (i cant arrive as batman, i have to get the bus)

if i nip out to say hello to people queing how do i get back in?

And is it ok to turn up and get changed there (my gf will me minding my change of clothes)

Is there usually a fair bit of anime/manga related stuff at collectormania? Am goin as Tomo from Azumanga Daioh.

Last year, I seen quite a few Naruto cosplayers and Final Fantasy cosplayers.

This year, there will be more I hope due to increase in anime on TV these days^_^

I'm going in as Akatsuki Naruto and Hiya123 is Jill from Resident Evil^_^

With you as Tomo, how can anyone lose since more anime characters the merryer^_^ Especially Tomo, She is cool because she reminds me of Excel from Excel Saga and she is my favurate character^_^

Edited by Anime_Angel