Unsaid Promises

Kitty

Disclaimer: This story is based on characters and situations owned by JK Rowling and publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury. No copyright infringement is intended or to be inferred.

Word count: About 428

Note from me: Hey! This is my first entry. I hope everyone likes it. I've read over it and over it. I hope I got every little problem. This story takes place in Hermione's 5th year after Umbridge raids the Dumbledore's Army meeting.

Unsaid Promises by Kitty Partipilo

The words didn't click in anyone's mind. Umbridge? Here? She found us? We were betrayed? Everyone's minds were buzzing from what they were hearing from the stout little house elf. Harry's booming voice broke the stupor that had fallen upon them. They all rushed to the door and it jammed instantly. Elbows poked and prodded people as they desperately tried to escape Umbridge and her brute squad's clutches. Hermione was finally able to squeeze through the crowd, but she was jostled and separated from her two best friends. She was lost in the haze and didn't know what direction would be safe until a hand caught hers and dragged her away from the chaos.

The next thing Hermione knew was that she was standing in a tight secret passage with Fred Weasley's hand tightly grasped across her mouth to hide her breathing. They heard footsteps hurry past them. They held their breath trying there best not to be heard. Fred moved them backwards deeper into the passage way hoping not to betray their position as his feet clicked against the stone floor. He let his hand off her mouth signaling that it was safe to talk, but no words were said. He quietly with much care, looked over her to see if she was hurt. Hermione looked into his eyes and knew there was no other way to thank him. She caught his lips with hers and kissed him deeply. She didn't care if they shared another kiss like this again, this one kiss was all she would ever need.

It seemed like hours before they finally disconnected and he looked at her softly with piercing blue eyes. She couldn't find any words to express what she was feeling. Her head was swimming with confusion and passion. Part of her told her to wait for Ron while the other part told her to go for Fred. His eyes flicked back and forth from her to the passage way.

"I think it's safe," broke the silent spell that had been placed upon them.

Hermione turned to see Fred's identical twin standing at the entrance of the passage way. Hermione blushed a bright red and hurried out of the passage way, Fred gaping behind her, knowing it was too dangerous to scream out her name. She wished she could have told him everything, everything she felt when she stood there with him. But somehow, she felt he understood everything already and as he stood there and protected her, made an undying promise that he'd always make sure she was protected.

• 6 months later...