Can PB stretch to a THIRD season?

DavidB

• Moderators

There's speculation that we could well get a third season of Prison Break, and so I wondered what everyone thought of that?

Do you think that 2 seasons is enough? Or do you love the show and want as much as possible?

Is every cast member other than Linc and Michael expendable? Would you still watch without your favourite character? Could they even do the unthinkable and survive without Burrows and Scofield?

Personally I'm torn ... I like the whole group dynamic, but it's inevitable that we'll lose people along the way. As long as the writing stays strong then I think it'd be possible, but I'm really not sure. I do love the show but if keeping it to 2 seasons meant it went out on top then perhaps that's best.

Be careful of spoilers if you're posting them please :WINCE:

I'm torn as well. I love the show and could watch the characters forever if the writing stayed as good as it is in seasons 1 & 2. However, I would also like them to end it with series 2 and wrap up the central plot.

If it stretches to season 3, I think they should do a "spin off" idea, maybe not involving the 2 brothers and concentrating on the efforts of the other characters (The T-Bag show, anyone! ^_^ ). Like how Stargate has Atlantis, CSI has New York, Miami, etc.

I just don't want the studio to get greedy and demand a 3rd season just to make some money, then the writing will struggle to stay as plausable and intense as it currently is.

Yeah I'm a little worried that it might be a bit forced if they try and stretch a third season, especially if they finish this story line in Season 2.

I love the dynamic of the whole group sort of working together but being very much individual and having their own stuff going on but I also sort of want it to get somewhere.

A spin-off idea is a good one but I wonder if it wasn't Linc and Schofy related whether it would loose viewers.

I really have no idea and if it was going to carry on being as great as it is then fine but if they are going to draw it out just for the sake of it and the story looses pace then I'd rather thay finish it with 2!

• Moderators

I do find myself rooting for Linc and Scofield, however they're certainly not my favourite characters even if they are the main ones. I know I wouldn't enjoy it as much without TBag or Haywire or Sucre etc, I love the group dynamic and all the different things they bring to the show.

So if it did just end up with the 'main' characters left ... I'm really not convinced it'd work nearly as well as the other seasons. Of course, no one really knows who's going to survive!

• 4 weeks later...

I love the show, i think it could hold another season where maybe Kellerman helps bring down all the bad stuff with Linc and Mike and hopefully lj in toe we need some lj action lol

and it all ends good! with Mike and Sara together!!!

and Mahone and the other bad ones behind bars!!!