Torchwood - LATEST EPISODE

RainbowDisney

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I thought it was quite good although not exceptionally brilliant. I'll keep watching it even if it's just to find out if I'm right about that hand Jack's keeing in that jar!

you'r totaly right about the Hand :wub:

I like the show .

Last eps ( No.6 ) was good and wrong on so many levels.. and not just the canibalisem.

last weeks ep was soooo wrong!

was funny to Ianto headbutt that guy!

and whenjack started shooting them all! haha

but i gotta say gwen whatcha doing with owen? sill sill sill gwen!!! tut tut

last weeks ep was soooo wrong!

was funny to Ianto headbutt that guy!

and whenjack started shooting them all! haha

but i gotta say gwen whatcha doing with owen? sill sill sill gwen!!! tut tut

Who's this

i watched the canibalism episode on bbc2 this week n its the first episode of torchwood that i've seen all the way through n i enjoyed it - although didnt like them attacking ianto but that was coz its gareth n he's great!

will be watching it from now on though

:wub:

Sorry there haven't been any comments on the last 2 episodes but I've been busy, but here goes:

Small Worlds:

This installment of Torchwood showing us that fairies arn't the kind beings of fairy tales but something altogether more sinister with their own method of retribution for those that harm the chosen one and and also there power over the elements. This episode also showed us a bit more of Captain Jack's background from his relationship with Estelle where he has to pose as his own son to stay in contact, to his previous encounter with fairies in 1909. This is a very solid if not outstanding episode of the series which still seems to be trying to find it's feet and direction, the team are trying to bond although Jack's decision at the end shows that there is still some bonding to do. The visualisation of the two views of the fairies was well done and the visual effects for the victims were impressive.

Countrycide:

Well the whole team get out of the cellar and into the not so fresh country air in this installment much to the dismay of Owen. The camping scenes are amusing with a touch of pathos and show the human and vunerable sides of the team from Tosh's revelation that Owen was her last snog at Christmas and the longing she has for more, to the pain felt by Ianto that his deceased girlfriend was his and the uncomfortableness of Gwen after she triggered the painful memories for Ianto. This episode shows that yes there may be alien threats but the threat from the human race itself can sometimes be scarier. A village of part time canabals shows the Torchwood team at their most vunerable, but also begins to show them as a team the exception of this to some extent still being Jack. The growing relationship between Owen and Gwen works better than that of Gwen and Jack (although I still think Owen is slimy) but you can see the foreshadowing of a confrontation there, don't expect Rhys to be on the scene for to much longer either from the looks of it.

This weeks episode centres around Tosh and the trailers look good.

It now looks ( eps 7 ) like Jack das not knew what he is , this will surly give us new twists as the team is getting more and more together , and at one point or another thay will talk about there boss .. jack might find himself in one of torchwoods cells.

Saw tonights episode twice! I loved it. Ironic really as its the first full episode ive seen since episode 2, and even the parts of eps ive seen have been on the wednesday reruns, so the fact I got not once, but twice is amazing :P

Gebes said I should post about a little error in the 'cardiff goings on'.

The final standoff scene on those docks, was filmed in Barry docks, a mile or so from where I live. Did you notice the ferry in the channel? Well we dont get them that big this far down the channel, especially on this side. There ARE boats which go out to the islands that leave from Barry though, their just tiny little fishing type boats.

Ok thats my sad little bit of info for today lol, and hey, I wasnt going to post it but Gebes forced me!

So cool watching places in my 'neighbourhood' on TV, though no matter how many times the Dr who or Torchwood casts are filming litrelly 500-1000 meters away from wherever I may be, ive never yet seen any of them! They DO shop in the tescos I work in, just when im not in apparently!

I suggested that Crippsy_99 did as some people like the odd bit trivia about TV shows!!

You'll just have to work hours then, and you may serve them one day :P

but back on topic now,

I think this is them now setting up a storyline for the season finale of Torchwood!!

Can't believe how much I love torchwood.. watched it because it was a Doctor Who spin off.. took a while to get going, but now look forward to Sundays...

Love it... Love it.. Love it...

Though I am becoming increasingly worried about my obsession with captain jacks (I though captain jack sparrow was enough, but now I want them both!!)

I don't get what the lots of things you can do with a stopwatch are. Maybe I'm naive or sweet and innocent but most of these flyway comments nod towards a sensual context. If so why would Ianto have anything to do with Jack as surely he's still holding a grudge about his girlfriend being bumped off by Jack?

I don't get what the lots of things you can do with a stopwatch are. Maybe I'm naive or sweet and innocent but most of these flyway comments nod towards a sensual context. If so why would Ianto have anything to do with Jack as surely he's still holding a grudge about his girlfriend being bumped off by Jack?

Yeah, I was thinking that too...

At GMEX2, Gareth David-Lloyd (Ianto) said that Ianto would get with someone and it was already obvious who - I immediately thought Jack because I'd seen some flirtation between them. So this came as good news to me, because I'd been hoping it was Jack and all the signs were pointing to it.

:YAHOO:

At GMEX2, Gareth David-Lloyd (Ianto) said that Ianto would get with someone and it was already obvious who - I immediately thought Jack because I'd seen some flirtation between them. So this came as good news to me, because I'd been hoping it was Jack and all the signs were pointing to it.

:thumbup:

But jack killed his girlfriend and he swore he would kill Jack. That doesn't disappear in 3? weeks!

Still confused about the stopwatch.

Edited by feralmoggy

But jack killed his girlfriend and he swore he would kill Jack. That doesn't disappear in 3? weeks!

It hasn't been three weeks for them as Jack clearly pointed out in this week's episdoe that Suzie has been dead for 3 months when Torchwood hasn't even been showing on our screens for 2 months yet! lol!

It hasn't been three weeks for them as Jack clearly pointed out in this week's episdoe that Suzie has been dead for 3 months when Torchwood hasn't even been showing on our screens for 2 months yet! lol!

Ok so Suzie has been dead for three months so Ianto's gf has been dead for less than 3 months. I think if someone knocked off someone I cared for I'd be a smidge irritated at them and not about to compare stopwatches! And when Tosh read his mond didn't he say he was empty or something along those lines?

Ok so Suzie has been dead for three months so Ianto's gf has been dead for less than 3 months. I think if someone knocked off someone I cared for I'd be a smidge irritated at them and not about to compare stopwatches! And when Tosh read his mond didn't he say he was empty or something along those lines?

Ok I understand your point there but he isn't going to mope around for ages as he has a job to do and the rest of the team's lives could be put in danger if he carried on down that path. Maybe he has decided he needs to move on...personally I think the whole flirting thing with Jack is his way of helping to get over his grief.

Edited by Jedi_Tink

Ok I understand your point there but he isn't going to mope around for ages as he has a job to do and the rest of the team's lives could be put in danger if he carried on down that path. Maybe he has decided he needs to move on...personally I think the whole flirting thing with Jack is his way of helping to get over his grief.

Or maybe its a case of boys and their toys and them having a competition to see who has the best stop watch. Men! I don't think I'll ever understand them or want to!

Or..perhaps he's flirting with Jack to get close to him, in the hope then that Jack will let his guard down and can be killed! Or something..we may find out in the season finale or something.

Still need to get hold of the last 5 episodes.

Yeah, well hopefully there will be sense to it, as sometimes it does seem like the makers of the programme put sex in just for the sake of it to make it an 'adult' programme... ( I think by the end of it all there prolly will be some mass orgy or summin':thumbup:

Edited by Mich

Agree i dont get the I don't get stopwatch 2

but i have another question:

some one pleaaase answer

on the last eps Suzie planed everything long before she died in the 1st eps.. how could she do that with out knowing the future ?

• 4 weeks later...

Just watched the final 2 episodes, and whilst I was wrong about certain things. I was right about my theory about the hand in the jar that Jack had!!

Soon as he mentioned about 'needing the right kind of Doctor' I knew the TARDIS was going to be in the episode, but was wrong about actually seeing it...

I've suspected for a while that Jack would disappear in the finale, in order to setup the storyline of how he ends up on earth in Cardiff!!

As for the references to being brought back from the dead, Needing the right kind of Doctor, and WAS that a sonic screwdriver I saw him with???

I actually thought the Caretaker was going to turn out to be the return of the MASTER.....

I think they've established Torchwood now........

SHOWMASTERS: if you read this YOU HAVE TO GET TORCHWOOD CAST MEMBERS TO EVENTS A.S.A.F.P !!!

I HAVE A NEED TO SPEND MONEY ON THEM NOW!!

Edited by gebes

Good ep, but so many unanswred questions..

Like was that old guy a rogue timelord like im convinced he is?

Was the rift closed afterall, and did everyone go back to their right places in time?

Who repaired the base, and how fast did they do it after being near destroyed when they activated the rift?

What happened to the old guy?! Is he still around.

Why did the doctor take him?

How long till season 2 airs?!!

Oh, and that roman guy who killed 2 people in Penarth..probably an irate customer after shopping at my store :thumbup:

Well, I have to say the last two episodes were an absolute unadulterated bag of POO!!!!

Now don't get me wrong, the plot was going along great guns, and then.....The two Captains have a great big snog in the middle of the Dance floor, while the time rift is opening,Our capt. Jack has to go back to the 'Real' capt. Jack( who's actually Gay too, would you believe...NO I BL**DY WOULDN'T)and the others disappear and he salutes!!!????

What self indulgent cr*p from the Writer......A complete case of letting the creative do his thang and not check what the hell he's writing.....It was farcical.....Totally spoilt what could have been a very good storyline....