Torchwood - LATEST EPISODE

RainbowDisney

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems a little odd so far to me..ok I know its only a Dr who spin off, but doesnt seem anything like Dr who! But suppose its good enough to keep watching..

Spent most of both eps squeeing mind you over the fact I could name pretty much every road and place they went too in cardff heh..and will be there tuesday morning to meet Billie Piper!!

I really enjoyed it, didn't know exactly what to expect.

The second show had a similar sort of story line to an early Angel episode if my mind serves me correctly.

I think they were really trying to establish she show at a more adult audience, but it worked for me, so looking forward to epiosde three.

I really enjoyed it, didn't know exactly what to expect.

The second show had a similar sort of story line to an early Angel episode if my mind serves me correctly.

I think they were really trying to establish she show at a more adult audience, but it worked for me, so looking forward to epiosde three.

I loved It

:D Its About Time Captain Jack was Back On the Screen :(

I thought it was great too...certainly an adult theme to it, and I loved the Cardiff CSI reference....'b*llocks , and there was quite a bit of humour too

It's great to see a good adult orientated British sci-fi series too for a change to compete with the likes of The X files....i think it has great potential

I enjoyed it and so did my wife and she normally hates that kind of stuff. It ran abit like the x-files crossed with spooks. I liked the little references to Dr Who so we could at least put it in a time context. Lets see if it carries on being good.

It had the largest ever audience for BBC3 and the 3rd largest digital audience ever - sounds like another series being comissioned based on that, especially after the "failure" of Robin Hood

I enjoyed it and so did my wife and she normally hates that kind of stuff. It ran abit like the x-files crossed with spooks. I liked the little references to Dr Who so we could at least put it in a time context. Lets see if it carries on being good.

It had the largest ever audience for BBC3 and the 3rd largest digital audience ever - sounds like another series being comissioned based on that, especially after the "failure" of Robin Hood

I like Robin Hood too...... :wub:

I like Robin Hood too...... ;)

I like Robin Hood too, i think the ratings for that will go up now ant and dec have finished.

Anyway Torchwood IMO was awesome, I loved the episodes, it really shows sort what happens to those that the Dr leaves behind and I think if Russell in the end decided to do the Rose spin off it would be almost identical (which is why Im glad its not being made)

I really like Jack's character and think we will see a lot more of his history as the show goes on, I cant wai for the next episode

I was surprised that I actually loved Torchwood. At first I thought I would watch it for the sake of it, but after the first two episodes I think it has a lot of potential.

None of the main characters bugged me (well the boyfriend did, but I guess that is because he will be out of the picture soon). The plots were ok (not great) but it set up a pace and you got a jist of what the characters are like and what they will be like as a "team".

My only fear is that when promoting Torchwood, it pointed out that it would be more adult, fair-do's - I think they have safely established that. I hope that they go on to tackle more diverse aliens (although the orgasmic one was quite different from the norm!), and doesn't turn into a BBC sci-fi Dynasty, (ok bad description but hey I'm tired!)

So yea for Torchwood :WINCE:

As for Robin Hood, Great cast (Richard Armitage :whistling: ), I hope that the plotlines get a bit better. The Marion plot last week bugged me slightly, but I suppose I will have to see how that turns out.

PS: Loved the Cardiff CSI line!!

Edited by ukinvestigator

I didn't say that Robin Hood was rubbish (although I tink it is) only that I think the BBC expected it to be the biggest thing this year and it clearly isn't. You may be right though now Ant and Dec have finished viewing figures may go up although I would imagine x-factor may get moved into that time slot!

• Showmasters Admin

I quite enjoyed it. I wouldn't say I loved it. It's not got me hooked yet. But give it time and I'm sure it will. I find with a lot of these new show's it takes at least 5 or 6 episodes before I really get into it.

Edited by Too Tall

i was disappointed.

it just wasn't very good,on the whole.

either as a spin-off from dr who or as a drama in it's own right.

it was trying to be too many things,to attract and appease the mainstream audience.

and 'adult' doesn't have to mean sex and swearing...

other topics could be tackled...