Harry Potter and...

wiccawise21

Westminster Station was closed yesterday for some filming just to let everyone know.

Also there are some new pics online featuring Harry in a very attractive brown corduroy jacket and Mr Weasley getting in a phoe box to head down to the Ministry of Magic.

Simone

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Showmasters Admin

Jason loved it (he hasn't read the book). I liked it but there were several bits that I was looking forward to which either weren't in it or just appeared for a brief moment. (I wanted more young WMPP!!!!)

I think on the whole, those that have read the book will be a bit disappointed about what's missing and what's changed, and those who haven't read the book will like it.

Andrea

**SPOILERS**

I agree andrea. My friends really enjoyed it, but they havent read the books. I thought as a film it was really good and the effects were amazing but there were just little things missing from the book that would have been nice to see. i would have liked to have the Quibbler metioned and i didnt like the fact that Cho was blamed for giving up the DA

But overall a fab film with great effects

Not sure yet if I liked it or not but I certainly didn't love it! You are right Andrea there is too much missing. It was interesting because as I was leaving the cinema the two blokes in front of me were saying how it felt disjointed and rushed. I think that is a fair comment. The longest story buildup was the kiss!!! :headscratch:

I also took major issue with the black and white dementor type stuff in the fight scene. Wasn't it meant to be a duel and not some kind of weird supernatural ghost ballet?

Most interesting was some of the things that weren't there - where was Sirius's mirror? I actually found it interesting that I had no reaction to Sirius dying. Again it was interesting that Bella hit him with Avada Kadavra - was that the same in the book?

Stupid as it sounds I really wanted the valentine coffee place to be in it just for some twee magical moments or Disneyland proportions. :headscratch:

Will have to go and see it again but my first impression wasn't great. :uhoh:

Just got back from seeing it with the flatmate!

Really enjoyed the movie - yes there was stuff missing that i would have enjoyed seeing and the whole MOM battle seemed quite rushed to me but loved loads of the other stuff.

Quite interesting that the whole younger lily character got cut and wasn't in the credits either but from all the set photos i sure she didn't seem like a younger lily to me at all so didn't mind that, although Andrea i too was hoping for a bit more of the MWPP era.

Loved all the extra Sirius stuff, which i was expecting in the book but didn't get so was really happy about that.

Thankfully Emma Watson's eyebrows seemed to be slightly more stuck to her forehead in this movie than the last.

Overall really enjoyed it though and am probably going to see it again next week.