ANSWERS to FAQs - Regularly updated with show info

Too Tall

• 3 months later...

right then genius' and knowers of all things related to events - yes that's you lot!!! :lol::P

I've never been to Scotland except for when I was a "wee nipper" and my parents drove up to visit family :D so I would appreciate some help here!

I'm being a bit dense atm as by Wednesday the way my shifts have been I will have worked a normal person's 2weeks worth of hours in 1week :chair:

could some one poss bottom line the option of staying at the airport hotels vs staying in the town centre and obv this really does depend on which method of you arriving, but, helpfully, I have no idea! I think flying is out of the question, far too costly compared to train'ing it which takes ages from Cardiff (damn you London/MKers :P) so through my genius I have come up with training it to Manchester then Megabus'ing it to to Glasgow :chair: however I have no idea what-so-ever where Killermont St is :chair: which is where the MB arrives and departs from (I'm not completely useless, I did find that :D)

glasgow_buchanan_bus_station.gif

do all buses depart from this bus station the MB does? (may sound daft but they don't in Cardiff :P)

how long does the bus take to get to the shopping centre and how much does it cost? (roughly!) is it better to taxi it if there's a few of you?

what is there to do after the show at either place? my friends (Stevie79 ad Crippsy99) who I will likely be travelling with were debating the ins and outs of airport vs town and that was the main concern.

sorry TT if you have posted some of this info already but your FAQ is frickin' massive these days!!!!! and tbh it was daunting looking at it!!! (yes I did infact try to read some of it so :P)

any advice would be greatly appreciated, fankooo! :smile: and hopefully would benefit alot more people than just me B)

Diolch yn Fawr!

surfy sah xx

right then genius' and knowers of all things related to events - yes that's you lot!!!

I've never been to Scotland except for when I was a "wee nipper" and my parents drove up to visit family :D so I would appreciate some help here!

I'm being a bit dense atm as by Wednesday the way my shifts have been I will have worked a normal person's 2weeks worth of hours in 1week

could some one poss bottom line the option of staying at the airport hotels vs staying in the town centre and obv this really does depend on which method of you arriving, but, helpfully, I have no idea! I think flying is out of the question, far too costly compared to train'ing it which takes ages from Cardiff (damn you London/MKers :P) so through my genius I have come up with training it to Manchester then Megabus'ing it to to Glasgow :thumbup: however I have no idea what-so-ever where Killermont St is :blink: which is where the MB arrives and departs from (I'm not completely useless, I did find that)

glasgow_buchanan_bus_station.gif

do all buses depart from this bus station the MB does? (may sound daft but they don't in Cardiff)

how long does the bus take to get to the shopping centre and how much does it cost? (roughly!) is it better to taxi it if there's a few of you?

what is there to do after the show at either place? my friends (Stevie79 ad Crippsy99) who I will likely be travelling with were debating the ins and outs of airport vs town and that was the main concern.

sorry TT if you have posted some of this info already but your FAQ is frickin' massive these days!!!!! and tbh it was daunting looking at it!!! (yes I did infact try to read some of it so)

any advice would be greatly appreciated, fankooo! :smile: and hopefully would benefit alot more people than just me)

Diolch yn Fawr!

surfy sah xx

Hey surfy!

If you take a wlook at my wee 'Glasgow Info' post, that should hopefully help you out a bit.

In terms of location, the airport is a relatively much shorter distance to the event than Glasgow City Centre. In terms of entertainment and night life, there is pretty much nothing to do at the airport, unless you want to go to the XScape which is located right next to the event. Glasgow City Centre has it all... restaurants, cinemas, and more pubs and clubs than you could ever want or need.

The Megabus map seems to show the bus station as being on Killermont Street but it's best known as 'Buchanan Street Bus Station', and it's the only bus station in Glasgow.

I had a look at BMI baby and if you can afford it you can get a return flight from Cardiff to Glasgow for £60.

Hope this helps. Any more questions, just ask.

Adam

ok ppl

the shopping center IS NOT IN GLASGOW sothe easyes way to get there is to go to paisly one stop from glasgow so would be much easyer to stay in paisly but cant think of any hotels there atm but know of a few guest houses not far from the center

sah the bus station is easy to find u just have to walk down a a long street to be at the station

not all busses depart from there for busses to the center u will have to go to a differetn bus stop accros from the station u will be better getting a all day ticket costing 230 can get on and off all day for that price from glasgow a while as i said best bet bus to glasgow train to paisly then there to center or if bussing all the way will take a good 40 min i think from glasgow

there is a escape center at breahead as well pluss tones of pubs about bolling ally loads of stuff to do

depending oh when u get to glagow i could meet u at the bus station so u dont get lost lol

laura

thanks you guys! I've really gotta crash as I'm up at 530 :smile: but just quickly - is this Escape Centre you mention like the one in MK? that would pretty much suit me if so! much as I like pubs/clubs I don't do that so much at events due to being sleep deprived from such early starts!! :thumbup:

diolch yn fawr again!

surfy sah (sah!!:blink:) xx

In terms of entertainment and night life, there is pretty much nothing to do at the airport, unless you want to go to the XScape which is located right next to the event.

Sounds a bit like MK then doesnt it :wub:

I had a look at BMI baby and if you can afford it you can get a return flight from Cardiff to Glasgow for £60.

Some of us refuse to get on a flying metal coffin and fly and would rather take the train :D lol plus I think the times were really stupid for flying like have to be there at 5:30am to check in.

• 5 months later...