Anyone else disappointed?

Yes SM have been very busy announcing new guests, but there's not a single one in that bunch that interests me. So far the only person that even vaguely interests me from the entire lineup is Miranda Otto and I'm starting to think that even she's not worth coming up from London for, paying for travel and accommodation etc.

I'm sure there are others like me who just aren't interested in stars from yester-year. The ones I want to meet and pay out for are the current ones, people from current or very recent films/tv, not ones from 25 years ago, sorry.

I do hope that we get some like that or I will have to give it a miss, 1 person isnt worth forking out for this trip I'm afraid.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I'd say that there are a few others apart from Miranda that cover 'current or very recent films/tv' so it's not just her. It does really depend on your taste, and if you're not into whatever they're from then they won't be for you.

Unfortunately (or fortunately for some) the cult classics are reliable and have proven support at events, like James Bond and A Team and Star Trek etc etc so events will always get them. More recent films/tv may well be successful but are more risky if they're unproven in a convention/event setting ..

I'm the same really for wanting guests from newer things :P

I have to admit that I was gutted at Brandon Rouths sad withdrawl and I don't feel this line up is anywhere near as stong (at present) as previous events. There are very few first timers there who I would categorise as 'big guests'.

That said, there's several weeks to go and I have faith that SM will find some guest(s) to fill Brandon's (red) boots.

I pre-ordered 5 auto's from MSPG as I thought I'd prefer the nearer event the week after. So far I think my gamble paid off.

I spent nearly £800 notes at C10 but I would have got nowhere near that at this event.

Unfortunatley this one just wasnt for me.... Can't wait till C11 though, lots of saving coming up for that one.

Here's hoping C11 is as good as C10 as I thought that was outstanding.

Only Miranda for me too.....at the moment. But I can't attend anyway I have something else on that weekend. Fortunately for me I know a lot of Crew so I know I will get my poster signed it's great to have friends who will do you a favour... you know who you are and you know I Luv ya babes xXx

Elfiexx

I'm quite pleased, to be honest. A couple of HP guests, Julie Benz, Dirk, Dwight and one or two others - sounds good to me. Not being a Thunderbirds/any-kind-of-puppet-unless-it's-a-muppet or James Bond fan, to me these last announcements seem a bit boring, but the ones I've listed above probably seem boring to other people.

Horses for Courses and all that... :wub:

I can't really say I'm disappointed, its just none of the guests really interest me :/

I'd go for Julie Benz... and cos I love conventions now, but I never really liked Darla...

I dunno... I don't think my sister me and moo will be coming to Manchester :wub: shame too

But after the amazing lineup at C10 (for me anyway) I couldn't really see the same sort of guests appearing at Gmex because otherwise it'd be too samey

I can't really say I'm disappointed, its just none of the guests really interest me :/

I'd go for Julie Benz... and cos I love conventions now, but I never really liked Darla...

I dunno... I don't think my sister me and moo will be coming to Manchester :wub: shame too

But after the amazing lineup at C10 (for me anyway) I couldn't really see the same sort of guests appearing at Gmex because otherwise it'd be too samey

Well it's the best line up for a while for me as a Dr Who fan, especially if Guy Siner is added, Collectormania 10 also had some rare Who guests but I couldn't make it and for hacked off I missed Deep Roy especially!

I am kinda middle of the road to be honest. Yes there are repeat guests which can be annoying for regular attendees of these kind of events (and when you look at James Bond guests some are attending another event within the not to distant future). I am glad that Dirk Benedict, Dwight Schultz, Robert Englund (I can get my Heather Lampburg & Amanda Wyss photos autographed to complete the pics) are repeat guests as I have always wanted to get theres but as I am always working on a budget I have had to give them a miss (although I have met Robert before and can fully recommend meeting him)

At this moment in time it seems a bit of mixed bag although I guess or is that hoping SM can pull a major surprise out the hat. Either way I will be attending because apart from the guests I have already mentioned theres Star Wars guests which I want to meet to put to my Star Wars posters.

Can we PLEASE have some more HP guests (or even Red Dwarf/other comedies)? I probably won't meet the twins unless I have the money spare, as I've already met them. I'll meet Jamie Waylett, but other than that, there's nothing for me. Again.

(hint hint - get Jamie Yeates and I'll stop complaining :wub:)

Yeah, bottom of the barrel guests that will interest some hardcore autograph hunters but not the main. Not the standard SM usually come up with...still a few weeks left and hopefully thats the last bit part bond actors announced. Fair enough people are completists but for the rest????????????? Nothing apart from Miranda Otto .Shame. Prove me wrong SM...

:D In February I went to g-mex just to get Brent Spiner's autograph as I love Trek and especially TNG but it is a lot of effort and money for just 1 guest and now it is the same situation as I am only going for Michael Dorn as I have some video and dvd sleeves from the movies that the other six have signed and his signature will complete them...does anyone really really want to get Kate O' Mara's autograph and some of the other stars?disappointing line up now but sm may get a few additional guests and there are still quite a few weeks for others to be added..sadly that leaves lots of time for inevitable cancellations!

I agree mainly with Jacksparrowsmistress, the most recent guest annoucements haven't interested me though I'm sure there are peeps out there who are happy! - I'm only going for 4 guests - Miranda Otto, Julie Benz, Paul McGann and Colin Baker, I'm not to gutted though as I wanna get them all done on the Saturday if possible cos there's a special concert in Cardiff on Sunday night that I will be getting tickets for! :YAHOO: Lot of driving that weekend, Surrey to Machester to Cardiff and then back to Surrey! Phew!