Get Torri Back

matrix8

Yep, coming back to the UK, but being reduced to recurring-character status on SGA. Eh. I have no plans to watch the next season - it's going downhill already and as I don't like the Carter-McKay dynamic, I don't really care to watch it without Weir. *shrugs* But I'd still love to meet Torri! :smile:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I like Torri and can't wait to see her, she doesn't make the show for me. I'll still watch it as I still love it. Now if it was Joe or David they were to kill off then that would be a different scenario for me altogether. Those 2 make the show in my opinion.

Yep, coming back to the UK, but being reduced to recurring-character status on SGA. Eh. I have no plans to watch the next season - it's going downhill already and as I don't like the Carter-McKay dynamic, I don't really care to watch it without Weir. *shrugs* But I'd still love to meet Torri! :D

So your going to give up on an entire show pretty much soely because of ONE of many people not being in it as much as before which is probably the reasoning you use to say why its 'going downhill'..that seems pretty sad if you ask me!

Obviously you cant be much of a fan if thats all it takes to abandon something, but then if I recall you've never watched, or at least dont like sg1, so seems to have been one of those fads of the moment for a couple of years.

For me, the show continues to grow from strength to strength and is continually good, and the reduction of one character certainly isnt going to make me think any less of it..after all really, what has Wier done except complain for most of the 3rd season? By not being part of the 'team' so to speak, and not having any major jobs like the others, there isnt really any need for her to be in every single episode pointlessly..

Crippsy-- How dare you make such blatant assumptions about why I'm no longer watching SGA. You obviously have no idea about my reasoning on the matter, from what you've said! I'm not only a fan of Torri, you know-- I love David Hewlett's acting, too, and Teyla is a favourite character of mine, behind Elizabeth.

Yes, I'm angry that they're writing Weir down to recurring character status. But that's far from the only reason I don't want to watch SGA anymore. I can't stand Mullie & Mallozzi's writing for this show, even though it's good for SG-1, and I don't want to see Carter on Atlantis even though I love her on SG-1. She brings out the very worst in McKay, and I don't care to watch that. Not only that, but the episode "Irresistible" made me physically sick. IMHO the quality of the show has been deteriorating since M&M were made head writers for it, and it doesn't even feel like the same show I loved. THAT is why I'm not watching it anymore.

Also, your presumption about my involvement with SG-1 fandom is complete bull. I've watched it since the beginning and I am as much of a fan of that as I am of SGA.

Crippsy-- How dare you make such blatant assumptions about why I'm no longer watching SGA.

I quite happily dare too :D

Yes, I'm angry that they're writing Weir down to recurring character status. But that's far from the only reason I don't want to watch SGA anymore. I can't stand Mullie & Mallozzi's writing for this show, even though it's good for SG-1,

Whats the difference if its the same people??!! Same people, same style of writing!! Just different STORYLINES to play with, which are probably not even down to them overall.

I still say your clutching for excuses other than Torri getting a downgraded role..afterall, if you did love the others too, then why abandon them?

Not only that, but the episode "Irresistible" made me physically sick.

Oh god here we go again..its a TV show..get over it!! Ever seen the disclaimer that any similarities to people or events is entirely co-incidental? You keep banging on about it as if it was a personal attack on you.

You didnt have to watch it in the first place, and you dont have to keep bringing it up over and over. Personally, I found it hilarious. As did many others..was a good comedy episode, even if Lucius is annoying.

Also, your presumption about my involvement with SG-1 fandom is complete bull. I've watched it since the beginning and I am as much of a fan of that as I am of SGA.

*coughs* Oh really?

Thanks TT. :) *votes, even though she only watches Atlantis*

Looks to me like you saying you dont watch it..funny eh?

Thanks TT. :) *votes, even though she only watches Atlantis*

Looks to me like you saying you dont watch it..funny eh?

Ha. Yeah, at the time I was only watching Atlantis. Didn't say I'd never watched SG-1, and I did go back to it eventually. I just needed a break. I've enjoyed season ten, though. *shrugs*

As for your "it's a TV show"-- SGA may be, but my life isn't, and being reminded of certain events isn't something I expect when I'm watching something for enjoyment. I'm NOT the only one who was upset by that ep.

"Clutching for excuses" you say. No, not really. IMHO Mullie and Mallozzi write well for SG-1 but not for SGA, because SGA has always been much more character-driven than SG-1 and that's the way I and many of my friends liked it. The episode quality has been going rapidly downhill in the latter half of season 3, and I've quit mainly because I just can't stand to see something I loved so much turn into something I hate, with plots that barely hang together and characters who aren't anywhere near the same people from one week to the next sometimes. As far as the actors are concerned, I'm a dedicated fan of both David and Torri, and I'll keep watching anything those two are involved in outside SGA, but I did love SGA for a long time and I can't stand to see what it is becoming now.

I'm not abandoning them, I'm abandoning the show. I suffer from chronic depression as it is, I don't want to drag myself down further by putting the amount of emotion I've previously expended in fandom into something that upsets me. Why watch something I don't enjoy anymore?

come on whats Torri myspace

Do a search mate. Usually find everyone that way. That's how I came across Tom Welling, Ali Larter, Masi Oka, and a few others. Did search her and she is on there. Don't know what the big deal is of keeping it so secretive as it's not a secret as everyone's findable, it's just whether they will add you or not. Only posting this time of morning as I'm working a nightshift and got some spare time on my hands.

come on whats Torri myspace

Do a search mate. Usually find everyone that way. That's how I came across Tom Welling, Ali Larter, Masi Oka, and a few others. Did search her and she is on there. Don't know what the big deal is of keeping it so secretive as it's not a secret as everyone's findable, it's just whether they will add you or not. Only posting this time of morning as I'm working a nightshift and got some spare time on my hands.

Eh, just dun want her to get flooded by certain people in certain areas of fandom who would almost certainly be hostile. If you know a little more than the first thing about Torri, that makes it a lot easier to find her.