OOP movie - latest photos

showmasters

Source: Warner Bros. Pictures

Warner Bros. Pictures has announced that the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix theatrical teaser trailer will debut in theaters on November 17th. The trailer can only be seen in front of the studio's comedy adventure film, Happy Feet. The trailer should be online sometime the week after.

The highly-anticipated fifth "Harry Potter" installment hits theaters and IMAX on July 13, 2007.

• Showmasters Admin

I like the pics. I'm not sure about Luna though. I imagined her as more wacky. Looking more like a teenage blonde Professor Trelawny.

Dudley : " want that one! "

I think you'll find it'll be more like.

Uncle V: "Who attacked you Son?"

Dudley points at Harry.

Dudley: "Him!"

Edited by Too Tall

i love all these pics! and the one of the DA too!

luna is perfect in my eyes. i remember seeing the first photo of her and i was like... her eyes! perfect!

i dont like harry's hair either. it should be longer!

and looking at all the ofically relesaed images i feel liek OOTP has a similar look to POA. does it not? there is something about the picture of the trio that really reminds me of the shrieking shack scene.

=x=

• Showmasters Admin

WOW I wouldn't have known that was Luna. I really imagined her to look more wild but we'll see how it works. Is there ever a description of her in the book (and not just her jewellery?)

This was how we first met her....

She had straggly, waist-length, dirty-blond hair, very pale eyebrows, and protuberant eyes that gave her a permanently surprised look. Harry knew at once why Neville had chosen to pass this compartment by. The girl gave off an aura of distinct dottiness. Perhaps it was the fact that she had stuck her wand behind her left ear for safekeeping, or that she had chosen to wear a necklace of butterbeer caps, or that she was reading a magazine upside down.

This Luna just doesn't have "protuberant eyes" or "an aura of distinct dottiness", well not in those pictures she doesn't.

I agree with gobo1979uk she's just too pretty. Luna is an outsider, a dork. This Luna just doesn't look like a dork.

Hmmm...Harry's hair doesn't look right, I think we all agree on that one. Perhaps they can digitally alter it for the DVD special edition! :D

As for Umbridge, I agree with the "Monsters Inc." comment!

Luna is half-right, I'd say. She doesn't look disorganised enough (she looks like she knows exactly what she's doing, as opposed to being a little scatty like in the book). The one thing they've got exactly right on her (and this is, I'm sure, the reason they chose this actress) are her eyes. They are bright and bold and beautiful, exactly as you imagine them when described in the book. Just need to mess up her hair & uniform a bit, give her a butterbeer-cork necklace and we're done!

Bring on Chav Dudley! :dance:

Edited by Victor Van Dort

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I agree that Luna looks a bit too sane, but then we are just looking at photos, its all the actors performance. So we shall see...

I also feel that Prof. Umbridge doesnt look quite right either. I'm sure that in the book (please correct me if im wrong here) that Umbridge is described as looking 'toad like'. I cant remember if this was to do with her glasses, or her overall appearence?

I hope that the film makers dont change/cut out too much from the film (like they did in GoF, with Dobby and S.P.E.W.). I hope to see (amongst other things): Harry writing lines for Dolores, Mad-Eye Moody, Firenze (and his classroom), and the shrunken elf heads wearing christmas hats.

Well, thats it from me.

PCM.

• 2 weeks later...

hmm i don't know what to think about that!

I guess my first reaction is that it is a bit strange to have Voldy on a poster when the whole book is about how he supposedly doesn't exist to anyone other than the Order.

As a poster on it's own it is graphically cool and really threatening which is the right feel I guess. It is certainly a change from the other ones.