Diffrent Forum Party Location?

xlikkle-lilx

I used too love the Collectormania partys but now they have gone and there is a forum party - for over 18s! im sure there are lots of people on the forum who are under the age of 18. Maybe they could hold it in a different location or something so more people could attend? they would make more money and more people - younger and older - could enjoy the parties. xxx tell me your views please xxx

I think its just a case of SM had a short time to arrange anything the last couple of shows, and so with many of the venues being Licenced in MK they can only allow over 18s into the venues. Whilst there may be a large proportion of under 18s on the forum, the majority are over 18, therfore this happens.

This debate always happens, but their is nothing stopping a group of under18s arranging their own meet, somewhere on the party nights.

A

I think its just a case of SM had a short time to arrange anything the last couple of shows, and so with many of the venues being Licenced in MK they can only allow over 18s into the venues. Whilst there may be a large proportion of under 18s on the forum, the majority are over 18, therfore this happens.

This debate always happens, but their is nothing stopping a group of under18s arranging their own meet, somewhere on the party nights.

A

Oh my god, do you have a brain?

Yeaaah just leave us in the creche surrounded by people we don't know. Pft :stretcher:

• Moderators

A

Yeaaah just leave us in the creche surrounded by people we don't know. Pft :stretcher:

:crying: says you who attended anyway :eek:

• Moderators

Yeh but ....the Rat and Parrot is just TOO AWESOME! therefore...we should keep that place, but also have ANOTHER party elsewhere....aaaayyeee! more parties for Gem :blink:

As long as you have alcohol, you don't care where you are :D

A

Yeaaah just leave us in the creche surrounded by people we don't know. Pft :chair:

:lol: says you who attended anyway :P

:wub::dance::dance:

Technically the law only prevents those under 16 from entering premises unaccompanied which are exclusively or primarily imvolved in the sale of alcohol. However, the local authority may have imposed additional restrictions on certain pubs, or pubs in certain areas, such as over 18s or over 21s only, or a requirement to have door staff etc. Since the new licensing laws came into effect last November (which was after the last time there was a CM party), police have considerably greater powers to apply to revoke a license, either permanently or temporarily, when often additional conditions are imposed before premises are allowed to re-open. There have been a number of cases where premises have lost their license, some permanently, some temporarily, for underage drinking. I certainly notice some of the pubs in my area are much more diligent about underage drinking.

Given all that, were I a licence holder, I'd be very edgey about having a party on my premises where there could be a large number of sub-18s who might be tempted to drink illegally. IMHO, any smart licensee would want some strong undertakings from the organiser about underage drinking, and require frequent checks on who was drinking what during the evening (not just who was buying at the bar). Actually any really smart licensee probably wouldn't take the party in the first place...

Having attended parties with both mixed ages and over 18's I have to say I prefer the atmosphere of the second. No offence to the under 18's meant by that just my opinion.

The guests at the rat and parrott parties seem to be more relaxed in general than when held at the stadium. I guess its about the location more than anything but if they are to continue to show up its important factor.

Personally i prefer the over 18's parties at the Rat & Parott.

I like many have done my fair share of Collectormania parties having both attended and crewed them and frankly i was sick of seeing the under 18's, and 1 person in particular who saw fit at BOTH previous parties to get totally off their face on alcohol. How they were buying it I have no idea !!

Snap!

As much as I feel for the under 18's (and I was there myself once, many years ago, so I know how it feels). I like to unwind and party with my friends of a similar age. As a Mum, I spend every day with my child and I want time out every now and then.

The Rat & Parrot is a pub, therefore licencing rules apply. Showmasters didn't charge for this party and they certainly didn't make any money out of it - it was more of a "base" for the older ones to go to and let their hair down.

As it's been said numerous times, there's nothing stopping the younger ones in arranging their own meet at a venue that will allow them in.

I like many have done my fair share of Collectormania parties having both attended and crewed them and frankly i was sick of seeing the under 18's, and 1 person in particular who saw fit at BOTH previous parties to get totally off their face on alcohol. How they were buying it I have no idea !!

o lemmie guess who ur tlking bout??!! u wont let summit go that wernt even tru .... i wasnt drunk at any of the parties ask every1 i was with.... bt still you insist i was i remeber cleary wot u sed last time 'i had to restrain you from the bar' B) huh?? u neva did that!! i dunt recall even going near the bar ... it was a gd night i was hypa... u dunt have to b drunk to have a gd time!

i dunt wna start anyting but ur still accusing me of things i never even did.... nd i know perfectly well ur talking about ME!

sorri... just had to let it off ma chest ^_^

Technically the law only prevents those under 16 from entering premises unaccompanied which are exclusively or primarily imvolved in the sale of alcohol. However, the local authority may have imposed additional restrictions on certain pubs, or pubs in certain areas, such as over 18s or over 21s only
I think under 18s have to leave the premises by 9pm according to UK licensing laws.

I'm sure there were plenty of other meets going on over the Collectormania weekend!
There are no official ones or ones that are even pinned topics. Forumers just won't go to any meet unless it's official or pinned (therby having a SM "presence") cos of a fear of the unknown aka shyness.

The problem with this forum is that no one will take the initiative or responsibility to dare suggest a place on behalf of everyone concerned. But like I said, even if someone suggests a place, no one will take notice of it unless they feel a certain number of people will attend and for people to really take notice the thread needs to be pinned so it looks more official and encouraging.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Well, it doesn't really surprise me that a lot of the younger ones would be apprehensive about meeting a bunch of strangers off the Internet ... in fact that's exactly how they should be, and to attend the "official" meets is the best option really.

Yes, it does often mean that they don't have anywhere to go, but I can understand some being unsure of organising or attending something else.

.o lemmie guess who ur tlking bout??!! u wont let summit go that wernt even tru .... i wasnt drunk at any of the parties ask every1 i was with.... bt still you insist i was i remeber cleary wot u sed last time 'i had to restrain you from the bar' :unsure: huh?? u neva did that!! i dunt recall even going near the bar ... it was a gd night i was hypa... u dunt have to b drunk to have a gd time!

i dunt wna start anyting but ur still accusing me of things i never even did.... nd i know perfectly well ur talking about ME!

sorri... just had to let it off ma chest :rolleyes:

*Ouch* that hurt my eyes and my head trying to make out what on earth was typed.

Can someone please translate it for me?

Or better still..... Diamonddog - any chance you could use PROPER readable English please?