Diffrent Forum Party Location?

xlikkle-lilx

so you've proved your point, im typing properly, now for the last time PLEASE drop it, im starting to get upset and annoyed with the constant arguments over my typing which i have agreed to change, i have nicely asked for people to stop.

Thank you, it is very much appreciated. I'm sure you'll find that most of the forum will be grateful for the change.

Thank you yes, that's much better - keep it up :wub:

The problem with this forum is that no one will take the initiative or responsibility to dare suggest a place on behalf of everyone concerned. But like I said, even if someone suggests a place, no one will take notice of it unless they feel a certain number of people will attend and for people to really take notice the thread needs to be pinned so it looks more official and encouraging.

You got any suggestions for an alternative place to go to then?

In reply to Kell's above post:

There are no official meets or ones that are even pinned topics. Forumers (esp young 'uns and newbies) just won't go to any meet unless it's official or pinned (therby having a SM "presence") cos of a fear of the unknown aka shyness.
I'm over 21 and wouldn't hangout with people significantly younger anyway so it's not my concern, Kell. I'm just stating that someone (ideally a mod, not a newbie) should make a suggestion cos no one will listen to anyone else cos they aren't affiliated with the trustworthy SM...

People (TT and I included) have tried before to suggest but numbers were very low cos the topic wasn't pinned and was not supported by SM so forumers were apprehensive about going.

Edited by nicky

• Showmasters Admin

If SM can find a venue for the "Official Party" then this entire thread is mute.

The problem is finding a venue that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. And trust me, in the centre of MK venues do want their pound of flesh. They found one venue but based on the number of tickets sold at last "Official Party" they would have had to charge £35 a ticket just to break even, and no one would be willing to pay that, especially the under 18s.

If SM continue having the "forum get together" like at the last two Collectormanias I don't see where else they could have it.

You need a venue that you don't have to pay a lot for (remember SM aren't charging for it), and the venue needs to be in the centre of MK. Unfortunately this pretty much leaves you with a pub or club. I have looked into it.

The only other option is to have it in a restaurant but then they'll expect most people to eat and so you've got the whole problem with deposits and everyone has to turn up at around the same time. You can't make a booking for 80 people and say "well 40 may eat and we'll be turning up between 7pm and 9pm". No restaurant would take a booking like that.

Basically whilst SM can't find a venue for the "Official Party" I don't see any alternative to having a get together in a pub. It's unfortunate for the under 18s and I understand that, and I'm sure once SM find a venue that isn't stupidly expensive they'll use it.

If you can come up with an alternative under 18s friendly venue for either the "Official Party" or a low cost "forum get together" then let us know.

SM can't just pull one out of a hat.

Edited by Too Tall

where as I understand it must be frustrating for all the younger members of the forum (I'm only 22 so it wasn't tooooo long ago I was an illeagle drinker :P:lol:) as others have pointed out, there is the Forum Bowling (City Limits) on Friday nights which is open to all! if you are 16/17 you can normlly get into pubs/clubs without being asked for ID if you make a bit of effort! :D we took Turkfox to both the C9 and C10 meets in the Rat and Parrot with no problems! :YAHOO:

personally, I like it only being the over 18s as I didn't find it appropriate that little kids and pre-teens were being brought to a party where alcohol was being consumed and people were, somewhat inevitabally, getting drunk. and to be honest, that's fair enough! it's a party and people want to have a good time! :dance:

it is also a massive bonus that the current venue is FREE. not that it doesn't have it's flaws: it was far too hot at C10 and could have done with being a bigger area and some of our group were complaining about the cost of drinks :dance: sufficed to say, we made an appearence then some went to local 'Spoons and the rest of us went to shoot things in the arcade in City Limits! B)

QUESTION: what was with the whole "VIP area" thing?! :dance: who was allowed in there?! crew? forum members? if you knew the right people? :thumbup:

surfy sah xx

• Showmasters Admin

QUESTION: what was with the whole "VIP area" thing?! :YAHOO: who was allowed in there?! crew? forum members? if you knew the right people?:thumbup:

surfy sah xx

The area upstairs was for Crew only until 9pm and then open to all (In theory for forum members, but that can't be checked so anyone knowing it was the SM forum meet) after that.

QUESTION: what was with the whole "VIP area" thing?! :( who was allowed in there?! crew? forum members? if you knew the right people?:headscratch:

surfy sah xx

The area upstairs was for Crew only until 9pm and then open to all (In theory for forum members, but that can't be checked so anyone knowing it was the SM forum meet) after that.

I know that :dance: there was a VIP section UPSTAIRS blocked off just past the bar to the back stairs :dance: if you'd come you'd have known :dance::YAHOO:

surfy sah xx

ps-sorry Turkfox, my bad!! :YAHOO:

• 1 year later...

C'mon guys, quit breaking her balls...it's only a fun forum not a uni essay. That's just The Kids these days.

As much as i despise text speak i have to say that it can become addictive. when i first downloaded MSN everyone spoke to me in it, and i felt geeky (as pathetic as it sounds) talking in proper english. I started speaking in text speak out of habit, it kind of rubbed off on me. But now i find it hard to read and it takes more time to process. So now i type how i speak, in english. it's easier to read than "dis kinda tlk init".

It's painful to read that, it makes the person typing in "TXT SPEEK" sound like an illiterate chav.

I sympathise with the girl but im sixteen years old and i don't see the point in text speak to be honest. It's not quicker. and would you rather seem illiterate but you typed a miniscule amount faster. Or use proper english which maybe take a tiny bit longer.

• 4 years later...