Diffrent Forum Party Location?

xlikkle-lilx

.o lemmie guess who ur tlking bout??!! u wont let summit go that wernt even tru .... i wasnt drunk at any of the parties ask every1 i was with.... bt still you insist i was i remeber cleary wot u sed last time 'i had to restrain you from the bar' ^_^ huh?? u neva did that!! i dunt recall even going near the bar ... it was a gd night i was hypa... u dunt have to b drunk to have a gd time!

i dunt wna start anyting but ur still accusing me of things i never even did.... nd i know perfectly well ur talking about ME!

sorri... just had to let it off ma chest :dance:

*Ouch* that hurt my eyes and my head trying to make out what on earth was typed.

Can someone please translate it for me?

Or better still..... Diamonddog - any chance you could use PROPER readable English please?

well i do apologise Jola, but thats how i type on the comp... like txt language... basically im saying wt ive sed time nd time b4.... I WAS NOT DRUNK AT THE PARTIES AND I DO NOT KNOW WHY DISNEYDUDE STILL INSISTS I WAS!

:P

You don't really need to type text language on a PC though as there's not limited space like in a text message :dance:

lol very tru ( thnx for puttin it nicely) ... bt im 15... 15yr olds cnt b bovad to type properly on the comp ... . i dunt speak or write like it so i dunt c the problem... im sorri (not directed at u) bt if u dunt understand my message dunt read it ^_^

Yeah but you're missing the point? You're 15 years old - you should be at school learning how to speak and write english. Hell, my FIVE year old is doing that!!!!

Kewl talk is for phones not forums. You've been told this time and time again.

We have to read through the posts to get the idea of what's happening in the thread. Why can everyone else type properly but it's different for you?

I wanna stay with Rat and Parrot, although I hope they turn down the heating next time ;)

OMG yes! It was a rather 'sweaty' affair last time ;):P

:blink: Just a bit... which results in sweaty hugs. :WINCE: Can't say I wasn't relieved when we finally left. Walked back to the Travelodge just to get cool again.

lol very tru ( thnx for puttin it nicely) ... bt im 15... 15yr olds cnt b bovad to type properly on the comp ... . i dunt speak or write like it so i dunt c the problem... im sorri (not directed at u) bt if u dunt understand my message dunt read it ;)

I believe you're wrong there - when I was 15, I typed properly. As do my younger sister and all of her friends. Your age is no excuse for it.

Back on topic - I liked the Rat & Parrot thing, but I've never actually been to one of the parties so I can't compare. And yes, I know I complained before C9, but I still got in when the bouncers weren't paying attention - only just, though.

Edited by TurkFox

Yeah but you're missing the point? You're 15 years old - you should be at school learning how to speak and write english. Hell, my FIVE year old is doing that!!!!

Kewl talk is for phones not forums. You've been told this time and time again.

We have to read through the posts to get the idea of what's happening in the thread. Why can everyone else type properly but it's different for you?

Well said! ;)

well im sorri this 15yr old does... nd my frends do .... even my sis nd bro do nd they r alot older than me! the subject i was previously tlking bout was nothing even to do with the way i was typing... it was anuva subject but ya'll fort u wud get to have anova go at me... cus u like to do that dunt ya????!!!!!

im ending this rite now!

it was anuva subject but ya'll fort u wud get to have anova go at me... cus u like to do that dunt ya????!!!!!

No, but most of us on here like to read things with ease - that's what we were educated for! It's common courtesy and considered polite to other forum users!

im ending this rite now!

Excellent - so we'll see you typing the words in full that are clearly legible :YAHOO:

You don't really need to type text language on a PC though as there's not limited space like in a text message :YAHOO:

lol very tru ( thnx for puttin it nicely) ... bt im 15... 15yr olds cnt b bovad to type properly on the comp ... .

Having several relatives of that age, I can confidently say that you don't speak for all 15 year olds on that point.

i dunt speak or write like it so i dunt c the problem...

Well, to be perfectly blunt about it, typing like that makes you seem like a cretinous halfwit. Of course, if you wish to come across as an immature idiot, that is your prerogative. As for "i dunt speak ... like it", I suspect you don't also speak like "thnx" and "cnt", since without vowels the words are barely more than guttural grunts. OK, maybe you do speak like that...

im sorri (not directed at u) bt if u dunt understand my message dunt read it :P

Oh, we can understand your message eventually if we can be "bovad"; it's just considered impolite not to write in the recognised language of the forum. I bet you would be upset if SM posted a message promising a free photoshoot and autograph with Elijah Wood to 15 years olds, but they posted it in Flemish. ;)

C'mon guys, quit breaking her balls...it's only a fun forum not a uni essay. That's just The Kids these days.

I'm sorry, but as a parent that is something I feel strongly about. I take time to teach my five year old good command of the english language and I certainly won't brush off her laziness as "That's just the kids these days!"

If all our attitudes were lazy in that way, God help the country in years to come!

You don't really need to type text language on a PC though as there's not limited space like in a text message :dance:

lol very tru ( thnx for puttin it nicely) ... bt im 15... 15yr olds cnt b bovad to type properly on the comp ... . i dunt speak or write like it so i dunt c the problem... im sorri (not directed at u) bt if u dunt understand my message dunt read it :D

It doesn't take much more effort to type correctly, cnt vs cant, it's only one more letter, how is that a hassle? Also you have replaced don't with dunt, all you've done there is replace one vowel with another which is hardly a timesaver.

I'm assuming you don't write like that at school & in exams so why should you let your standards slip when you are on the computer. Surely it would be more sensible to keep practising so that when the time comes for you to sit an exam you can make your point clearly, consisely & articulately. If you were to write an exam in the language you use on the computer then the examiner wouldn't even bother to read it and would automatically fail you. Is it really worth that because you "cnt b bovad"?

I'm not saying you shouldn't shorten words occasionally, but if you are going to do it, it should at least be shortened to a sensible & easily comprehensible alternative.

Edited by Magenta_Jan

jebus!!!! :D jus because on ere i dunt write to ur standards does nt mean im a dunce! im quite intelligent nd i speak well for myself.... i think its wrong in you lot saying that because on ere i write in txt language then obviously im not bright!!

nd ye gr8 if ur bringing up ur kids to speak propa english.... my mum brought me up well nd taught me gd english, ive always been at the top of ma classes nd still am... bt doesn't mean in everything i do i have to write perfect nd nicky's right its kids of today jus because the people u know dont .... does nt mean all teenagers are like them... because they ent!!!

i sed i wanted to finish it bt u all had to just carry it on... im sorri if u cnt read it... bt uve been perfectly able to read my arguments and reply to them eh ... even if u did do it with struggle ... i tink ur all being relli unfair now wen from the start this wasnt about this... nd of course im gna say summit bk nt jus gna let u say all that! ur now all takin the mick out of the way i type, ur makin me look like im a bad person because of the way nd thats wrong!

cn u plz jus LEAVE IT!!! :dance:

jebus!!!!:D jus because on ere i dunt write to ur standards does nt mean im a dunce! im quite intelligent nd i speak well for myself.... i think its wrong in you lot saying that because on ere i write in txt language then obviously im not bright!!

nd ye gr8 if ur bringing up ur kids to speak propa english.... my mum brought me up well nd taught me gd english, ive always been at the top of ma classes nd still am... bt doesn't mean in everything i do i have to write perfect nd nicky's right its kids of today jus because the people u know dont .... does nt mean all teenagers are like them... because they ent!!!

i sed i wanted to finish it bt u all had to just carry it on... im sorri if u cnt read it... bt uve been perfectly able to read my arguments and reply to them eh ... even if u did do it with struggle ... i tink ur all being relli unfair now wen from the start this wasnt about this... nd of course im gna say summit bk nt jus gna let u say all that! ur now all takin the mick out of the way i type, ur makin me look like im a bad person because of the way nd thats wrong!

cn u plz jus LEAVE IT!!!:D

Maybe it would just be better for you and everyone else if you conformed to 'netiquette' and stopped typing in text speech though...that way you won't have as many people complaining!

Just a thought :dance:

• Moderators

It's not a case of you can't help it but more a case of you can't be bothered to put the effort into writing normally, which is fair enough. I'm sure we don't want all these long arguments over it, it's just a pain for some people to understand that's all.

if u cnt read my replies just forget em.... it will save people arguing wit me

Doesn't that sort of defeat the whole purpose of posting on a forum?

If all our attitudes were lazy in that way, God help the country in years to come!

I'm with you Jola. Interestingly enough there was an article about this a couple of months ago. Apparently the big name companies were complaining that people leaving school and going to work were not able to write a correct business letter and the companies were wasting a lot of money on training to get them up to basic standard.

I'm not a mother but I can tell you that typing is majorly important these days and if people are text typing then they are never going to learn how to touch type correctly.

Anyway enough of a side-note.

Diamond Dog I'm not sure it is entirely your typing that is bothering people but possibly more your attitude towards the people who asked you to please type normally. Many of us love it here and it is very laid back and a laugh but there are a few guidelines and things that most people who want to be a part of the forum are happy to conform to. I just don't understand why it is such a big deal to type stuff out especially since it is doubtfull that you will have a nice, normal, interesting or fun conversation with anyone on here until you do!

sos thats jus the way ive been typing for a while, i cnt help it im afraid

Based on what I wrote above and as Jola said, maybe you should think about this as a place to practice "proper" typing so that when you want a job you won't type a letter in txt type!!!!! :P

i wud obviously nt write a letter in txt language! but ok woteva i hate going against wt i normally do bt if it will stop people digging at me fine---------- i will write properly on here!!!!......... can you all just leave it now plEASE

and just to had i can actually touch type, i took lessons about 4years ago :P

***add

No we are not making you out to be a bad person at all - we're just trying to get our point across that it's MANNERS and COURTESY to type properly on forums.

Why do have to consistently go against our requests.

If you say you are well educated, then PROVE IT by typing properly.

so basically what you are saying is, is that because i don't type properly i have no manners... cheers! i don't have to type properly in a forum to prove my intelligence.

so you've proved your point, im typing properly, now for the last time PLEASE drop it, im starting to get upset and annoyed with the constant arguments over my typing which i have agreed to change, i have nicely asked for people to stop.

so basically what you are saying is, is that because i don't type properly i have no manners... cheers! i don't have to type properly in a forum to prove my intelligence.

Yup, precisely that. In using "txt" speech, you have no manners, what about non-English speakers that come onto this forum? It's even harder, if not impossible, for them to understand your "txt" posts.

M'dear, intelligence and manners are not inclusive of one another. Honestly, I'm sure that members of this board are not overly concerned with your "intelligence", only that you have a polite attitude and type messages that everyone can read. For that is the whole purpose of a public forum, no?

so you've proved your point, im typing properly, now for the last time PLEASE drop it, im starting to get upset and annoyed with the constant arguments over my typing which i have agreed to change, i have nicely asked for people to stop.

Thank you, it is very much appreciated. I'm sure you'll find that most of the forum will be grateful for the change.

Edited by Jeni